• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FYI, the Soviet Union AI is scripted to attack Germany sometime in '42. You might want to consider bringing home some of your troops from your colonies ;)

Not necessarily. I ve just tried the same thing with Latvia, conquered 2 Baltic states and took even a part of North-Eastern Poland by editing a MR pact and then I was attacked...

I retreated to central Latvia/Lithuania and held the front for nearly a year against a force of more than half a million Soviets with my 100k Latvians, then they broke through, but I managed to keep Riga unconquered, but totally surrounded with only 50k of defenders.

Now, I'm getting liberated by German troops:)

So you can win it, but you need a ton of luck for this:)

Either way, I thought I will be doomed after a few seconds so I didn't took any screenshots. It's a bit sad for me, because this was one of the most interesting HoI games I've played and would make a good AAR...

FYI, the Soviet Union AI is scripted to attack Germany sometime in '42. You might want to consider bringing home some of your troops from your colonies ;)

You are right, but I have feeling that Germans will start war before that because there is no RM pact so they are free to attack at any time.

I am going to leave just 1 brigade per colony. Americans are a bit nuisance because they already attacked Aarhus (Denmark) several times and once Spain. They usually also attack Norway but Germans should deal with them there.

I have a feeling the Soviets will just completely overrun you, even if the Germans put their army in Lithuania, they'll be severely short on supplies presumably. Anyway, good luck!

I am already gave up an idea to hold all three Baltic states. However, I must to keep at least one Lithuanian province, otherwise my capital will be re-located to Spain and then there will be supply disaster.

Not necessarily. I ve just tried the same thing with Latvia, conquered 2 Baltic states and took even a part of North-Eastern Poland by editing a MR pact and then I was attacked...

I retreated to central Latvia/Lithuania and held the front for nearly a year against a force of more than half a million Soviets with my 100k Latvians, then they broke through, but I managed to keep Riga unconquered, but totally surrounded with only 50k of defenders.

Now, I'm getting liberated by German troops:)

So you can win it, but you need a ton of luck for this:)

My plan is similar. I am planning retreat behind Daugava River and hold woody provinces in East Lithuania. If necessary, retreat to Kaunas and then Memel (the last defence).

Did you build any land fortifications at all? Those would be bloody helpful if you really want to keep a hold on your Lithunian motherland.

Did you build any land fortifications at all? Those would be bloody helpful if you really want to keep a hold on your Lithunian motherland.

I wish but it is too late now. To be honest, all my hope is SF option to give orders to allies. They have worked in Scandinavian campaign. Maybe not that perfectly and with huge delay but it did.

its like the little engine that could =D you have gained another reader!

Howdy. . . enjoying the AAR . . however, I'm wondering - did you use the "noneutrality" cheat?

You have given your "allies" access?

I haven't. Does it give any benefit? We belong to the same faction so they can enter my territory anyway.

Wow this is a great thread, I'm looking forward to seing what happens next. Good luck.

I have almost completed the Barbarossa Campaign in another AAR. I will continue this any time soon. Thanks :)

its like the little engine that could =D you have gained another reader!

Welcome to thread :)

Howdy. . . enjoying the AAR . . however, I'm wondering - did you use the "noneutrality" cheat?

No, I didn't. From the day one I was lowering neutrality and increasing threat of Latvia and Estonia. Following Lithuania's acceptance to Axis its threat increased and I could declare war against Latvia.

Ok guys. Lithuanian Barbarossa is on its way now. I will post the first weeks of Europe (Lithuania, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Yugoslavia, Romania and Bulgaria) vs the Soviet Union.

War in the East – The Soviet Invasion

In June 1941 Axis were preparing for onslaught in the East. Two new members joined the faction. South American countries are more and more confident about the new order.

On 22 June 1941, all continental Europe declared war against the Soviet Union. Only Switzerland, Finland and Portugal remained neutral.

410621events.jpg

410622su.jpg

The Soviets immediately invaded Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania. Lithuanians met the Soviets at Daugavpils and Jekabils but due the Soviet numerical superiority had to retreat behind Daugava River. The Soviets already reached Vilnius.

Germans and Yugoslavians promised reinforcements but it will take several weeks before they could arrive and deploy for operations.

Situation in Bessarabia is not very promising at the moment too but Bulgarian army is already on its way to help Romanians.

By the end of the first week, only Germans and Hungarians made limited advance towards Kyiv.

410628battles.jpg

410629su.jpg

Last edited:
War in the East – The First Victory

The Soviets continued their advance in Estonia and Latvia. They already reached Tallinn. However, Lithuanians won their first battle at Livani and stopped the Soviets from crossing Daugava River. The victory was small but nevertheless very important.

Germans and Yugoslavians sent their reserves to reinforce left and right flanks of Lithuanian army. The main German reinforcements already reached Austria and should be deployed at front line within several weeks.

Regardless the lack of troops Germans were able to advance towards Kyiv about 160km.

At the same time, the Soviets pushed further into Bessarabia and took favourable positions behind Prut River.

Both the Axis and the Soviets are still testing theirs strength before the major operations.

410706su.jpg

410706lt.jpg

Last edited: