• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This map looks incredibly and lovingly detailed, it looks like it will be amazing to play with.

Is there any chance you can release the black and white province map?
(Like the one you made for the Western Europe Map that combined into the old one.)

Some interesting ideas.

Arko: Occitania is definitely a possible addition. The Savoy/Switzerland region is already covered by Burgundy, so adding any more kingdoms there isn't really neccesary IMO. Brittany is also a possibility, but I'm not keen on titles that can be formed immediately from the scenario start by the AI when they have enough cash.

faboj: Ok I'll take a look

Draztikus/Vaximillian: Navarra won't be recreatable as it's too small. Nubia will, due to the additional provinces in southern Egypt. I don't really want any kingdoms smaller than 6 provinces, 5 at a push.

Zynnw: At some point I will, but not in the immediate future as it's quite a time consuming job.

Herr Doctor: Thanks, maps always help! Galicia-Volhynia is definitely in (and also includes Moldavia), though I'm thinking rather than a big Livonia it could be split, with the southern portion being Prussia?

Btw, does anyone know what the deal with the U000-19 tags is? I've never used them. Are they kingdom tags or duchy tags, and do they work?

Some interesting ideas.

Arko: Occitania is definitely a possible addition. The Savoy/Switzerland region is already covered by Burgundy, so adding any more kingdoms there isn't really neccesary IMO. Brittany is also a possibility, but I'm not keen on titles that can be formed immediately from the scenario start by the AI when they have enough cash.

faboj: Ok I'll take a look

Draztikus/Vaximillian: Navarra won't be recreatable as it's too small. Nubia will, due to the additional provinces in southern Egypt. I don't really want any kingdoms smaller than 6 provinces, 5 at a push.

Zynnw: At some point I will, but not in the immediate future as it's quite a time consuming job.

Herr Doctor: Thanks, maps always help! Galicia-Volhynia is definitely in (and also includes Moldavia), though I'm thinking rather than a big Livonia it could be split, with the southern portion being Prussia?

Btw, does anyone know what the deal with the U000-19 tags is? I've never used them. Are they kingdom tags or duchy tags, and do they work?

The U000 are what you use to create kingdoms- they are kingdom tier only. You can use all of those, so many kingdoms can be created and recreatable. The DVIP hasn't found it necessary to use all of them as yet. Navarra, Brittany, and Aquitainia are all recreateable in the DVIP. I am unsure about Nubia though. In my own version of DVIP I created Switzerland, given its history and origin in the middle ages. (And curiously in my current game, the King of Jerusalem and Thessolonica just created the Switzerland title and located his capital there after losing the Levant! It seems the New Jerusalem is in the Alps! lol, as he lost the Outremer to Egypt!)

To create a kingdom you need to assign a U000 number, be sure that the kindom has a coat of arms (and named the U000 number), and assign a color for the kingdom, then assign provances to that kingdom.

The last is not absolutely necessary. The only reason there are non-recreatable kingdoms is because a province has not been assigned to that particular title. Its just a matter of assigning a provance to the title to make it recreatable. Navarra already has five provances, maybe you could squeeze another few provances for Navarra to make it more worthy of a kingship title? It is a popular country to play.

In many ways, you may be recreating the wheel. Jord already expressed his desire to use your map for the DVIP. Prehaps the two of you could work together to merge the two? If your going to be recreating the same kingdoms that is present there. .

The DVIP and Tass for that matter has the benift of years worth of research for dynasties, courtiers, specific for each start and not available in the vanilla. Once the number of province ids are more or less stable, thats when the transference of courtier ids and placement should occur. Its a daunting task.

Last edited:
Nubia is in DVIP.
As for DVIP on this map -- if I can get some free time I'll first release the DVIP update I have planned, after that I will start looking into porting the mod to this map. Absolutely no guarantees on when I'll have time for it though, I am chronically swamped with work.

Definitely good suggestions, though I'd work on the boundaries some. Minor things for the most part. Memel with Livonia, in particular though, strikes me as rather odd, being that it was a part of the Teutonic Order and was contested with Lithuania, so I'd see it as being a part of Lithuania or, if you add it in, Prussia. That said, not sure if I'd add in Prussia, personally. The Kingdom of Prussia has medieval roots with the Teutonic Knights and all (sorta), sure, but it wasn't founded as a kingdom until the early 18th century, well beyond CK's scope. Also, Pskov, according to Herr Doctor's map, is a one-territory duchy, which I'm not sure if that's desired or not. Mind you, amateur opinion there. That said, again, rather nice suggestions on Herr Doctor's part :)

Do not think that this one is necessary as two small kingdoms here would be too easily exploited.

Also I think Finland should be made part of the Swedish creatable kingdom.

