+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Mappa Regnorum

General Grumpalodian Aardvark Bellay's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight

In the "muslim+pagan mod" thread are family inheritance as well as a marriage (marry anybody, like in CK1 vanilla) patch.
    [Micromod] - Old Building Names (Pre-1.10-building-names for CK2)

CK2 Mods: User Mod Index (Don't forget to post about your mod compatibility)
    Deutsch CK2: German CK2 Sub-Forum (go there for the german translation 'repair' mod)

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark Bellay View Post
    Wasnt the county of Hessen founded in 1247 ?
    So maybe thats in CK2, as there are different starting dates til 13 something, along with different maps, counties, duchies and kingdoms.
    Probably no need for a mod.

How about asking in the CK2 forum.

On a map i found ixquicking the internet, its part of franconia at the starting date 1066.
    Though the map was a broader timeframe.
    Just like in CK 1, there still only is one map in CK 2. This leaves the issue, that map can't be perfect for both 1066 and 1337. That's also why I personally prefer provinces in the Holy Roman Empire to be based upon the Hohenstaufen era and not the situation during the Salian dynasty.

I also frequently visit the CK 2 forum. Regarding the vanilla CK 2 map, the province set up and borders in certain areas were changed, like France and Poland, whereas in other regions, like the Holy Roman Empire, the situation is still similar as in CK 1.
    If people want to change this, which is possible, they will have to mod it; so (if so) a mod probably will be needed.

Besides I wasn't asking, I was merely making a suggestion. Hessen and Thuringia already had a link in the early 12th century.

The counties are the same, but they have new names ( you can change names yourself anyways, also for counties).
    Starting a game in lets say 1280 has another setup than 1066, well duchies and kingdoms speaking at last.

Wouldnt Hessen be two counties anyways ? So you just rename your county or duchy and voila, here you go !

Ok, maybe i misunderstoood something here, just my 2 cents.

Deutsch CK2: German CK2 Sub-Forum (go there for the german translation 'repair' mod)

Imperial Vicar of the HRE Ruwaard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark Bellay View Post
    The counties are the same, but they have new names ( you can change names yourself anyways, also for counties).
    Starting a game in lets say 1280 has another setup than 1066, well duchies and kingdoms speaking at last.

Wouldnt Hessen be two counties anyways ? So you just rename your county or duchy and voila, here you go !

Ok, maybe i misunderstoood something here, just my 2 cents.
    That isn't exactly my point...Besides my preference to base the province set up in the HRE on the situation during the Hohenstaufen era, doesn't only apply to Hessen, but it also IMHO makes for a better map for regions like Austria (including Styria, Carinthia, Carniola, Tyrol etc.) and the Low Countries. It also has to do with provinces and province borders, hence I prefer the Mappa Regnorum over the vanilla CK 1 map. Just compare the provinces and province borders in the Holy Roman Empire on the vanilla CK 1 map and on the Mappa Regnorum map.
    Hopefully one day there will be a Mappa Regnorum Map mod (or something similar) for CK 2 too.
    The counties or provinces aren't exactly the same in terms of borders; but also in terms of which provinces are included and which are not, again just compare the vanilla CK 1 map with the Mappa Regnorum map.

On the Mappa Regnorum map for CK 1, Hessen would (at least) be the Northern part of the Frankfurt province; at a late start the landgraviate of Hessen should be present in the HRE. (The following were at least a part of Hessen of Maden/Gudensberg, Marburg, Kassel, Bilstein...) In CK 1 the duchy of Thuringia is made up by Thuringen and Weimar

Another point are the provinces in the duchy of Luxembourg, currently in Mappa Regnorum these are Luxembourg (proper) and Ardennes. IRL the duchy of Luxembourg was created from the following the counties of Luxemburg, Durbuy, Laroche, the marquisate of Arlon, some smaller lordships and territories (Thionville, Bitburg, Marville), the county of Vianden was a vassal and later the county of Chiny was also added.
    So maybe instead of a Ardennes province in the North, there should be a Chiny province in the west.
    Last edited by Ruwaard; 11-01-2012 at 13:35.

agreed

MappaRegnorum is beautiful/properly done. So i'll be looking forward to a mod as well.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Not that it matters much with CK2 coming out soon, but does anyone know why the Count of Amiens and Valois would always succeeded by the Count of Vermandois' eldest son? I've seen the Count have a son or two, but he still loses the titles to the de Vermandois family upon his death.

