• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The provinces:
851-853
855-856
858-866
873-874
876-894
903-919
925-952
1000-1003

Are all sea provinces, and their attached dynasties (of Atlantic, of North Sea, etc.) serve no purpose. For the next release, could you please attach these to cultural dynasty names and provinces? Some regions of the map are pretty sparse in dynasty names, while others (Byzantium, France) get tons. Bulgaria, Cumania, Poland, and Bohemia have only a few dynasty names each.

For Bulgaria, I recommend the removal of the duplicate Asen and Assen dynasties. These would be some good options, including some already used:
Code:
Asen
Terter
Shishman
Stratzmir/Stracimir
Smilets/Smilec
Brankov
Boril
Slav
Kaloyan
Kopski
Tsepinski/Cepinski
ot Lovech
Zhdrelski
Velbazhdski
Preslavski
ot Petrich
Pernikski

Here are some Cuman dynasties:
Code:
Olberlu
Urosoba
Kay
Terteroba
Burdjoglu
Itoglu
Karach
Kochoba
Toksoba
Etioba
Andjoglu
Durut
Kulabaoglu
Karabirklu

Here are some Polish noble families:
Code:
Adamczyk
Awdaniec
Borzecki
Banaszak
Brodaty
Buczak
Czajka
Dudzik
Grycki
Grzymalita
Kazimierzow
Kazczyk
Krawczyk
Kulwiec
Majtyka
Malewicz
Marosz
Miazga
Ogitzak
Orlicki
Penc
Petratz
Pieritz
Psotka
Puch
Pyrzyce
Rzegotka
Sochaczew
Stasiak
Stawecki
Turek
Wojno
Wos
Wozniak
Wykowski
Zacharek
Zamojski
Zdeb
Zurawski

Some Bohemian
Code:
Vršov
Chotek
Czernin
z Lichnov
Jesensky
Vchynski
Nostitz
Jaric
Lobkovic

Hope this helps!

Here are some Polish noble families:
Code:
Adamczyk
Awdaniec
Borzecki
Banaszak
Brodaty
Buczak
Czajka
Dudzik
Grycki
Grzymalita
Kazimierzow
Kazczyk
Krawczyk
Kulwiec
Majtyka
Malewicz
Marosz
Miazga
Ogitzak
Orlicki
Penc
Petratz
Pieritz
Psotka
Puch
Pyrzyce
Rzegotka
Sochaczew
Stasiak
Stawecki
Turek
Wojno
Wos
Wozniak
Wykowski
Zacharek
Zamojski
Zdeb
Zurawski
I don't know, where did you find those noble names, but I can find ONLY TWO names undoubtfully existing before XIV century, rest of them could - but I can't find if they have - occured between XIV and XV century.

Believe me, original names don't need to be changed. Especially that those two I mentioned before already are in the game (Awdaniec, Grzymalita/Grzymala). Pyrzyce, Sochaczew and Turek are also names of villages, that's why I have doubts about them.

And BTW - not "Zamojski", but "Zamoyski", if we speak about the noble family from Zamość. It's an old polish spelling - only they can use that form, making the difference with other families in Poland named "Zamojski". But Zamoyski family wasn't known until XVI c. You can even find it on Wikipedia (Zamoyski family).

Last edited:
Thank you :)

About those surnames, I put my sugestion in previous post - there's no need for changes in original list.

If there's a wish, there can be put some more noble names like "z Czarnkowa" -> there are no names such as: "z Krakowa", "z Sieradza", "z Rogozna", "z Raciborza"... Those forms were in common use in middle ages in Poland, and there are some (better known from historical persons, chronicle writers, etc.) already in CK.

Second form of noble names are taken from polish heraldry*. Most of them can already find in original list of dynasties: Awdaniec, Topor, Lodzia, Traba, Leliwa, Grzymala, Gozdawa, etc. There are almost all those names that can be found in the game, except previous and next cathegory.

The third are names taken from the first name of the ancestor, like Dlugosz (from the variation of "Długosław"), Gniewosz (similar, propably from "Gniewomir"), and maybe Wlostowic (from "Włast/Włost"? - but Piotr Włostowic, first so-called, is actually the ancestor of Łabędź/Dunin family).

Because those noble names known before XIV/XV century are already placed in dynasties.txt, there's no need looking for new ones. But if you need so, there are no such families like: mentioned Dunin/Labedz (named so, with CoA, in XIV century), Wieniawa (variation of CoA "Pomian", which is already placed in game), Kosciesza/Strzegomia (XIV c.), Korwin (first mentions in Mazovia in XIII c.) Korczak (late XIV c., from Louis I), Pobog (first mentioned in middle XIV century) maybe Cholewa (first mentions in early XV c.), Kos (middle XIII c. in teutonic Prussia, after the 13-years War in Poland) or Jelita (Zamoyski family was part of their clan*).

BTW, before someone ask about it - when I use slash to split two names of the same family.

* Some more information in here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_heraldry

Last edited:
Fatal Error
*** Unhandled Exception Detected !
Address: 0x00473E0D

I´m playing as Two Sicily Reign in 1256, and the error make CTD in September 1256.

