+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithuania - Fight for Survival or World Dominion? ('36, Normal Lv, SF 2.04d)

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

FYI, the Soviet Union AI is scripted to attack Germany sometime in '42. You might want to consider bringing home some of your troops from your colonies
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update October 25, 2014; corrected the Japanese entry.

Second Lieutenant SpeedyDeletion's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I have a feeling the Soviets will just completely overrun you, even if the Germans put their army in Lithuania, they'll be severely short on supplies presumably. Anyway, good luck!

Not necessarily. I ve just tried the same thing with Latvia, conquered 2 Baltic states and took even a part of North-Eastern Poland by editing a MR pact and then I was attacked...

I retreated to central Latvia/Lithuania and held the front for nearly a year against a force of more than half a million Soviets with my 100k Latvians, then they broke through, but I managed to keep Riga unconquered, but totally surrounded with only 50k of defenders.

Now, I'm getting liberated by German troops

So you can win it, but you need a ton of luck for this

Either way, I thought I will be doomed after a few seconds so I didn't took any screenshots. It's a bit sad for me, because this was one of the most interesting HoI games I've played and would make a good AAR...
    ThunderHawk3's Power to the People:
    Current character: Colonel Luciano Salvatore d'Manin-Grimani

ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe:
    Baudouin, Prince de Merode-Westerlo (Page 668 on)
    Philippe-Auguste, Marquis de Broqueville (Pages 515 to 667)
    Willem de Graaf (Pages 387 to 512)
    Jacques-Philippe, Marquis de Broqueville (Pages 339 to 386)
    Count Dorian de Nogaret-Lefebvre (Pages 239 to 338)
    Martin de Graaf (Pages 15-236, +258)

theAhawk's Federation of Equals:
    Edvard J. Krejčí (Page 1049+)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    FYI, the Soviet Union AI is scripted to attack Germany sometime in '42. You might want to consider bringing home some of your troops from your colonies
    You are right, but I have feeling that Germans will start war before that because there is no RM pact so they are free to attack at any time.

I am going to leave just 1 brigade per colony. Americans are a bit nuisance because they already attacked Aarhus (Denmark) several times and once Spain. They usually also attack Norway but Germans should deal with them there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyDeletion View Post
    I have a feeling the Soviets will just completely overrun you, even if the Germans put their army in Lithuania, they'll be severely short on supplies presumably. Anyway, good luck!
    I am already gave up an idea to hold all three Baltic states. However, I must to keep at least one Lithuanian province, otherwise my capital will be re-located to Spain and then there will be supply disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by G.K. View Post
    Not necessarily. I ve just tried the same thing with Latvia, conquered 2 Baltic states and took even a part of North-Eastern Poland by editing a MR pact and then I was attacked...

I retreated to central Latvia/Lithuania and held the front for nearly a year against a force of more than half a million Soviets with my 100k Latvians, then they broke through, but I managed to keep Riga unconquered, but totally surrounded with only 50k of defenders.

Now, I'm getting liberated by German troops

So you can win it, but you need a ton of luck for this
    My plan is similar. I am planning retreat behind Daugava River and hold woody provinces in East Lithuania. If necessary, retreat to Kaunas and then Memel (the last defence).

Integrista de Al-Ficheda Freymann's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Is... incredible!
    Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez.
    FREYBlog: Austria
    Иди ко мне

Trve Basileus

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Please proceed, I hunger for more!

Quote Originally Posted by Freymann View Post

Is... incredible!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Please proceed, I hunger for more!
    I wish to do it, but busy with another Barbarossa at the moment

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIStarvoidMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Did you build any land fortifications at all? Those would be bloody helpful if you really want to keep a hold on your Lithunian motherland.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Did you build any land fortifications at all? Those would be bloody helpful if you really want to keep a hold on your Lithunian motherland.
    I wish but it is too late now. To be honest, all my hope is SF option to give orders to allies. They have worked in Scandinavian campaign. Maybe not that perfectly and with huge delay but it did.

You have given your "allies" access?

Wow this is a great thread, I'm looking forward to seing what happens next. Good luck.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

its like the little engine that could =D you have gained another reader!
    "The fruits of victory are tumbling into our mouths too quickly."
    Emperor Hirohito (On his Birthday) - 29th April 1942

Always in a moment of extreme danger things can be done which had previously been thought impossible.
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Howdy. . . enjoying the AAR . . however, I'm wondering - did you use the "noneutrality" cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by Surt View Post
    You have given your "allies" access?
    I haven't. Does it give any benefit? We belong to the same faction so they can enter my territory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandsnare View Post
    Wow this is a great thread, I'm looking forward to seing what happens next. Good luck.
    I have almost completed the Barbarossa Campaign in another AAR. I will continue this any time soon. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrenadierSchube View Post
    its like the little engine that could =D you have gained another reader!
    Welcome to thread

Quote Originally Posted by mankle30 View Post
    Howdy. . . enjoying the AAR . . however, I'm wondering - did you use the "noneutrality" cheat?
    No, I didn't. From the day one I was lowering neutrality and increasing threat of Latvia and Estonia. Following Lithuania's acceptance to Axis its threat increased and I could declare war against Latvia.

Captain

Yeah! This AAR isnt dead yet

Ok guys. Lithuanian Barbarossa is on its way now. I will post the first weeks of Europe (Lithuania, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Yugoslavia, Romania and Bulgaria) vs the Soviet Union.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by mnplastic View Post
    Ok guys. Lithuanian Barbarossa is on its way now. I will post the first weeks of Europe (Lithuania, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Yugoslavia, Romania and Bulgaria) vs the Soviet Union.
    good luck you will need it!

War in the East – The Soviet Invasion

In June 1941 Axis were preparing for onslaught in the East. Two new members joined the faction. South American countries are more and more confident about the new order.

On 22 June 1941, all continental Europe declared war against the Soviet Union. Only Switzerland, Finland and Portugal remained neutral.

The Soviets immediately invaded Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania. Lithuanians met the Soviets at Daugavpils and Jekabils but due the Soviet numerical superiority had to retreat behind Daugava River. The Soviets already reached Vilnius.

Germans and Yugoslavians promised reinforcements but it will take several weeks before they could arrive and deploy for operations.

Situation in Bessarabia is not very promising at the moment too but Bulgarian army is already on its way to help Romanians.

By the end of the first week, only Germans and Hungarians made limited advance towards Kyiv.

Situation looks grim in the north. It's a shame you don't seem to have any troops in northern Estonia, you might have been able to cut off a few Soviet divisions and force them to surrender

War in the East – The First Victory

The Soviets continued their advance in Estonia and Latvia. They already reached Tallinn. However, Lithuanians won their first battle at Livani and stopped the Soviets from crossing Daugava River. The victory was small but nevertheless very important.

Germans and Yugoslavians sent their reserves to reinforce left and right flanks of Lithuanian army. The main German reinforcements already reached Austria and should be deployed at front line within several weeks.

Regardless the lack of troops Germans were able to advance towards Kyiv about 160km.

At the same time, the Soviets pushed further into Bessarabia and took favourable positions behind Prut River.

Both the Axis and the Soviets are still testing theirs strength before the major operations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast