• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I sense a genreshift is coming up.

Thank you hugely for the replies!

RGB - An excellent idea! There is indeed actually a bit of fustigation during Sandesh and Pranjal's scene this time around...

naggy - A very good link. I rather think that guy would make an excellent replacement for Sandesh.

Keinwyn - I have no idea why you would think that...*cough*

dinofs - You don't trust buttery curtains as a cure?!

blsteen - Another non-believer in the power of buttery curtains?! Heresy!

Johan11 - Curses...it seems my pathetic attempt to add in some unexpected drama has failed!

I have some excellent news; this will be my last update for at least a week, thus I will not be clogging up the forum with my dross! I have played no further, and like everyone and their mother, I too have bought Victoria II and am readying myself to have my backside handed to me in yet another Paradox title. Thus this AAR will be on a short break, but updates will, alas, resume soon.

khanflagtopjpeg.jpg

Scene XIII

In the Khandesh army camp, located outside of Telingana, Vijaynagar; Major Wagh has just been told that the war has ended.

PRAVEER Alright lads, you can rest easy. The war has ended, we've won. You've done me proud lads. Wait...is that...someone lying down over there?
SOLDIER Uhm...yes, sir. We were just about to tell you tha-
PRAVEER Whoever that is, they are wearing one of our uniforms...
SOLDIER Err...yes, sir. You see, when the Sultan recently passed us, as you know, sir-
PRAVEER Right, right the victory parade, and?
SOLDIER Well we all saluted as is only correct, sir. The problem is Utkarsh was still holding his sword when he saluted...and he kind of cut himself...
PRAVEER What?! So after injuring everyone in this company, he's finally injured himself?!
SOLDIER Uh...yes, sir. We asked him if he'd hurt himself, there was alot of blood as you'd expect, sir. He really shouldn't have nodded in answer to our question.
PRAVEER He shouldn't have nodded? What do you mean, man?
SOLDIER Well if you'll cast your gaze over here, sir...
PRAVEER Is that...his head?!
SOLDIER I'm afraid so, sir. He seems to have...cut himself badly and then...nodded his...uhm...head...uh...off, sir...
PRAVEER Good grief! Well, have the body and, the...uh...the head cleaned away, and lets speak no more of this. If anyone asks he died heroically on the battlefield.

Private Gunjan discreetly removes the body, head and all.

UP7-1.jpg

This is sadly the result of my using the conquest casus belli on Mysore to begin this war. At the cost of four infamy per province, I dare not take any land directly from Vijaynagar, as I am too close to my infamy limit as it is. Instead two province Travanacore is released, alongside some other minor concession. I'll simply have to wait until the truce with Vijaynagar runs out once again, before I can declare war using the excellent 'Holy War' casus belli.

Inside the Royal Palace in Burhanpur, Khandesh; Minister Hritik is searching for Minister Taral.

HRITIK Taral, just the man I was looking for. I was wondering if you could tell me what excactly this is?
TARAL ah yes, that. I'm rather proud of it.
HRITIK Proud? What the devil is it?
TARAL Well I've learned my lesson with regards to cutting corners in supplying the troops, I'll never do something so heinous again. So I instead took the initiative and decided to order the creation of some medical kits for our soldiers. Hopefully the kit will save some lives on the battlefield.
HRITIK Thats a very good idea, but I do not know what it has got to do with this thing.
TARAL Yes, I was rather surprised too. You are actually holding the new medical kit. It was designed by one of our most distinguished doctors.
HRITIK This is one of the new medical kits?
TARAL Indeed. I was rather surprised to find that a lump of butter wrapped in a curtain proved an effective medical aid too, but there you go. This is what the doctor has recommended the troops are equipped with.
HRITIK You are seriously telling me that one of our most respected and distinguished doctors told you to equip our men with a medical kit consisting of a lump of butter with a curtain wrapped around it?
TARAL Yes.
HRITIK I've heard enough Taral, I've given you too many chances. This has the hallmark of another useless piece of Dibbvler rubbish. Guards, take him away.

A desperately pleading Taral is dragged off to the dungeons.

UP7-2.jpg

Having gained the core on Mysore, her culture of Kannada is absorbed into the nation. I'm very glad about this as I am needing any monetary increases I can get. Money is proving very tight, as can be seen in the screenshot. I currently have military maintenance set to zero, only rising it whenever a rebellion occurs. I am simply waiting for the first national idea to be allowed. National Bank cannot come quickly enough.

Leaving the Royal Palace in Burhanpur, Khandesh; Sandesh Damle and Pranjal Shimpi discuss their recent meeting with the Sultan.

SANDESH You see that the Sultan favours me in requesting that I employ my masterful rhetoric to baffle the heathen peasants into accepting the newly introduced jizya? I am the leader in fully implementing this excellent new policy. Clearly I was chosen as you still have too much to learn, young pup.
PRANJAL Yes, he did indeed choose you for this role. I am surprised you think it a reward. Congratulations then, its been nice knowing you.
SANDESH Thank you, thank you. Wait...what?
PRANJAL Oh, you did you not know that near every member of the population is not Muslim, but instead Hindu? Of course I am sure they will nonetheless be happy to have you persaude them to pay extra taxes.

Sandesh disappears under a mob of irate citizens.

UP7-3.jpg

In a bid to bolster my miserable income, I enacted the 'Introduce Jizya!' decision. The increase in income is not great, but with the country as large as it now is, and with my having no plans to westernise, increasing the stability cost is not a great problem in return for some extra cash, however little it is. With a complete lack of any Islamic provinces whatsoever, the Khalifa decision was also enacted to make the future conversion of provinces to the Islamic faith a slightly easier task. The yearly prestige increase it also brings is a nice bonus.

Inside the Royal Palace in Burhanpur, Khandesh; doctor Manish Shahane waits with his fellow doctor Rujul Jaykar.

RUJUL I would never have thought this result to be possible...
MANISH Indeed. The Sultan seems such a normal man. To think he is actually afflicted with such a horrible stain on his very being. His achievements seem all the more magnificent.
RUJUL Truly he is a great man despite the horrible curse he suffers. I almost fear his return from crushing those rebel scum in Bastar. I do not wish to give him this horrible news.
GUARD Have you not heard? The Sultan is dead! Slain by the rebel curs!
RUJUL Oh thank goodness.
GUARD What?!
RUJUL Oh, uh, nothing, nothing. Thank goodness we do not need to give the Sultan the terrible news now Manish. But should we not tell his heir, the new Sultan? He too will be suffering from this horrific illness.
MANISH Are you mad? I rather like having my head remain a part of my body. No one need know. The Sultan did well whilst not knowing, let us simply pray his heir does likewise. Hopefully none will ever learn that our royal family is part S-
RUJUL Don't even utter the accursed word!
MANISH You are right. Lets simply leave.

Both men rush off to celebrate the good news, whilst the nation mouns.

UP7-4.jpg

Therefore the great Sultan Nasir Khan Faruqi has sadly passed away, slain by a mere hugely outnumbered 183 rebels. Noting the tiny number of enemy troops, I had to make I had not yet began the Suenik part of this AAR (sorry, I could not resist that in-joke!). More likely it is due to this being scene thirteen, which indeed proves unlucky for some. The newly crowned Sultan arrived with a 15 year old heir in tow. I can only hope that the new heir is an uncle, cousin or brother, as the Sultan is only 24 himself.

khanflagbottomjpeg.jpg

Thus the Mammia Mia! (quickly, click on the link and enjoy a brilliant AAR rather than continue reading this tripe!) section of this AAR comes to a close. Many thanks once again to aldriq for proving kind enough to let me ruin the reputation of his excellent AAR with my drivel. My next victim is dinofs...

Oh my. Lookit all them exits. All the world's a stage, and on that stage, 13 is an unlucky number.

Well done, and let's continue!

During all those updates I have forgotten which of the doctors was the oldfahioned, and which was not. They seemed mad both of them.

Wonderful read!

As for Utkarsh, he may be gone? But who can forget that smile...the pained expression after he nodded...ouch!

Super AAR...

Let us all have a silent minute for the Great Utkarsh!

Well, that was a finale! With cliffhanger and all :rofl: I like the fact that you are much more ruthless than me with your characters, I only kill celphalopods :rolleyes:

But let's not worry about a 13th scene being unlucky, this is going to be a 10-act play after all :rolleyes: And no one has mentioned the S- play... yet :D

I can't wait to see your take on my "style", though I am somewhat confused as to what kind of writing style I have. I always thought that Going FAARther was fairly generic. :rofl:

I have just finished reading all your AARs and they gave me a lot of fun and informations about Scots. Thanks for your effort to entertain others;).