+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mappa Regnorum

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Screenies! Lots of 'em, so anyone with a bad internet connection be warned.

Scandinavia:

(The blue right at the top should be PTI, ignore that)

Central Europe:

Balkans: ()

Eastern Europe:

Baltic:

Russia:

Caucasus:

Anatolia + Levant:

Persia:

North Africa:

Morocco:

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thumbs up

Hey, the county of Zutphen is in !

200k club500k club

Blog Entries
    You're simply awesome

(however I can't boast my city is on the map as well )
    Follow the development of Cifrasia Cataclysm! Mod for Darkest Hour!

I'm a proud bearer of The Fourth Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    and The Grand Service to the Kaiserreich Mod Cookie *

wonderful and very intresting work ;
    i have a little question: this mod will improve also the kingdom an\or dukedoms?
    For example the kingdom of Lowlands, Naples and Sicily (not one), Sardinia (as in WEMM) ecc.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This looks awesome. I haven't played CK for almost two years but will definitely start a new game once this mod comes out.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftypence View Post
    Hasimir Fenring: I considered doing something like that for the Western Europe mod, so it's definitely something I would like to implement. It would be good if the terrain map was actually useful for identifying terrain at a glance!

Good to hear that !

Keep workin'
    Audaces fortuna juvat

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

There appear to be some naming inconsistencies. F.e., in the Balkans, you have Duklja (slavic version of the name - latin would be Diocleia), and Naissus (which is the latin version, while slavic would be Niš). Why the difference?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by faboj View Post
    wonderful and very intresting work ;
    i have a little question: this mod will improve also the kingdom an\or dukedoms?
    For example the kingdom of Lowlands, Naples and Sicily (not one), Sardinia (as in WEMM) ecc.
    Yes, as far as is possible. Sardinia will still be there, and I'd like to add Lotharingia (which includes the low countries) if I can find a free tag. Dukedoms will also get an overhaul at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ZmajOgnjeniVuk View Post
    There appear to be some naming inconsistencies. F.e., in the Balkans, you have Duklja (slavic version of the name - latin would be Diocleia), and Naissus (which is the latin version, while slavic would be Niš). Why the difference?
    I wasn't sure what the best name for the province was during the time period, so I stuck with the vanilla name until I could find out. I think it should either be Nis or Naissos, but I'm not sure which is best.

Everyone else: Cheers

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

I have to say, this looks rather amazing. Amazing enough to bring my out of my lurking and wonder if I ought to postpone my planned AAR even

A brief question though. On the Persia map, there's a province 'Damman'. Ignoring that I think it's supposed to be 'Dammam' apparently, is there a reason your mod includes this province? Having done a rather splendid job of shifting tags around for more counties, I can't help but look at that province and think that it's another tag waiting to be used elsewhere

Anyways, once again, excellent job. Can't wait to see the finished result (hopefully in conjunction with jordarkelf's DVIP!). Keep up the good work!
    List of AARs:
    House Tyrell in Seven Kingdoms: A Game of Thrones MultiplayAAR
    Gesta Capetingorum - Updated upon the twelfth day of September, the year of our Lord and Savior 2014

200k clubDarkest HourDeus VultFor The GloryVictoria: Revolutions

Some comments on Baltics.

Livonia extends too much to the north (the border was more or less correct on the screenshot on the first page) and the Dorpat province a bit too much to the south. All this applies only when you are after reasonably accurate ethnic boundaries for the provinces. Dorpat province should be called Ugandi, at the moment it is the only province there named after a town. The German name is also somewhat anachronistic for 1066.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej I View Post
    I have to say, this looks rather amazing. Amazing enough to bring my out of my lurking and wonder if I ought to postpone my planned AAR even

A brief question though. On the Persia map, there's a province 'Damman'. Ignoring that I think it's supposed to be 'Dammam' apparently, is there a reason your mod includes this province? Having done a rather splendid job of shifting tags around for more counties, I can't help but look at that province and think that it's another tag waiting to be used elsewhere

Anyways, once again, excellent job. Can't wait to see the finished result (hopefully in conjunction with jordarkelf's DVIP!). Keep up the good work!
    It's just a leftover from vanilla, tbh (including the Damman misspelling ). It doesn't seem to have existed in the timeframe, so it will be removed pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    Some comments on Baltics.

