• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is zahumlje and ragusa catholic serb,they should be catholic croat.

I'd quite like a blank province map if someone has one, as well.

I've been playing on this and I love your new map. :)
Normally I play with DVIP though, and playing on this I have the issue where any independent duchy or principality will pledge allegiance to whatever king has the highest prestige. =\ It's quite obnoxious having every russian principality join byzantium every game.

Because I copied the culture set up from DVIP...
Can I get a empty province map somewhere? :)

Not at the moment, but I intend to make one at some point.

I've been playing on this and I love your new map. :)
Normally I play with DVIP though, and playing on this I have the issue where any independent duchy or principality will pledge allegiance to whatever king has the highest prestige. =\ It's quite obnoxious having every russian principality join byzantium every game.

Have you installed the 2.1 beta patch for DV, as I believe that solves the pledging issue.

Hi I'm new here, but I've been lurking for quite some time. Judging by the screenshots you posted; I love your improvements to the map, that is how the map should have looked like;). However IMHO I do not think that you have improved the Duchy of Brabant, Brabant looked much better in earlier versions (I'm from North Brabant (the Dutch part)). I suggest that a small bit from Gent and a somewhat larger bit from Loon go to Antwerpen or Brabant on the map.
And furthermore I prefer the old map for Styria and Carinthia (but that is more a personal preference); IMO the latest version is better in a early game and the older version is better for the later scenarios. And the same applies to Brabant to some extent.

And even though I personally do no not agree with these 'improvements' , I still think you did a marvelous job in general for the map.

Last edited:
I found a little problem while playing as the duchy of Apulia in the 1066 scenario start, an event shows up saying "Managing a province that is so far away is very difficult", something like that, but the province mentioned is Foggia, which is right in front of Melfi, the capital, it happened again in Constanza, which is pretty close as well.

Hi I'm new here, but I've been lurking for quite some time. Judging by the screenshots you posted; I love what your improvements to the map, that is how the map should have looked like;). However IMHO I do not think that you have improved the Duchy of Brabant, Brabant looked much better in earlier versions (I'm from North Brabant (the Dutch part)). I suggest that a small bit from Gent and a somewhat larger bit from Loon go to Antwerpen or Brabant on the map.
And furthermore I prefer the old map for Styria and Carinthia (but that is more a personal preference); IMO the latest version is better in a early game and the older version is better for the later scenarios. And the same applies to Brabant to some extent.

And even though I personally do no not agree with these 'improvements' , I still think you did a marvelous job in general for the map.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I'll have a look at the Brabant region, and if I can find some maps of the later game period I'll consider tweaking some of the boundaries to better reflect it. As for Styria and Carinthia, these seemed to be very ill defined regions back then, and so I decided to go with the borders that are better for the 1066 scenario as this is what most people play.
I found a little problem while playing as the duchy of Apulia in the 1066 scenario start, an event shows up saying "Managing a province that is so far away is very difficult", something like that, but the province mentioned is Foggia, which is right in front of Melfi, the capital, it happened again in Constanza, which is pretty close as well.

After a bit of hunting I discovered that there's a typo in the region area for Melfi. I'll upload an updated quickfix shortly to correct this.

Quickfix 2 can be downloaded. If you've already downloaded the first one, you should get this too. If you haven't, then you only need to download this file as it contains all the changes in the first quickfix.

EDIT: just realised there was a mistake with the initial upload, so apologies to the person who downloaded it. New upload is correct.

Last edited:
Hey, wow ... just discovered this. Downloaded and played a bit. Amazing, though I did discovered that armies fight in the sea when in the province of Dunbar!

Great job! Let me know if you want me to suggest improvements!

Zahumlje as Serb is correct as far as I know. Ragusa should be Dalmatian, but that culture isn't in the game. Ideally we should scrap Serb and Croatian cultures ... ridiculous to distinguish them for 1066 when even Poles and Russians still speak the same language (and Serbs and Croats have always had the same language, nationalist fantasy aside). And Sardinian isn't even distiguished Italian! So you should count yourself lucky, the modders have been very kind to Croatian already. ;)

Zahumlje as Serb is correct as far as I know. Ragusa should be Dalmatian, but that culture isn't in the game. Ideally we should scrap Serb and Croatian cultures ... ridiculous to distinguish them for 1066 when even Poles and Russians still speak the same language (and Serbs and Croats have always had the same language, nationalist fantasy aside). And Sardinian isn't even distiguished Italian! So you should count yourself lucky, the modders have been very kind to Croatian already. ;)

Yeah dude,hat down on that.The main difference was not the language,but religion.
Catholic serb = insanity :)
Oh and i forgot,the zahumlje thing.The eastern part was orthodox(and is today).howewer the central and western parts(mostar,islands) were croatian.

Last edited:
Hey perhat, glad to see you have a good humour about it. :) FYI, the reasons the modders separated Croat and Serb culturally, as well as religiously, is that there wasn't a good name (Slav being unusable because other Slav groups were specified).

:eek:
icon14.gif

Mappa Regnorum 1.1 is now available for download. No huge changes here, this update obviously includes the fixes as well as:

-Dauphine is now split into two provinces, Viennois and Dauphine. Dvin and Kogovit (provinces in Armenia) have been merged (as Dvin).
-Byzantine-Seljuk war removed from 1066 scenario.
-A few culture/religion alterations in Dalmatia in 1066.
-Aswan is now part of the 'Nubia' area rather than 'Delta'.

and that's about it really.

Mappa Regnorum 1.1 is now available for download. No huge changes here, this update obviously includes the fixes as well as:

-Dauphine is now split into two provinces, Viennois and Dauphine. Dvin and Kogovit (provinces in Armenia) have been merged (as Dvin).
-Byzantine-Seljuk war removed from 1066 scenario.
-A few culture/religion alterations in Dalmatia in 1066.
-Aswan is now part of the 'Nubia' area rather than 'Delta'.

and that's about it really.

That's great news, but you haven't take a look at the Brabant region (because I already knew you wouldn't change Carinthia/Styria)? Since IMHO, and I'm from Brabant, Brabant looked much better in the versions before 1.0; in particular the border of Antwerp with Gent and Loon.
Although, and I hope you don't mind, already edited your 1.0 map by using your earlier version*, so that I would be more like the way I like it (Brabant and Carinthia/Styria).
(*= BTW that took more time than I thought;)).

That's great news, but you haven't take a look at the Brabant region (because I already knew you wouldn't change Carinthia/Styria)? Since IMHO, and I'm from Brabant, Brabant looked much better in the versions before 1.0; in particular the border of Antwerp with Gent and Loon.
Although, and I hope you don't mind, already edited your 1.0 map by using your earlier version*, so that I would be more like the way I like it (Brabant and Carinthia/Styria).
(*= BTW that took more time than I thought;)).

This update was mainly to get everything up to date release-wise. Since then I've had a look at the Belgium area and have redrawn it slightly to hopefully better reflect the later Duchy of Brabant.

lowcountries2.png

Nothing really important, but shouldn't the province of Pescara (a part of Spoleto, Italy) be a part of the kingdom of Sicily (later 'Naples') (like Pescara, Spoleto, Sicily)? (Since everyone can change this themselves.)

Furthermore I really like what you propose for the Brabant region.:)

Last edited: