• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While rather distinct in their cultures even to this day, I don't think the naming practices from North Italy to South Italy (or Venice) really differ that much. And unless I'm mistaken, that's effectively all cultures do, determine personal names for characters.

What for?

I agree with you vax. You cannot keep dividing cultures up. French gets it because it was truly significant, but you think about Germans, Swedes, really any cure has some amount of differences and you cannot pick one favourite. Honestly Arab needs it the most.

I agree with you vax. You cannot keep dividing cultures up. French gets it because it was truly significant, but you think about Germans, Swedes, really any cure has some amount of differences and you cannot pick one favourite. Honestly Arab needs it the most.

I agree, I briefly considered a Venetian culture but there isn't really any need to split it from Italian IMO.

I'm wondering if I could shift one of the dark cultures to a light culture tag and use the free tag for Nubian. Could any of the current dark cultures feasibly be switched over?

Personally, I'd say the Cumans over the Alans.

*orgasm*

Awesome work. Really. The cutoff above Medelpad in Scandinavia is exellent as its very historical. However, my main gripe regarding Scandinavia in vanilla CK was the few provinces it had and how easy it was to unite and maintain the three kingdoms. One of the main reasons for the historical disunity was the decentralized rule and lack of common laws in Scandinavia, so would it be possible to expand the number of provinces (albeit, make them very poor) so that its harder to hold onto the three crowns like it was historically?

Rabid Bogling/Andrzej I: I decided to go with the Cumans. I merged the Scandinavian cultures, and switched Frisian over to the Danish tag and Cuman over to none, so they have more appropriate sprites. That just leaves Swedish as a free tag.

Lord of Pain: Well I've added a few provinces to Norway since I last posted a screenshot. Norway now has 15 provinces, Sweden 20 and Denmark 10. There aren't enough province tags left to add any more.

I'm not going to go overboard with adding kingdoms. Occitania, if I add it, wouldn't include areas currently part of Burgundy.

ok so it may should be carolingian Aquitaine instead of Occitania

Or maybe the Vlach?

Mappa Regnorum Alpha 0.1 download (61MB)

I'm calling it an alpha because that seems the most appropriate. This download features the 1066 scenario only, and I haven't changed the terrain map yet so don't be alarmed when you see the old map and a mess of COAs and borders when you load up the game. I haven't used this hosting site before, but it was the only one I could get to work, so let me know if there are any problems with it.

I don't know how stable it will be. I played a couple of test games and didn't get a crash, so hopefully it should run OK.

To install, extract over a clean install of Crusader Kings.

Arko: I went with Aquitania as a name for the kingdom, like it is in DVIP.

Rabid Bogling/Andrzej I: For now the Swedish tag has been left free.

Excellent !

may i suggest to give Vivarais and Forez to the Burgundy crown ?
Saluzzo to Italy ?

at the sight of the frontiers in Upper Lorraine :
a few suggestions about naming of the provinces
Bar >> Verdun
Saintois >> Bar
Lorraine >> Saintois / Vaudémont

Ile de France is pretty modern. just France would fill nice

Last edited:
I disagree, Ile de France is not so modern.

According to wiki, Ile de France was already used during the capetian era.

Moreover, some historians claim that 'Ile de France' could be a deformation of the Frankish expression 'Liddle Franke' (ie Little France).

IMO, it should be kept as it is.

ARGHH Download limit reached?!

EDIT - I prefer the sound of Ile-de-France, I think we should also keep in mind that not only should provinces be correct time-wise, but also that they always go with titles - i.e Count of Ile-de-France sounds more sensible than count of France. For that reason I'd also suggest Paris?