• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have to say, this is really a great mod, the best for CK:DV in my opinion :)

But I have three major issues.

Firstly, as I often play as one of the Russian principalities, I think you should change a bunch of the Ukrainian provinces. Their names and locations go against local history and geography. Particularly Desht-i-Kipchak; nobody but Persians would have called it that in the game's time period. So I have included a map of Ukraine as I think you should do it. I used Tatar/Kipchak names where applicable (ex. Azak, Bayraq, Duna, Sary-Sin, Kuchurhan), Slavic names (ex. Ulich, Belaya Vezha, 'Ltava), and a few names of Greek or unknown progeny (Alta, Olbia, Asperon).

In addition, the chieftain of Duna should be a vassal of the count of Tmutarakan in the 1066 scenario, to reflect the political circumstance of that time.

14iziat.jpg

Green are provinces slightly redrawn or edited, White are the new provinces, Blue are unnaffected, and the names are provided where different from the original.

Secondly, and I notice this happens a lot, the kingdoms completely disintegrate and fragment or otherwise 'mess up' by the late 1100s. Like Aquitaine or Burgundy or Ireland have vassals all over the place. I'm not sure whether this is your mod or the game in general though.

Thirdly, the Mongols arrive in the wrong place. I've seen them arrive out of nowhere into Ingeri, the province north of Novgorod, which was pretty funny admittably but not exactly realistic :wacko:
Gives a whole new meaning to the 'Gokturks' (sky-turks) I guess xD

Beyond those three issues, though, it's a great mod. Thanks a ton for making it!

EDIT: I think you'll need an extra province though, if you decide to change it- you can integrate Perekop into Azak :)

EDIT2: You can call Duna either Duna or Tanais, the first is just the Tatar form while the second is the Russian/Greek form.

EDIT3: Belaya Vezha, Ltava, Ulich, and Alta should be Russian Orthodox, while Duna and Asperon should be greek orthodox. All ruled by Pechenegs/Cumans though.

Last edited:
Spain may need some fixing, I don't really like those borders. I made a map of Spanish provinces some time ago. In the Christian area (Toledo and Alacant upwards) is very accurate:

mapackprovspain.jpg

I hope it helps. Take care!

I've been playing your mod for a while now and have noticed some odd places where it will not display things correctly. I don't know if it might just be me or what though, but for what it's worth I figured I'd tell you.

1- fleets moving through the Aegean. When fleets are in the Aegean Sea they are displayed as if in the Arabian Desert, with a ridiculous long travel line sweeping down there and then back up to the next spot. I believe fleets in the Cyclades space are displayed as in the Aegean instead of Cyclades.

2- it was a while ago that I saw this one but a similar problem in Irbid I think, where any army in Irbid is displayed in the Arabian Desert.

I think there was another one somewhere but I can't quite recall.

And thanks for the great mod! :) The map is awesome. My only qualm is that some of the territories are too small. Irbid and a few others for example, it can be quite hard to click on the province if there is a shield covering it or an army mobilized there or something.

Excuse me, Does this mod supports any graphic mods that fixes shields? I realy love your map and if I coud convine that with an historical shields mod that would be awsome.
That and I aso wonder if this mod tolerate BOPACK mod.... I hope it suppourt the three of them.
Sorry to bother and tks in advance.

Will DVIP adapts this map?

following this

Mappa Regnorum 1.3 is now available for download.

The issues mentioned have been fixed, including correct shield for Znojmo, Mongols appearing in the proper provinces, a few COA/Army co-ordinates etc. Also includes a new minimap

same :(

edit: btw I think the Jerusalem event was broken, one where a count who own Jerulasem gets the crown (if it doesn't yet exist) its in the wrong place (in Iberia) and wrong Kingdom (Bosnia) in v 1.2

Strange, since I don't experience any trouble downloading. Thanks for mentioning that event.