• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fiftypence

Debased coinage
35 Badges
Aug 19, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
Link to post with Mappa Regnorum 1.8 (latest version) and additional DVIP events
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/mappa-regnorum.487372/page-20#post-16423236

For a while now I've been working on a completely new map for CK, based on my Western Europe map. I did want to call it 'Mappa Mundi', but seeing as that's a bit too close to a rather famous EU3 mod I went instead with Mappa Regnorum, which roughly translates as 'Map/Chart of the Realms' in medieval Latin. So far I've done the colorscales and the province id map, so it works although nothing is set up properly yet. There's still the borders, shield/army/terrain co-ordinates and scenario set up still to do, so there's still a long way till it's in a fit state to be released.

Here's how it's looking at the moment:

mr2.png

mapreg.png

More screenshots will follow. Nothing is set in stone province-wise, so suggestions for changes are welcome. There are no rivers and I've combined all the lakes into a single province (+ defined it as a river so as to make it unaccessible to armies), so there are a number of free province ids, so that's something to bear in mind.

Last edited:
That's impressive. Don't know how can I aid you but... I can at least wish you good luck ;)

Very nice map.

Holy crap this looks good. My only immediate issue with it (from map view -- haven't gotten a chance to try it in-game): where are the Canarias? They don't need to be a province, but should be on the map... even if as part of the Moroccan coast (like the Channel Isles in vanilla).
I also would like to know if Orkney and Shetland are on the map.

I really want to adapt DVIP to this... looks like I finally have a proper France setup (Reims), Italian setup (Amalfi), etc. but when? Agh!
I need some weeks off from work, even just making a 1:1 mapping and just assigning new provinces to neighbours would take more time than I can afford :(

Thanks for the interest! Jord: The Canaries are on the map, just south of where the screenshot cuts off, and it's still a province. Shetlands, Orkney and Faroes are on the map as well, but Iceland is not.

Here's Eastern Europe

mr3.png

Looks very nice, thanks.

As I understand, WEMM is from this moment integrated in MR?

Looks very nice, thanks.

As I understand, WEMM is from this moment integrated in MR?

For now they are separate mods, as WEMM has additional provinces in Western Europe which have been redistributed throughout the rest of the map in MR.

Good stuff, this. Well done.

Is that Meissen and Lausitz as a single province?

No, Meissen is a province and Lausitz is divided into Oberlausitz and Niederlausitz.

For now they are separate mods, as WEMM has additional provinces in Western Europe which have been redistributed throughout the rest of the map in MR.

Aha, thank you.
I think these are provinces in GB and Italy that were redistributed?

Aha, thank you.
I think these are provinces in GB and Italy that were redistributed?

One from England, one from Ireland, one from Italy and a couple from France, although I still have 16 free province ids left over, so I might still reinstate some of them.

So, I looked a bit for a better setup. Think this could feat. Some changes are quite important (for example, Livonia: 'coz with the present setup it would be not possible to represent the Ugric Livs tribe lands, or better representation for the Russian princedoms).

ADMIN EDIT:Image removed as it was hacked on the hosting site and replaced with an Ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh this looks soooo good, great work FP, really really great work!

Great work !

Maybe your future mod will be the occasion to change the terrain map ?

I always dislike the current one because it's hard to see where begin plains and where begin mountains :(

Will it be possible to make the relief more visible like in EU 2 ?

BTW, this choice will speed up your mod development :)

HF

This looks great, Fiftypence, I am particularly amazed that you are the first map modder for a Paradox game to properly divide Corsica. This will allow for a correct setup for scenarios starting between 1133 and 1284 when the island was divided between Pisa and Genoa.

Herr Doctor: Thanks, I've implemented your changes and it definitely looks better. I admit Russia is probably the weakest part of the set up, so any improvements there are useful.

Hasimir Fenring: I considered doing something like that for the Western Europe mod, so it's definitely something I would like to implement. It would be good if the terrain map was actually useful for identifying terrain at a glance! ;)

Third Angel: Yeah, that's the main reason I split Corsica.

Woody Man & ZmajOgnjeniVuk: Cheers

Update: I've mostly done the shield, army and terrain placement, which only took me about 8 hours or so. Now would be a good time to implement changes, before I start on the borders. I'll post some more detailed screenshots shortly.