• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BaronNoir

Field Marshal
75 Badges
Sep 25, 2003
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
Thanks to a small issue, I will try reinstall the game, but I would like to not lose everything. (That's the only issue I have with STEAM : I gave up on ME 2, after being forced to replay seven times the intro, as I was never able to find the saves and copy them before reinstalling and such)

In 7, this will depend on wether UAC is enabled or not, and wether EU3 is in Program Files or not.

If UAC is enabled, and Steam is installed under Program Files, Windows 7 decides to hide your save files (Vista does this aswell). It's in a hidden folder called "Appdata" in your documents. Delve into there, it's under "Virtual Store" or something. If either UAC is disabled or Steam is stored outside Program Files, it will be in the directory outlined by the other posters.

In 7, this will depend on wether UAC is enabled or not, and wether EU3 is in Program Files or not.

If UAC is enabled, and Steam is installed under Program Files, Windows 7 decides to hide your save files (Vista does this aswell). It's in a hidden folder called "Appdata" in your documents. Delve into there, it's under "Virtual Store" or something. If either UAC is disabled or Steam is stored outside Program Files, it will be in the directory outlined by the other posters.

The easy way to get there is to go to the install directory and then press the compatibility files button which takes you to the corresponding place in the virtual store.

The people that designed this system of keeping save games with STEAM are not vert user friendly, since it was way easier for me with Civ II and floppy drives.

But I found the saves, by using the sublte ruse of starting a game and naming it 'ZYPREXA''

Last edited: