• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Screenies! Lots of 'em, so anyone with a bad internet connection be warned.

Scandinavia:
mappa1.png

(The blue right at the top should be PTI, ignore that)

Central Europe:
mappa2.png

Balkans: :)o)
mappa3.png

Eastern Europe:
mappa4.png

Baltic:
mappa10.png

Russia:
mappa5.png

Caucasus:
mappa6.png

Anatolia + Levant:
mappa7.png

Persia:
mappa8.png

North Africa:
mappa9.png

Morocco:
mappa11.png

You're simply awesome :eek:

(however I can't boast my city is on the map as well ;))

There appear to be some naming inconsistencies. F.e., in the Balkans, you have Duklja (slavic version of the name - latin would be Diocleia), and Naissus (which is the latin version, while slavic would be Niš). Why the difference?

wonderful and very intresting work ;
i have a little question: this mod will improve also the kingdom an\or dukedoms?
For example the kingdom of Lowlands, Naples and Sicily (not one), Sardinia (as in WEMM) ecc.

Yes, as far as is possible. Sardinia will still be there, and I'd like to add Lotharingia (which includes the low countries) if I can find a free tag. Dukedoms will also get an overhaul at some point.

There appear to be some naming inconsistencies. F.e., in the Balkans, you have Duklja (slavic version of the name - latin would be Diocleia), and Naissus (which is the latin version, while slavic would be Niš). Why the difference?

I wasn't sure what the best name for the province was during the time period, so I stuck with the vanilla name until I could find out. I think it should either be Nis or Naissos, but I'm not sure which is best.

Everyone else: Cheers :)

I have to say, this looks rather amazing. Amazing enough to bring my out of my lurking and wonder if I ought to postpone my planned AAR even :D

A brief question though. On the Persia map, there's a province 'Damman'. Ignoring that I think it's supposed to be 'Dammam' apparently, is there a reason your mod includes this province? Having done a rather splendid job of shifting tags around for more counties, I can't help but look at that province and think that it's another tag waiting to be used elsewhere :p

Anyways, once again, excellent job. Can't wait to see the finished result (hopefully in conjunction with jordarkelf's DVIP!). Keep up the good work!

Some comments on Baltics.

Livonia extends too much to the north (the border was more or less correct on the screenshot on the first page) and the Dorpat province a bit too much to the south. All this applies only when you are after reasonably accurate ethnic boundaries for the provinces. Dorpat province should be called Ugandi, at the moment it is the only province there named after a town. The German name is also somewhat anachronistic for 1066.

I have to say, this looks rather amazing. Amazing enough to bring my out of my lurking and wonder if I ought to postpone my planned AAR even :D

A brief question though. On the Persia map, there's a province 'Damman'. Ignoring that I think it's supposed to be 'Dammam' apparently, is there a reason your mod includes this province? Having done a rather splendid job of shifting tags around for more counties, I can't help but look at that province and think that it's another tag waiting to be used elsewhere :p

Anyways, once again, excellent job. Can't wait to see the finished result (hopefully in conjunction with jordarkelf's DVIP!). Keep up the good work!

It's just a leftover from vanilla, tbh (including the Damman misspelling ;) ). It doesn't seem to have existed in the timeframe, so it will be removed pretty soon.

Some comments on Baltics.

Livonia extends too much to the north (the border was more or less correct on the screenshot on the first page) and the Dorpat province a bit too much to the south. All this applies only when you are after reasonably accurate ethnic boundaries for the provinces. Dorpat province should be called Ugandi, at the moment it is the only province there named after a town. The German name is also somewhat anachronistic for 1066.

Yeah, see what you mean about Livonia. I've split it, adding the province of Sakala in the north. With Dorpat I had the bishopric of Dorpat in mind, but Ugandi is probably the better name for the area overall so I've changed it. What province do you think southern Ugandi should belong to?

Holy crap this looks good. My only immediate issue with it (from map view -- haven't gotten a chance to try it in-game): where are the Canarias? They don't need to be a province, but should be on the map... even if as part of the Moroccan coast (like the Channel Isles in vanilla).
I also would like to know if Orkney and Shetland are on the map.

I really want to adapt DVIP to this... looks like I finally have a proper France setup (Reims), Italian setup (Amalfi), etc. but when? Agh!
I need some weeks off from work, even just making a 1:1 mapping and just assigning new provinces to neighbours would take more time than I can afford :(

Fiddy's map is looking great and I wish I could help you transition DVIP to it. Yours and Velds scenarios would play out great on it.

In point of fact, I think Paradox should buy Fiddy's map and both of your scenarios and release them as a Deus Vault II, if not a CK II.

looks great...

just few minor remarks:
in Bohemia: Boleslav should be called Litomerice (Litoměřice, german Leitmeritz), which was always (at least untill 1950's) much more important than (Mladá) Boleslav.
and Most is also pretty young (mid 13th century), in 10th-13th century the center of the region was Bílina.

and I also miss Sidjilmasa in Morocco (is it the Atlas province?)

Here's how it's looking now

2qsscyc.png

I've done the borders, and begun work on the scenario files. I've also altered the border of Holstein and renamed those Bohemian provinces.

I wish I could add something more substantial, but still, this is looking hot!

Looks awesome really!
I am not a big fun of later national "local names" for medieval map (I prefer English/Latin ones for CK period, for obvious reasons), but in general your work is really brilliant.

btw, there are some small mistakes: "Viasma" should be Vyazma, "Toropetsk" should be Toropets, "Tarsok" should be Torzhok, Nizhniy Novgorod should be Nizhny Novgorod.

Last edited:
Since I last posted I accidently deleted my scenario files..:eek:o It took a while to redo all the work I'd previously done, but the 1066 scenario is now starting to take shape. The main thing now is getting the duchy and kingdom set up in order. I've added Lotharingia, and have a couple of free kingdom and duchy tags haning around so am open to suggestions for any other additions.

Those Russian provinces names have also been corrected. :)

The main thing now is getting the duchy and kingdom set up in order. I've added Lotharingia, and have a couple of free kingdom and duchy tags haning around so am open to suggestions for any other additions.

Lotharingia is a good choice as there is no king crown available/creatable in this region.

Also as number of provinces has been increased biggest kingdoms should be divided not to be too much powerful

I would suggest in southern France the creatable kingdom
of Occitania (link for area covered : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitanie)
others
-Piemont-Sardaigne/Savoy
-Switzerland
-Brittany (French Britanny + Cornwall)