Definitely good suggestions, though I'd work on the boundaries some. Minor things for the most part. Memel with Livonia, in particular though, strikes me as rather odd, being that it was a part of the Teutonic Order and was contested with Lithuania, so I'd see it as being a part of Lithuania or, if you add it in, Prussia. That said, not sure if I'd add in Prussia, personally. The Kingdom of Prussia has medieval roots with the Teutonic Knights and all (sorta), sure, but it wasn't founded as a kingdom until the early 18th century, well beyond CK's scope. Also, Pskov, according to Herr Doctor's map, is a one-territory duchy, which I'm not sure if that's desired or not. Mind you, amateur opinion there. That said, again, rather nice suggestions on Herr Doctor's part :)
Thanks for nice words and comments. Regarding Memel - you are right and on the duchies level it is part of Samogitia (while historically inhabited by the Curonians) as you see. But still I left it as a part of "Livonia" kingdom in order to straighten the path between Prussian and Livonian proper parts of this artificial "kingdom".

As to Pskov, I think its historical important status deserves a one-province duchy title (similar to Luxembourg etc).

Last edited:

Thanks for this, I realized I ignored how weird is Moravia looking here.
It needs to be re-done.
1) Moravia was historically divided into 3 Přemyslid "principalities" or rather duchies - Brno, Olomouc and Znojmo. Later on, Opava was separated and was heading its Silesian fate (since 14th century).
2) Ostrava meant absolutely nothing until 19th century so there is no reason to have it as a úrovince (and furthemore it was never part of Silesia - at least not untill the city expanded to Silesian part of border in the 19th century).
3) Opava should be part of Moravia for most of the CK timeframe

Here's roughly how I would remake Moravia.
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4926/moravia.png
If you mind that Olomouc would be too large, split it into 2 parts - Eastern be Přerov and western be Olomouc (but I think this could be compensated by new province in Znojmo), or move Brno-Olomouc border bit to north-east.

And concerning Opava and its Silesian belonging...
Since Přemyslid re-conquest of Moravia in 1019/1029 it was part of Přemyslid Moravian domains and when the duchy of Opava was founded in 1269, it was excluded from Moravia and its natural Silesian inclination started since then. Still, it could not be considered as Silesian city before 1365 or 1318. It did have many in common with Silesia (German settlers etc, but they were in Bohemia and Moravia aswell), but politicaly it was integral part of Moravia until 1269 and remained more Moravian than Silesian at least until 1318 (or 1365).

The Savoy/Switzerland region is already covered by Burgundy, so adding any more kingdoms there isn't really neccesary IMO. Brittany is also a possibility, but I'm not keen on titles that can be formed immediately from the scenario start by the AI when they have enough cash.

about Burgundy
if Occitania is integrated it will cut off southern burgundy : Provence / Dauphiné
so it is why i suggested to make something with the leftovers of burgundy realm. I also think Burgundy should have to be non recreatable as it disappears during CK period
An option may be to create a new Burgundy realm based on the duchy which at its apogee covers a large area from burgundy to holland
Karte_Haus_Burgund_4_EN.png

about Brittany
to not make it too easily creatable it have to cover enough provinces maybe splitted between continent and english isles / other possibility adding galicicia to make a great celtic culture based kingdom

Venezia
surrounding region istria, zadar, split, corfou, crete...
GenesVenise.jpg

The idea of a pan-Celtic state's simply too fantastical to merit a seperate kingdom, imo. Some kind of united Goidelic speaking realm would be reasonable, though even that would be better represented by Ireland and Scotland's crowns being held by one person. Same with 15th century Burgundy; a gabble of titles and estates held by the Duke.

A formable Freis principality (whether Kingdom or Duchy, the latter's perhaps more reasonable) could be grand.

Last edited:
I'm not going to go overboard with adding kingdoms. Occitania, if I add it, wouldn't include areas currently part of Burgundy. That area of the map is designed so that the borders follow the historical kingdoms of Burgundy, Italy and Germany (especially in the vicinity of Switzerland), so I want to keep them fully intact. Provence and Savoy area will remain part of Burgundy no matter what. Kingdoms that definitely will be included and recreatable are:

Galicia-Volhynia
Bosnia
Lotharingia
Livonia
Nubia

Possibly Navarra, Occitania and Brittany will be added to that list. That will be all. I don't want to go to far into fantasyland.

As for Frisia, I've already added that as a Duchy.

These are the cultures I currently have;

