• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Managed to find out where Kanem Roughly is. It's in Chad for people who don't
That is Kanem province, yes. Kanem the nation in this time line reaches up into our Libya.

I hate that little'ish Libya. It should be annexed into Carthage.
Maybe, but Carthage is a bit more stable now.

Is Libya a dictatorship or is it a "democracy"? If it's a "democracy" it should have a form of the new flag.

Out of interest, what's the status of atheism in the modern day?
Much like in our time line, atheism was a big part of communist philosophy. Meanwhile, countries like France, the UK, Germany, and Lothgaria are seeing increasing numbers of atheists (30%+ of the population) due to citizen apathy. Prussia and Silesia are the only countries with atheist majorities (I envision it at about 51% and 60% respectively). However, they both still have strong Christian elements.

The reason that there is a slightly higher percentage over-all was an emphasis on humanist tolerance between 1600 and 1800. France was essentially a massive Netherlands. In the new world, however, these numbers are lower due to the nature of the spread of Christianity. Especially in the ex-Prussian colonies.

But of course I might be a bit biased. ;)

Is where we are at in the timeline when Prussia is at it's greatest extent on the Eurasian continent?

Owning(OTL):
-poland(practically)
-belarus
-baltic states
-west russia
-west Ukraine

Or does it get bigger on the continent?

Is where we are at in the timeline when Prussia is at it's greatest extent on the Eurasian continent?

Owning(OTL):
-poland(practically)
-belarus
-baltic states
-west russia
-west Ukraine

Or does it get bigger on the continent?
It is about at its continental peak. But it is really more of a plateau.

It is about at its continental peak. But it is really more of a plateau.

Wouldn't it be at its very highest when the supposedly Prussian (Soviet) Union existed? You mentioned Rome and most of the Balkans splitting away IIRC, so they must've been integrated in atleast some way? Or was it a looser communist federation?

Wouldn't it be at its very highest when the supposedly Prussian (Soviet) Union existed? You mentioned Rome and most of the Balkans splitting away IIRC, so they must've been integrated in atleast some way? Or was it a looser communist federation?

Ah, what I meant to say this was the peak of its physical area in Europe. Power and influence are two different beasts all together.

Ah, what I meant to say this was the peak of its physical area in Europe. Power and influence are two different beasts all together.

But is it influence, or were they under actual, recognized control of Prussia? That was what I thought was implied, not that they were actual independent communist states simply under the Prussian umbrella. So were they somewhat like Poland, East Germany, Hungary, to RL Soviet Russia - sort of like a Warsaw (or Memegrád :p) pact - instead of, say the Georgian SSR? I thought they were the latter.

Thanks for the clarification, and I will now refrain from spamming the thread until a wonderful new update arrives:D

Last edited:
But is it influence, or were they under actual, recognized control of Prussia? That was what I thought was implied, not that they were actual independent communist states simply under the Prussian umbrella. So were they somewhat like Poland, East Germany, Hungary, to RL Soviet Russia instead of say, the Georgian SSR? I thought they were the latter.

Thanks for the clarification, and I will now refrain from spamming the thread until a wonderful new update arrives:D
Romania and the others were more like the smaller nations in the Warsaw pact. Prussia is far more ethnically homogeneous than the soviet union and therefore does not need to split up into autonomous SSRs.

Mini-update

Prussian Uniforms and Colors of the Modern Eras
Black and the end of the Colonial Age

An old Prussian saying was "you can always trust a man in black". For much of Prussia's history black symbolized not mourning but strength and power. It also represented common men. Black as a Prussian uniform started off as a mark of authority, wealth and the ideas of the old Knightly orders. However, by the XIX Century the black uniforms hid Prussia's weakness and growing debts. Prussia's economy was failing and it was costing too much to import the raw materials for making uniforms. Instead, the government captured old uniforms from its enemies or from local police units and then dyed them black to hide what color they were originally. Black was the only color to effectively cover up any other color. If red were to be used, for example, blue shirts would end up purple. So they were all dyed black and given out to soldiers as brand new uniforms.

Ferdinand_Hodler_001.jpg

Prussian Infantry and Cavalry circa 1850.

But the black played a major role in the end of the Prussian Empire. It was because of the heat of the new world that Prussian soldiers were particularly ineffective. Most colonial militias wore white or khaki, but nearly every colonial soldier defected to their colony leaving Prussia with very little hold on the new world. Soldiers from Europe were shipped over to the new world and quickly found their black uniforms to be uncomfortably hot. They tried to get rid of them, but the officer corp was afraid of confusing their soldiers for colonial soldiers, so refused. Other colors were demanded, but their shipments were usually rare, late and too few to be of use. Cuba, one of the many states to win their independence, added a black triangle and a white sun to their flag: a joking reminder of their biggest ally in their war for independence.

Cuba.png

The Flag of Cuba.

Texas includes a similar motif, though for different reasons. The legend goes that Texan rebels captured the house of an important Prussian governor and then stitched his good uniform into their flag as a sign of their supremacy. Later they added a white star over the black to symbolize their solidarity with the other former Prussian colonies. Similar stories are told in Jamaica.

Texas.png

The Flag of Texas.

Jamaica.png

The Flag of Jamaica.