• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also on that thought, who went into space first? What version of Sputnik was created and sent into space and by who?

Those doctors kill more people than a Roman legion armed to the teeth!
But no more than the priests, at least it is a step in the right direction.

That reminds me. Does Prussia ever become a leader in Science like Sweden, Canada, U.K. or U.S.A have?

Also on that thought, who went into space first? What version of Sputnik was created and sent into space and by who?
That gets a bit more into the story itself. However, there is a space race and it does concern Prussia. I won't give too many spoilers, but you might be able to piece how it went down.

Just a question, but since the Moors managed to nearly conquer Scotland and Ireland; (They occupied all of ireland, and all of Scotland save for the Highlands) would some Scots and Irish have swarthy complexions? It's just a thing i've had hanging over my head while reading this. Also, is there a *Dr. Who tv show in this Timeline? (xD, the last one isn't serious but someone had to ask that)

Oh my god! That is the best question ever!

THERE HAS TO BE DOCTOR WHO IN ALL UNIVERSE'S

that is a constant, unchanging fact

And from what i learned during the week-end about medecine in Europe during the Middle Age, it's nearly a wonder Humans still exist :p

And from what i learned during the week-end about medecine in Europe during the Middle Age, it's nearly a wonder Humans still exist :p

I think mostly the exist because they couldn't all afford to go to Doctors.

Also, from what I've read, the islamic surgeons and doctors were quite skilled! The golden age of Islamic knowledge and all, y'ken?

Just a question, but since the Moors managed to nearly conquer Scotland and Ireland; (They occupied all of ireland, and all of Scotland save for the Highlands) would some Scots and Irish have swarthy complexions? It's just a thing i've had hanging over my head while reading this. Also, is there a *Dr. Who tv show in this Timeline? (xD, the last one isn't serious but someone had to ask that)

Oh my god! That is the best question ever!

THERE HAS TO BE DOCTOR WHO IN ALL UNIVERSE'S

that is a constant, unchanging fact
To be honest, I am not actually a fan of the Doctor. You can chalk it up to me being American, but in general I don't watch much television. Game of Thrones is the only show I actually make time for.

To Baldor Arbanus' original question; yes. It would be rather surprising if there weren't some children born of mix-breed parents. However, most of the Muslims who arrived in Ireland and Scotland were Bretons and Vasques; so they wouldn't be half Arab. And many of the British Muslims and their families would eventually flee from the Christians and arrive in Rennes and Nantes.

Also, from what I've read, the islamic surgeons and doctors were quite skilled! The golden age of Islamic knowledge and all, y'ken?
Yeah, doctors were rather expensive at the time. Luckily for most of us, the Islamic golden age never really ends. One of the main causes for its fall was the Crusades, which of course go in the favor of the Muslims. The second, the coming of the Mongol Hordes, is postponed for now.

True enough... i should have said : it's a wonder the Papacy didn't kill all their followers... with the moronic ban on Muslim Medecine treaties.

What about world war I and II. If I may be bold, could you tell us at least who vs. who? We know Prussia is basically Russia so it would be with the "allies" in WWII but we have no idea about world war I.

What about world war I and II. If I may be bold, could you tell us at least who vs. who? We know Prussia is basically Russia so it would be with the "allies" in WWII but we have no idea about world war I.

World War I (1909-1915):
Germany, Hungary, and Rome vs France, United Kingdom, and Prussia

World War II (1938-1946):
Germany, Sweden, and the Christian League (Rome, Hungary, Carpathia, Serbia, and Bulgaria) vs France, Aragon, Navarre, Leon, Portugal, United Kingdom, Netherlands, New Holland, New Bretony, Silesia and Prussia.

These count military allies only and is simplified in general. During WWII there was a colonial rebellion in some of Aragon's colonies... which fought against both the axis and allies.

Last edited:
Was there a country that had the same power and wide-ranging influence (colonial, political, or militarily) as the U.K. had?

I'm guessing an Iberian nation

France is the closest thing. However, colonization in Asia was severely limited. India, Indochina and China all remain untouched by the Europeans.

How did Science fiction Develop in this timeline? Is it still really pulpy in the modern era?

The biggest differences (I would guess) is there is not quite the obsession with the end of the world, which I believe is partially rooted in Christian reverence for the Rapture and for the book of Revelations. Obviously there is not a total lack of this kind of fiction, it just doesn't play as large of a role as it does in our time line.

Ah. So, in this TL the Postapocalyptic genre isn't nearly as popular as it is in real life? I wonder if this effects the 'superhero' thing as well. Also, since Vlad the Impaler wasn't as infamous in this world, I wonder if this world still has a 'Dracula' figure and that vampires are still iconic, or what is the 'iconic monster' if it isn't Dracula? (heres one hoping theres no *Twilight! :D) Sorry about asking about literature, but, without a infamous Vlad, I don't think Vampires became iconic.

Regarding postapocalypitc fiction: maybe the Infinite War also had something to do with its absence. When all of Western Europe is engulfed in a ceaseless bloodbath for more lifetimes than you care to count, the end of the world seems like a fairly hopeful prediction to make, and what's actually happening day-to-day is about as nightmarish as anything Cormac McCarthy ever wrote, so you have plenty of material for dark stories without resorting to the apocalypse. Just an idea that popped into my head.