Code:
CULTURE_NONE;Frisian;aucun;Keine;ninguna;Nessuna;;;;;;x
CULTURE_LAPPISH;Sami;Lapon;läppisch;Lapona;Lappone;;;;;;x
CULTURE_NORWEGIAN;Norwegian;Norvégien;norwegisch;Noruega;Norvegese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_SWEDISH;Swedish;Suédois;schwedisch;Sueca;Svedese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_DANISH;Danish;Danois;dänisch;Danesa;Danese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_SCOTTISH;Scottish;Ecossais;schottisch;Escocesa;Scozzese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_SAXON;Anglo-Saxon;Saxon;sächsisch;Sajona;Sassone;;;;;;x
CULTURE_IRISH;Gaelic;Irlandais;irisch;Irlandesa;Irlandese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_WELSH;Welsh;Gallois;walisisch;Galesa;Gallese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_ENGLISH;English;Anglais ;englisch;Inglesa;Inglese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_FINNISH;Finnish;Finnois;finnisch;Finlandesa;Finlandese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_PRUSSIAN;Prussian;Prussien;preußisch;Prusiana;Prussiana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_LETTIGALLISH;Latgallian;Letton Gallois;lettigallisch;Letigala;Gallica-lettone;;;;;;x
CULTURE_LITHUANIAN;Lithuanian;Lituanien;lithauisch;Lituana;Lituana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_GERMAN;German;Allemand ;deutsch;Alemana;Tedesca;;;;;;x
CULTURE_DUTCH;Dutch;Hollandais;holländisch;Holandesa;Olandese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_FRANKISH;French;Franc;fränkisch;Franca;Franca;;;;;;x
CULTURE_NORMAN;Norman;Normand;normannisch;Normanda;Normanna;;;;;;x
CULTURE_BASQUE;Basque;Basque;baskisch;Vasca;Basca;;;;;;x
CULTURE_CASTILLAN;Castillian;Castillan;kastilianisch;Castellana;Castigliana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_CATALAN;Catalan;Catalan;katalanisch;Catalana;Catalana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_ITALIAN;Italian;Italien;italienisch;Italiana;Italiana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_LATIN;Occitan;Occitan;occitanisch;Occitana;Occitan;;;;;;x
CULTURE_HUNGARIAN;Hungarian;Hongrois;ungarisch;Húngara;Ungherese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_WESTERN_SLAVIC;Wendish;Slave occidental;westslawisch;Eslava occid.;Slava occidentale;;;;;;x
CULTURE_SOUTH_SLAVIC;Croatian;Slave du Sud;südslawisch;Eslava merid.;Slava meridionale;;;;;;x
CULTURE_RUSSIAN;Russian;Russe;russisch;Rusa;Russa;;;;;;x
CULTURE_GREEK;Greek;Grec;griechisch;Griega;Greca;;;;;;x
CULTURE_GEORGIAN;Georgian;Géorgien;georgisch;Georgiana;Georgiana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_ARMENIAN;Armenian;Arménien;armenisch;Armenia;Armena;;;;;;x
CULTURE_ABGHAZIAN;Berber;Abkhazie;abchasisch;Abghaziana;Abkhaziana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_ALAN;Alan;Alain;alanisch;Alana;Alana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_CUMAN;Cuman;Couman;kumanisch;Cumana;Cumana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_PECHENEG;Pecheneg;Pecheneg;petschengetisch;Pechenega;di Pecheneg;;;;;;x
CULTURE_TURKISH;Turkish;Turc;türkisch;Turca;Turca;;;;;;x
CULTURE_MUSLIM;Arab;Musulman;arabisch;Árabe;Araba;;;;;;x
CULTURE_PERSIAN;Persian;Perse;persisch;Persa;Persiana;;;;;;x
CULTURE_MONGOL;Mongol;Mongol;mongolisch;Mongola;Mongola;;;;;;x
CULTURE_BYZANTINE;Bulgarian;Byzantin;byzantinisch;Bizantina;Bizantina;;;;;;x
CULTURE_EASTERN_SLAVIC;Serbian;Slave oriental;ostslawisch;Eslava orien.;Slava orientale;;;;;;x
CULTURE_IBERIAN;Lombard;Ibérien;iberisch;Ibérica;Iberica;;;;;;x
CULTURE_CELTIC;Breton;Celtique;keltisch;Celta;Celtica;;;;;;x
CULTURE_UGRIC_BALTIC;Mordvin;Ugrique baltique;baltisch;Ugrobáltica;Ugro-baltica;;;;;;x
CULTURE_NORSE;Norse-Gaelic;Norse;altnordisch;Nórdica;Norrena;;;;;;x
CULTURE_POLISH;Polish;Polonais;polnisch;Polaca;Polacca;;;;;;x
CULTURE_BOHEMIAN;Bohemian;Bohémien;böhmisch;Bohemia;Boema;;;;;;x
CULTURE_PORTUGUESE;Portuguese;Portugais;portugiesisch;Portuguesa;Portoghese;;;;;;x
CULTURE_TEMPLAR;Templar;Templier;Templer;Templaria;Templare;;;;;;x
CULTURE_TEUTONIC;Teutonic;Teutonique;Teutonisch;Teutónica;Teutonica;;;;;;x
CULTURE_HOSPITALER;Hospitaler;Hospitalier;Hospitaliter;Hospitalaria;Ospedaliera;;;;;;x

The Norse cultures could be merged, though I think I'd like to keep Prussian and Lithuanian as separate cultures at least. Frisian, Croatian, Serbian and Bulgarian I've already added, though I don't know about Carinthian. I'd like to add Nubian as well, but there's a shortage of dark culture tags.

Won't it cause some problems/inconsistencies with that "none" culture renamed into "frisian"?

Nope. None is a light tag with a Turkish sprite, and works just fine.
The only issue with it is that troops created by event not based on a province (mercs) or order (templars etc.) will have the culture, but that's merely a display issue.

Nope. None is a light tag with a Turkish sprite, and works just fine.
The only issue with it is that troops created by event not based on a province (mercs) or order (templars etc.) will have the culture, but that's merely a display issue.

Thanks, I'm calm now.