+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windows 7+Steam : Where the saves are located ?

Windows 7+Steam : Where the saves are located ?

Thanks to a small issue, I will try reinstall the game, but I would like to not lose everything. (That's the only issue I have with STEAM : I gave up on ME 2, after being forced to replay seven times the intro, as I was never able to find the saves and copy them before reinstalling and such)

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

In XP, the path would be C:\Program\Valve\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Europa Universalis III - complete\Save games

C:\Program can differ, of course. Windows 7 is similar, I think?

Second Lieutenant Amateur Emperor's Avatar
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Europa Universalis III - complete\Save games

Much similar, yes, except for the program file.

In 7, this will depend on wether UAC is enabled or not, and wether EU3 is in Program Files or not.

If UAC is enabled, and Steam is installed under Program Files, Windows 7 decides to hide your save files (Vista does this aswell). It's in a hidden folder called "Appdata" in your documents. Delve into there, it's under "Virtual Store" or something. If either UAC is disabled or Steam is stored outside Program Files, it will be in the directory outlined by the other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    In 7, this will depend on wether UAC is enabled or not, and wether EU3 is in Program Files or not.

If UAC is enabled, and Steam is installed under Program Files, Windows 7 decides to hide your save files (Vista does this aswell). It's in a hidden folder called "Appdata" in your documents. Delve into there, it's under "Virtual Store" or something. If either UAC is disabled or Steam is stored outside Program Files, it will be in the directory outlined by the other posters.
    The easy way to get there is to go to the install directory and then press the compatibility files button which takes you to the corresponding place in the virtual store.

The people that designed this system of keeping save games with STEAM are not vert user friendly, since it was way easier for me with Civ II and floppy drives.

But I found the saves, by using the sublte ruse of starting a game and naming it 'ZYPREXA''
    Last edited by BaronNoir; 19-07-2010 at 14:59.

What's weird is that for me, I uninstalled and reinstalled EU3, and I didn't back up anything, but my save games were for some reason still there...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ElMikkino View Post
    What's weird is that for me, I uninstalled and reinstalled EU3, and I didn't back up anything, but my save games were for some reason still there...
    It isn't that weird - the installer just doesn't touch them

+ Reply to Thread