• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(47028)

Field Marshal
Aug 1, 2005
Introduction

You probably know very well Lithuania have not survived WWII.

I saw a few Lithuanian AAR attempts which ended abruptly even without starting.

I have decided to change Lithuania's destiny in the game, but I am not sure about the world conquest. I leave it for Estonians (I refer to really funny Estonian cook AAR) :D

No house rules or limitations (except no cheats) - just plain dirty attempt to survive and beat AI :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Baltic Wars - Latvia

Two years and nine months Lithuanian government was preparing Lithuanian population for a war against Poland to liberate Vilnius. At the same time it was negotiating with Germany to support Lithuania in the war.

liberatevilnius.jpg

Two years and nine months Lithuania was negotiating with Latvia to create a single country under the name of Aistija. The only problem was that Latvians wanted Riga to be a capital of the new country, which was not acceptable to Lithuanians and Latvians didn’t want to be involved in the issue of Vilnius.

aistija.jpg

At last, on 6 October 1938, Lithuania and Germany signed a secret military alliance.

381006invitation.jpg

Negotiations with Latvia failed and President Antanas Smetona decided to join Latvia with military force.

On 23 October 1938, Lithuania declared war and within several days Lithuanian troops took Daugavpils and besieged Riga.

381023warlatvia.jpg

381101latvia.jpg

On 11 November 1938, Riga surrendered and Latvia capitulated on 12 November 1938.

381111riga.jpg

381112surrender.jpg

Last edited:
Baltic Wars – Estonia

Estonia protested at the League of Nations and Lithuania was kicked out from the organisation. President Antanas Smetona saw it as a betrayal of Baltic union and two days later on 14 October, Lithuania invaded Estonia.

381114warestonia.jpg

One Lithuanians division landed at Parnu and marched to Tallinn. Several days latter two more divisions arrived and the Siege of Tallinn started. A fourth division marched to Tartu which was abandoned by Estonians. By 28 November, two Estonian divisions arrived from Tartu and Narva and attacked Lithuanian right flank at Tallin.

381128estonia.jpg

Fortunately, Tallinn garrison was not able to hold Lithuanian advance from West and retreated. Lithuanian took the city on 2 December relieved Lithuanian at Parnu. Estonia capitulated on 3 December.

381202battles.jpg

381203surrender.jpg

This can't end well.. or, hmm, maybe Germans will expedite the whole army to you :rofl:

But.. MR-pact gives soviets decision to annex baltics yes?
Only war with ger/lat/lit/est prevents that decision from being available if things go normal otherways...

But.. MR-pact gives soviets decision to annex baltics yes?
Only war with ger/lat/lit/est prevents that decision from being available if things go normal otherways...

This is why I have to attack Poland before MR-pact. The best time, IMHO, is just after annexation of Czechoslovakia. Poland then will become Allied member. I will sign the pact with Germany and Hungary instead and start WWII :)

Partition of Poland - the Central Europe Security Pact

Following the Partition of Czechoslovakia, the Lithuanian foreign minister Stasys Lozoraitis, the German foreign minister Joachim von Ribbentrop and the Hungarian foreign minister Kalman Kanya met in Berlin on 23 April 1939 to sign the Central Europe Security Pact and discuss partition of Poland.

Lozoraitis proposed the same map, which Lithuanians used in the Paris Peace Conference, as a basis of negotiations. Unfortunately, Ribbentrop was not willing to propose Suwalki and Bialystok.

partitionproposal.jpg

On 29 April Lithuania sent an Ultimatum to Poland to secede unlawfully occupied Vilnius Region, but Poland refused and Lithuania declared war on 1 May.