Anyways, I hope to see a Mappa Regnorum mod for CK2! You did a simply amazing job with this mod. It really made CK1 playable despite its many years
    List of AARs:
    House Tyrell in Seven Kingdoms: A Game of Thrones MultiplayAAR
    Gesta Capetingorum - Updated upon the twelfth day of September, the year of our Lord and Savior 2014

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej I View Post
    Not that it matters much with CK2 coming out soon, but does anyone know why the Count of Amiens and Valois would always succeeded by the Count of Vermandois' eldest son? I've seen the Count have a son or two, but he still loses the titles to the de Vermandois family upon his death.

Anyways, I hope to see a Mappa Regnorum mod for CK2! You did a simply amazing job with this mod. It really made CK1 playable despite its many years
    I second this motion.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

CK2 doesn't run on my computer, so there won't be a MR2 until I get a new computer or they release a patch that lowers the graphic card requirement.

200k clubDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftypence View Post
    CK2 doesn't run on my computer, so there won't be a MR2 until I get a new computer or they release a patch that lowers the graphic card requirement.
    Here is a trick, in settings.txt (either in your main directory or at my documents) of the mapRenderingOptions you should change the draw_x things from =yes to =no. I suggest you remove:
    draw_terrain
    draw_water
    draw_trees
    draw_postfx
    draw_sky
    draw_bloom
    draw_hires_terrain

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by JRHINDO View Post
    Here is a trick, in settings.txt (either in your main directory or at my documents) of the mapRenderingOptions you should change the draw_x things from =yes to =no. I suggest you remove:
    draw_terrain
    draw_water
    draw_trees
    draw_postfx
    draw_sky
    draw_bloom
    draw_hires_terrain
    Didn't work, unfortunately, but thanks anyway.

I found out there is a free province ID tag, so any requests for a new province that could be added? If anyone still plays this, of course...

I'm getting a new graphics card sometime in the next week, so hopefully I will actually be able to play CK2 finally, and maybe begin work of MR2.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I'm getting a new graphics card sometime in the next week, so hopefully I will actually be able to play CK2 finally, and maybe begin work of MR2.
    Greatly, greatly looking forward to it!
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

57 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome

Fingers crossed! Can't wait to try out the map

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    I found out there is a free province ID tag, so any requests for a new province that could be added? If anyone still plays this, of course...
    I'm currently playing a Republic of Venice game and having great fun with it too.
    "Chavez is leading his people into better future, after ages of explotation they have something to be happy about. Positive thing is also that he suport good causes all over south america and world too a sign of true greatnes." -Ivio
    "Yes, Stalin said the same thing." -Tufto

"I think I'm going insane. I can like FEEL each second and minute passing and it's making me go insane because like I could be building skills in those minutes instead of making a forum post or listening to music or g-chatting with a colleague. I can feel it in my brain and in my body. It's terrible.[...]Anyone else have this?" -EFT
    "Only when I read your posts." -trajan

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Can anyone reupload the compatible DVIP events for those of us who can't run CK2?

DVIP-MapReg_edited_events-1-.zip

Please report if link is unavailable, unless the OP has a working link again.

edit: see post #386
    Last edited by Aardvark Bellay; 12-11-2013 at 15:01.

File not found, you will be redirected to http://www.gamefront.com

*deleted*
    Last edited by Aardvark Bellay; 15-09-2012 at 23:57.

Not knowing if the OP will post a new link, i just created one (lasts for a year)

edit :

see post #386
    Last edited by Aardvark Bellay; 12-11-2013 at 15:01.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 LastLast