• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd be concerned about Russia taking that border province from Crimea, better for you to go to war with Crimea first if at all possible to prevent them from losing any of their eastern provinces to Christians. I guess the OE will have something to say about that though.

That province is my main target. It is a volga tartar culture province, so I would really like to have it, and it would be a good attrition buffer for a Russian attack. Plus also Kharkov, leaving Crimea with their southern provinces. Other targets are Shirvan and Nogai.

One good thing about Ottoman Kazan is that it will either stop Russia from expanding or end in a bloody Russian-Ottoman war in which you can profit from both sides weakening.

A bloody Russian-Ottoman war in the Siberian winter would be perfect! :D

a bloody war where they lose georgia to rebels :D
and reclaiming the crimean provinces before they turn russian is a good idea :D

That's what i call a success. Sad, the old Khan is dead. His stats will be missed. i agree Ottoman Khazan can be both good or bad, I wonder how it'll turn out. Is taking Russia down viable now? They are fighting a war (we, manpower issues, spread troops), i worry they'll never be weak enough to handle.

That's what i call a success. Sad, the old Khan is dead. His stats will be missed. i agree Ottoman Khazan can be both good or bad, I wonder how it'll turn out. Is taking Russia down viable now? They are fighting a war (we, manpower issues, spread troops), i worry they'll never be weak enough to handle.

They have been at war for a long long time, so their WE should be high. But they have no real enemy in the war since Poland is finished. Perhaps if Scandinavia or the Ottomans attacked them, then we wouldn't have to do all the heavy killing. The best would be to ally with the Ottomans and then declare war. The Ottomans are in a position to pick provinces off Russia, which would be bad for Russia and bad for OE.

I've actually played almost another hundred years, but postponed writing anything about it because it was so dull and work kept me busy. When I reach the new hundred years mark I will post an update.

Did this AAR die.....?

I'm sorry to report that this AAR will not be continued. The release of Divine Wind and it's new horde mechanics is just too much to resist. It seems fantastic fun and I will soon start a brand new horde AAR! Writing this AAR has been immensely fun and I would like to thank you all for your interest and comments and I hope you will give my new AAR a look when it starts.

I just read through this AAR and I must say, a fantastic AAR! At first you had a weak position, and then you started to grow in strength; but then you were utterly destroyed, made weaker than before, only to rise again as stronger than ever. I'd advise you to wait for a few patches for DW before you start an AAR though, especially with hordes.