Livonia extends too much to the north (the border was more or less correct on the screenshot on the first page) and the Dorpat province a bit too much to the south. All this applies only when you are after reasonably accurate ethnic boundaries for the provinces. Dorpat province should be called Ugandi, at the moment it is the only province there named after a town. The German name is also somewhat anachronistic for 1066.
    Yeah, see what you mean about Livonia. I've split it, adding the province of Sakala in the north. With Dorpat I had the bishopric of Dorpat in mind, but Ugandi is probably the better name for the area overall so I've changed it. What province do you think southern Ugandi should belong to?

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by jordarkelf View Post
    Holy crap this looks good. My only immediate issue with it (from map view -- haven't gotten a chance to try it in-game): where are the Canarias? They don't need to be a province, but should be on the map... even if as part of the Moroccan coast (like the Channel Isles in vanilla).
    I also would like to know if Orkney and Shetland are on the map.

I really want to adapt DVIP to this... looks like I finally have a proper France setup (Reims), Italian setup (Amalfi), etc. but when? Agh!
    I need some weeks off from work, even just making a 1:1 mapping and just assigning new provinces to neighbours would take more time than I can afford
    Fiddy's map is looking great and I wish I could help you transition DVIP to it. Yours and Velds scenarios would play out great on it.

In point of fact, I think Paradox should buy Fiddy's map and both of your scenarios and release them as a Deus Vault II, if not a CK II.

Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad
    True I am to my country

Damsels Not In Distress mode (allows female inheritance in CK I) & Crusader Queens, Cool-toxic's CK Clone
    Jordarkelf's DV Improvement Pack, Looking for a Good Starting County? Gwynedd FTW!
    Christianity, Social Tolerance, and Homosexuality during the middle ages discussion thread.

Africa & MidEast cartographer elvain's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIRome GoldCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

looks great...

just few minor remarks:
    in Bohemia: Boleslav should be called Litomerice (Litoměřice, german Leitmeritz), which was always (at least untill 1950's) much more important than (Mladá) Boleslav.
    and Most is also pretty young (mid 13th century), in 10th-13th century the center of the region was Bílina.

and I also miss Sidjilmasa in Morocco (is it the Atlas province?)

my map of medieval Europe:
    REGIONS OF MEDIEVAL EUROPE

CK inspired game development - Medieval Dynasties

Great work . Though your Holstein looks very weird. The border between Slesvig and Holstein should go along the Eider. For reference look at this excellent map depicting HRE in 900-1137:

http://www.maproom.org/00/46/present.php?m=0037

Here's how it's looking now

I've done the borders, and begun work on the scenario files. I've also altered the border of Holstein and renamed those Bohemian provinces.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I wish I could add something more substantial, but still, this is looking hot!
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Orthodox fuddy-duddy Herr Doctor's Avatar
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions500k club

Looks awesome really!
    I am not a big fun of later national "local names" for medieval map (I prefer English/Latin ones for CK period, for obvious reasons), but in general your work is really brilliant.

btw, there are some small mistakes: "Viasma" should be Vyazma, "Toropetsk" should be Toropets, "Tarsok" should be Torzhok, Nizhniy Novgorod should be Nizhny Novgorod.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; 02-08-2010 at 01:58.

Since I last posted I accidently deleted my scenario files.. It took a while to redo all the work I'd previously done, but the 1066 scenario is now starting to take shape. The main thing now is getting the duchy and kingdom set up in order. I've added Lotharingia, and have a couple of free kingdom and duchy tags haning around so am open to suggestions for any other additions.

Those Russian provinces names have also been corrected.

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftypence View Post
    The main thing now is getting the duchy and kingdom set up in order. I've added Lotharingia, and have a couple of free kingdom and duchy tags haning around so am open to suggestions for any other additions.
    Lotharingia is a good choice as there is no king crown available/creatable in this region.

Also as number of provinces has been increased biggest kingdoms should be divided not to be too much powerful

I would suggest in southern France the creatable kingdom
    of Occitania (link for area covered : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitanie)
    others
    -Piemont-Sardaigne/Savoy
    -Switzerland
    -Brittany (French Britanny + Cornwall)
    membre du Réseau Gamers et Stratégie, tout sur CK2&EU4 en français

Les 3 Tours / The 3 Towers : economy, cathedrals and everything for a real medieval flavour -NEW-
    ARKOpack Armoiries & Interface : a CoA and Interface mod
    La Pléiade : Europa universalis IV (vraiment) en français !
    Member of H.I.P : Historical Immersion Project

Mini MODs is the answer !

try to see my mod of kingdoms, there are some ideas!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast