• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the "muslim+pagan mod" thread are family inheritance as well as a marriage (marry anybody, like in CK1 vanilla) patch.

Wasnt the county of Hessen founded in 1247 ?
So maybe thats in CK2, as there are different starting dates til 13 something, along with different maps, counties, duchies and kingdoms.
Probably no need for a mod. :cool:

How about asking in the CK2 forum.

On a map i found ixquicking the internet, its part of franconia at the starting date 1066.
Though the map was a broader timeframe.

Just like in CK 1, there still only is one map in CK 2. This leaves the issue, that map can't be perfect for both 1066 and 1337. That's also why I personally prefer provinces in the Holy Roman Empire to be based upon the Hohenstaufen era and not the situation during the Salian dynasty.

I also frequently visit the CK 2 forum. Regarding the vanilla CK 2 map, the province set up and borders in certain areas were changed, like France and Poland, whereas in other regions, like the Holy Roman Empire, the situation is still similar as in CK 1.
If people want to change this, which is possible, they will have to mod it; so (if so) a mod probably will be needed.:cool:

Besides I wasn't asking, I was merely making a suggestion. Hessen and Thuringia already had a link in the early 12th century.

The counties are the same, but they have new names ( you can change names yourself anyways, also for counties).
Starting a game in lets say 1280 has another setup than 1066, well duchies and kingdoms speaking at last.

Wouldnt Hessen be two counties anyways ? So you just rename your county or duchy and voila, here you go !

Ok, maybe i misunderstoood something here, just my 2 cents. ;)

The counties are the same, but they have new names ( you can change names yourself anyways, also for counties).
Starting a game in lets say 1280 has another setup than 1066, well duchies and kingdoms speaking at last.

Wouldnt Hessen be two counties anyways ? So you just rename your county or duchy and voila, here you go !

Ok, maybe i misunderstoood something here, just my 2 cents. ;)

That isn't exactly my point...Besides my preference to base the province set up in the HRE on the situation during the Hohenstaufen era, doesn't only apply to Hessen, but it also IMHO makes for a better map for regions like Austria (including Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Tyrol etc.) and the Low Countries. It also has to do with provinces and province borders, hence I prefer the Mappa Regnorum over the vanilla CK 1 map. Just compare the provinces and province borders in the Holy Roman Empire on the vanilla CK 1 map and on the Mappa Regnorum map.
Hopefully one day there will be a Mappa Regnorum Map mod (or something similar) for CK 2 too.
The counties or provinces aren't exactly the same in terms of borders; but also in terms of which provinces are included and which are not, again just compare the vanilla CK 1 map with the Mappa Regnorum map.

On the Mappa Regnorum map for CK 1, Hessen would (at least) be the Northern part of the Frankfurt province; at a late start the landgraviate of Hessen should be present in the HRE. (The following were at least a part of Hessen of Maden/Gudensberg, Marburg, Kassel, Bilstein...) In CK 1 the duchy of Thuringia is made up by Thuringen and Weimar

Another point are the provinces in the duchy of Luxembourg, currently in Mappa Regnorum these are Luxembourg (proper) and Ardennes. IRL the duchy of Luxembourg was created from the following the counties of Luxemburg, Durbuy, Laroche, the marquisate of Arlon, some smaller lordships and territories (Thionville, Bitburg, Marville), the county of Vianden was a vassal and later the county of Chiny was also added.
So maybe instead of a Ardennes province in the North, there should be a Chiny province in the west.

Last edited:
agreed :)

MappaRegnorum is beautiful/properly done. So i'll be looking forward to a mod as well.

Not that it matters much with CK2 coming out soon, but does anyone know why the Count of Amiens and Valois would always succeeded by the Count of Vermandois' eldest son? I've seen the Count have a son or two, but he still loses the titles to the de Vermandois family upon his death.

Anyways, I hope to see a Mappa Regnorum mod for CK2! You did a simply amazing job with this mod. It really made CK1 playable despite its many years :)

Not that it matters much with CK2 coming out soon, but does anyone know why the Count of Amiens and Valois would always succeeded by the Count of Vermandois' eldest son? I've seen the Count have a son or two, but he still loses the titles to the de Vermandois family upon his death.

Anyways, I hope to see a Mappa Regnorum mod for CK2! You did a simply amazing job with this mod. It really made CK1 playable despite its many years :)
I second this motion.

CK2 doesn't run on my computer, so there won't be a MR2 until I get a new computer or they release a patch that lowers the graphic card requirement.

CK2 doesn't run on my computer, so there won't be a MR2 until I get a new computer or they release a patch that lowers the graphic card requirement.
Here is a trick, in settings.txt (either in your main directory or at my documents) of the mapRenderingOptions you should change the draw_x things from =yes to =no. I suggest you remove:
draw_terrain
draw_water
draw_trees
draw_postfx
draw_sky
draw_bloom
draw_hires_terrain

Here is a trick, in settings.txt (either in your main directory or at my documents) of the mapRenderingOptions you should change the draw_x things from =yes to =no. I suggest you remove:
draw_terrain
draw_water
draw_trees
draw_postfx
draw_sky
draw_bloom
draw_hires_terrain
Didn't work, unfortunately, but thanks anyway. :sad:

I found out there is a free province ID tag, so any requests for a new province that could be added? If anyone still plays this, of course...

I'm getting a new graphics card sometime in the next week, so hopefully I will actually be able to play CK2 finally, and maybe begin work of MR2.

I'm getting a new graphics card sometime in the next week, so hopefully I will actually be able to play CK2 finally, and maybe begin work of MR2.

Greatly, greatly looking forward to it!

I found out there is a free province ID tag, so any requests for a new province that could be added? If anyone still plays this, of course...

I'm currently playing a Republic of Venice game and having great fun with it too.

DVIP-MapReg_edited_events-1-.zip

Please report if link is unavailable, unless the OP has a working link again.

edit: see post #386

Last edited:
*deleted*

Last edited:
Not knowing if the OP will post a new link, i just created one (lasts for a year)

edit :

see post #386

Last edited: