• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow! I just discovered this and I must say it's really amazing to see such a detailed map on Crusader Kings, great work! And I would like to repeat what I've seen others say in this thread, a DVIP compatible version of this map would be an excellent idea :D

I love the new map, but have a question: In the 1066 scenario, Dorset and Shrewsbury begin with no shield, just an empty frame. Some provinces in central Europe show up the same way. They don't appear to be owned by anyone - I can't perform any kind of diplomacy with them. Is this intended? I don't recall ever seeing this before, but it's been a long time since I've played. Thanks.

I love the new map, but have a question: In the 1066 scenario, Dorset and Shrewsbury begin with no shield, just an empty frame. Some provinces in central Europe show up the same way. They don't appear to be owned by anyone - I can't perform any kind of diplomacy with them. Is this intended? I don't recall ever seeing this before, but it's been a long time since I've played. Thanks.

The best thing to do would be to reinstall the mod from scratch over a clean installation of CKDV. If you already had other mods installed then that might be the problem, if not then I don't know, but it's definitely not intended.

One more question: Is it possible to use the new map but with the old textures? I like having more provinces, but I prefer the old map textures. Any way to have both? Thanks.

Not unless you edit the map to add textures.
Or unless Fiftypence does.

Your map looks great (as usual :)), although there's one small nitpick (which actually also was the case in older maps) the small part of Zeeland on the mainland (it would correspond with the (later in the era) marquisate of Bergen op Zoom) actually is a part of Brabant (and still is (a part of North Brabant)), historically it belonged to Breda. Or to be more specific it was split from the old lordship of Breda, so that both rival claimants could have a part of the inheritance.
Furthermore the port of Bergen op Zoom was an outpost of the port of Antwerpen (Antwerp in English).

When I mobilised the regiment in the southern province of Cyprus (sorry, can't remember the name right now) it was nowhere to be found.
I finally located it using the ledger, it was in the middle of Egypt.
Now, I don't have a clean install, so it might have something to do with that but I thought I'll mention it anyway.
screen4tr.jpg

Your map looks great (as usual :)), although there's one small nitpick (which actually also was the case in older maps) the small part of Zeeland on the mainland (it would correspond with the (later in the era) marquisate of Bergen op Zoom) actually is a part of Brabant (and still is (a part of North Brabant)), historically it belonged to Breda. Or to be more specific it was split from the old lordship of Breda, so that both rival claimants could have a part of the inheritance.
Furthermore the port of Bergen op Zoom was an outpost of the port of Antwerpen (Antwerp in English).
Okay, I've split that little bit of land between Breda and Antwerpen.

When I mobilised the regiment in the southern province of Cyprus (sorry, can't remember the name right now) it was nowhere to be found.
I finally located it using the ledger, it was in the middle of Egypt.
Now, I don't have a clean install, so it might have something to do with that but I thought I'll mention it anyway.
screen4tr.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out, these kinds of co-ordinate errors can be some of the most difficult to spot.

AN updated province.csv can be downloaded here, it goes in the db folder of your main Mappa Regnorum folder, replacing the original province.csv.

Couple of other oddities.

There are some of places in the Mediterranean where building is going on in the sea.
screen6k.jpg

I've also seen it happen in the Ionian sea but I don't have a screenshot of that.

The eastern province of Crete doesn't display the building icon.
screen5d.jpg

Troops walking in the sea.
screen7jo.jpg

Are there any known bugs with using this map while also using DVIP?

I just did exactly that and didnt see any problems until now.
If something happens, i guess i will post it here.

Greetz

The only thing I noticed were events tied to certain provinces; for instance I once had the Templars spawning in Bohemia (Moravia). As it turned out one of the extra provinces used there, used to be a province in the 'kingdom of Jerusalem'-area, so you might take a look at these events and edit them.

I've been doing quite a lot of work on the mod, so 1.4 will be a much bigger change than before.

mr14b.png

Some English province borders have been revised, and one province removed in Yorkshire

mr14c.png

The Levant has been altered somewhat, and provinces should now be easier to click (they're still small, but it's better). Cyprus has also been reduced to 3 provinces, as it doesn't really need 4.

mr14a.png

The biggest change is to Ukraine/Southern Russia, which has in places been entirely redesigned, as well as having a few new provinces added.