400501warpoland.jpg

400501poland.jpg

Last edited:
Partition of Poland – 5 Week Campaign

During the first two weeks of the war Lithuanians took the North part of Vilnius region unopposed. Due to the risk of being completely cut off Polish armoured division abandoned Vilnius without a fight and Lithuanians entered the city on 15 May. Lithuanians were ecstatic about the return of Vilnius and a parade was staged.

picturesvilnius.jpg

[video=youtube;D-3JV9QajDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3JV9QajDk[/video]

(Documentary: March to Vilnius 1939)

However, the war was not over yet. Polish refused to retreat from Varena (Orani) and Salcininkai (Soleczniki). The battle of Varena was won on 20 May. Polish at Salcininkai were subsequently encircled and surrendered on 22 May. Polish counter-attacked at Varena but were repulsed.

390520varena.jpg

390525battles.jpg

Lithuanians continued the offensive south but Polish cavalry division stopped Lithuanians at Branowicze. The battle was won but Polish were able to hold Pinsk until the end of war. Two more battles followed at Wolkowysk and Szczuczyn but Polish counter-offensives were repulsed.

390527baran.jpg

390601poland.jpg

On 9 June 1939, following the fall of Warszawa, Poland capitulated and Poland was partitioned between Lithuania, Germany and Hungary.

390609surrender.jpg

Last edited:
take vilnius when the poles focus on fighting the panzers huh? i'll follow
edit : an update before my post ... won't that narrow german front spell disaster when SU will declare war?

take vilnius when the poles focus on fighting the panzers huh? i'll follow

What else I can do with my 4 understrength divisions? :D I won several battles too :cool:

edit : an update before my post ... won't that narrow german front spell disaster when SU will declare war?

The SU will not attack, I hope, because there is no MR-pact. I eliminated Poland before Germany and the SU entered the pact.

However, if not Germany, then I will attack the SU sometime in 1941 but before that I will try to prepare some escape roots (like conquering Denmark or something like that). During initial stages of the war I'll have to leave Latvia and Estonia, I guess until German reinforcements arrive. I will use a new Allied Objectives feature.

Interesting map! I love when weird maps occur! :eek:

There should be some more :)

Last edited:
War in the West – Preparations for Invasion to Denmark

Following Polish capitulation, the battle in the West intensified. Germans annexed Luxemburg on 20 June 1939 and Italians invaded South France. At the same time British occupied Ethiopia.

400620.jpg

400624france.jpg

On 28 June 1939, Germany declared war on Denmark and the Netherlands. Lithuanians knew about German plan and kindly offered military support in subduing and later administering Denmark.

Lithuanian Navy which includes transport ships and the only Lithuanian warship “Prezidentas Smetona” are ready to transport troops from Kiel for amphibious landings at Arhus, Odense, Kolding and Faaborg.

laivasprezidentassmeton.jpg

400628plan.jpg

War in the West – Denmark Surrender

Landing was successful even though Lithuanian navy was badly beaten by Danish warships and had to retreat. Within two days Danish in the mainland were cut off surrendered.

390702denmark.jpg

A skirmish was won at Aalborg. On 24 July 1939, following 2 week siege Copenhagen surrendered, but Danish king and government were evacuated.

Lithuanians resumed administration of whole Denmark except two South provinces which Germans took under their control.

390724battles.jpg

390725surrender.jpg

On 13 July 1939, Germany declared war on Belgium, while almost all the Netherlands were occupied by Germans. Only Amsterdam and Den Haag remained in Dutch hands.

390717belgium.jpg

Good progress so far, how about taking sweden? You could use the ongoing betaphase of SF as a justification;)

time to create a baltic powerhouse(w/o manpower of course)

Good progress so far, how about taking sweden? You could use the ongoing betaphase of SF as a justification;)

time to create a baltic powerhouse(w/o manpower of course)

Norway is already at war, but I do not want to risk with my 4 divisions to attack it as all ports are guarded and my "navy" (one transport) :rofl: could be beaten by any gunboat.

I noticed that Sweden is influenced by Allies and sooner or later it will join them. I hope then Germans will attack it through Malmo ;)

Now, I am going to transfer my "army" (one corps) to France to take some action and help Germans to win the war.

lol
talk about getting beaten by naval forces in the baltic and norwegian coast and you enter the channel, you will need a ton of luck for that:p
eagerly awaiting results