May anybody help me.
I've got the same problem. Only started when I installed the latest version of Mappa Regnorum.

Hey, in case the author still reads this: the map looks absolutely fantastic.

Also, just a small thing, but you may want to rename the province of Korsun. While it was an important stronghold around the time of the game`s start, it was pretty much completely destroyed by the mongols and then rebuilt only in the 16th century. Also, it was not situated on the Dnipro river, and since in your map the province is stretched out, presumably to folllow the river, a more appropriate name for the province would be Kaniv, which is first mentioned between 1076 and 1088. However, since Yaroslav the Wise began building a defensive line of fortresses against the Cumans in 1032, it`s possible Kanev was founded prior to the game`s start, and it certainly played a much bigger role in the history of Ukraine then Korsun.

now i`m off to find where I can buy DV, since I only have vanilla....

Hey, in case the author still reads this: the map looks absolutely fantastic.

Also, just a small thing, but you may want to rename the province of Korsun. While it was an important stronghold around the time of the game`s start, it was pretty much completely destroyed by the mongols and then rebuilt only in the 16th century. Also, it was not situated on the Dnipro river, and since in your map the province is stretched out, presumably to folllow the river, a more appropriate name for the province would be Kaniv, which is first mentioned between 1076 and 1088. However, since Yaroslav the Wise began building a defensive line of fortresses against the Cumans in 1032, it`s possible Kanev was founded prior to the game`s start, and it certainly played a much bigger role in the history of Ukraine then Korsun.

now i`m off to find where I can buy DV, since I only have vanilla....

try gamersgate :)

Mappa Regnorum 1.8

version is now available. Due to the impending release of CK2, this will likely be the last release. Features updated dynasties, including the info provided by Ataulf and others, a few province alterations in Central Asia and North Africa, tweaked kingdom and duchy set ups in various areas of the map, some scenario errors corrected and some provinces renamed for greater historical accuracy.

Also get the edited DVIP events here (optional)

To install, download the mod file from the link provided. Right click on the file, select 'extract files', and select Crusader Kings from the menu (it will probably be in C/Program Files/Paradox Entertainment/Interactive), and press okay, and the mod will automatically be extracted and installed. A fresh installation of the game is recommended, though it should install on top of a previous version of the mod with no problems. Once done, do the same for the DVIP files if you want them.

Hey, would it be a problem to ask for a new blank map for it? The one I found here (seems to be the only) doesn't have couple of provinces in current (1.7) game, i.e. Austria - no Pitten.

Little pitty that will be the last version, I thought I would get hurry with some proposition of changes, but if that so... :)

not sure why this is happing, but when I try to use the ledger some times it makes the game crash? I am using your mod with DVIP... but i tried DVIP with out your mod and it didn't seem to do it.. but it was doing it when i tried to go to page three so i skip that and went backwards to the page i neeed but now it's doing it when i go back from page six.. wired as it worked once when i was doing this.. So i am not sure if tis was reported before or is even a bug to do with anything.. o also here this is whats getting save in the game folder...

Code:
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x00446D46: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000360 
01/05/12 01:06:47
SymGetLineFromAddr(): GetLastError = 126

######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x00446D46: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000360 
01/05/12 01:18:20

01/05/12 03:18:21

01/05/12 03:20:57

not sure if that helps or has anything to do with anything..

Both mods are standalones and can't be used together without modification. Fiftypence has kindly provided the DVIP events so to play this mod with DVIP events, just follow post #351.

Both mods are standalones and can't be used together without modification. Fiftypence has kindly provided the DVIP events so to play this mod with DVIP events, just follow post #351.

O I thought that with that DVIP event packed you could use both together.. oops.. Ok i try it only and see.

Thanks thought for the heads.. up... so i guess this mod dosen't just change map infomation but also adds stuff.

what about the DVIP mini mod addon's? like some female inheritances and others.. that DVIP adds..

Also O well really.. That just means I'll just play both mods? which I did anyways I have three seperate files for Cursaders.. Orginal, DVIP and MP..

Last edited:
The map is great as always, although (this might be an idea for any future CK 2 version) in the HRE there might be a Hessen/Hesse province too (maybe instead of another province). Screenshots of the apparently finished vanilla CK 2 map and my mixed feelings about the province set up and borders of that CK 2 map (just see some of my posts on the CK 2 forum); for instance I like how France and Poland are done, but OTOH the HRE and Hungary could have been done better. Anyway that made me think about possible changes to that map, especially the HRE region for a mod; and Mappa Regnorum is brilliant, but personally I would like Hessen/Hesse to be added too (as said before, maybe instead of another province).

Last edited:
Wasnt the county of Hessen founded in 1247 ?
So maybe thats in CK2, as there are different starting dates til 13 something, along with different maps, counties, duchies and kingdoms.
Probably no need for a mod. :cool:

How about asking in the CK2 forum.

On a map i found ixquicking the internet, its part of franconia at the starting date 1066.
Though the map was a broader timeframe.

Ok I love this mod as i love the map improvements.. but is there away to get some things like the female inheritance and maybe some other mini mod addon's that DVIP has? Just asking as I like being able to Marry into a family with only females and my childen being the successors which helps expand your dyanisty and power..