+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Bastions: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians

That reminds me. Does Prussia ever become a leader in Science like Sweden, Canada, U.K. or U.S.A have?

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Also on that thought, who went into space first? What version of Sputnik was created and sent into space and by who?

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mayorqw View Post
    Those doctors kill more people than a Roman legion armed to the teeth!
    But no more than the priests, at least it is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Zoviet View Post
    That reminds me. Does Prussia ever become a leader in Science like Sweden, Canada, U.K. or U.S.A have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliasing View Post
    Also on that thought, who went into space first? What version of Sputnik was created and sent into space and by who?
    That gets a bit more into the story itself. However, there is a space race and it does concern Prussia. I won't give too many spoilers, but you might be able to piece how it went down.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Just a question, but since the Moors managed to nearly conquer Scotland and Ireland; (They occupied all of ireland, and all of Scotland save for the Highlands) would some Scots and Irish have swarthy complexions? It's just a thing i've had hanging over my head while reading this. Also, is there a *Dr. Who tv show in this Timeline? (xD, the last one isn't serious but someone had to ask that)

Oh my god! That is the best question ever!

THERE HAS TO BE DOCTOR WHO IN ALL UNIVERSE'S

that is a constant, unchanging fact

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    And from what i learned during the week-end about medecine in Europe during the Middle Age, it's nearly a wonder Humans still exist
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Oooh, a Custom User Title? Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    And from what i learned during the week-end about medecine in Europe during the Middle Age, it's nearly a wonder Humans still exist
    I think mostly the exist because they couldn't all afford to go to Doctors.

Also, from what I've read, the islamic surgeons and doctors were quite skilled! The golden age of Islamic knowledge and all, y'ken?
    I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing
    Cogito Ergo Sum

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldor Arbanus View Post
    Just a question, but since the Moors managed to nearly conquer Scotland and Ireland; (They occupied all of ireland, and all of Scotland save for the Highlands) would some Scots and Irish have swarthy complexions? It's just a thing i've had hanging over my head while reading this. Also, is there a *Dr. Who tv show in this Timeline? (xD, the last one isn't serious but someone had to ask that)
    Oh my god! That is the best question ever!

THERE HAS TO BE DOCTOR WHO IN ALL UNIVERSE'S

that is a constant, unchanging fact
    To be honest, I am not actually a fan of the Doctor. You can chalk it up to me being American, but in general I don't watch much television. Game of Thrones is the only show I actually make time for.

To Baldor Arbanus' original question; yes. It would be rather surprising if there weren't some children born of mix-breed parents. However, most of the Muslims who arrived in Ireland and Scotland were Bretons and Vasques; so they wouldn't be half Arab. And many of the British Muslims and their families would eventually flee from the Christians and arrive in Rennes and Nantes.

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post

Also, from what I've read, the islamic surgeons and doctors were quite skilled! The golden age of Islamic knowledge and all, y'ken?
    Yeah, doctors were rather expensive at the time. Luckily for most of us, the Islamic golden age never really ends. One of the main causes for its fall was the Crusades, which of course go in the favor of the Muslims. The second, the coming of the Mongol Hordes, is postponed for now.

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post

True enough... i should have said : it's a wonder the Papacy didn't kill all their followers... with the moronic ban on Muslim Medecine treaties.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

What is Rome does not want anyone on its side?
    Rome strong, Rome alone!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    What is Rome does not want anyone on its side?
    Rome strong, Rome alone!
    Then Rome will face two invasions... one to end Rome, and one to save Rome from itself.

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What about world war I and II. If I may be bold, could you tell us at least who vs. who? We know Prussia is basically Russia so it would be with the "allies" in WWII but we have no idea about world war I.
    My own quotes:
    "Everything is possible with time and imagination, time just hasn't caught up with our imagination."
    "A stagnant brain is a very bad thing. Try keeping your head open to allow fresh air in but not open enough for your brain to fall out."

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
    -Altair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerflood View Post
    What about world war I and II. If I may be bold, could you tell us at least who vs. who? We know Prussia is basically Russia so it would be with the "allies" in WWII but we have no idea about world war I.
    World War I (1909-1915):
    Germany, Hungary, and Rome vs France, United Kingdom, and Prussia

World War II (1938-1946):
    Germany, Sweden, and the Christian League (Rome, Hungary, Carpathia, Serbia, and Bulgaria) vs France, Aragon, Navarre, Leon, Portugal, United Kingdom, Netherlands, New Holland, New Bretony, Silesia and Prussia.

These count military allies only and is simplified in general. During WWII there was a colonial rebellion in some of Aragon's colonies... which fought against both the axis and allies.
    Last edited by Mr. Capiatlist; 24-05-2011 at 00:33.

Was there a country that had the same power and wide-ranging influence (colonial, political, or militarily) as the U.K. had?

I'm guessing an Iberian nation

How did Science fiction Develop in this timeline? Is it still really pulpy in the modern era?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Zoviet View Post
    Was there a country that had the same power and wide-ranging influence (colonial, political, or militarily) as the U.K. had?
    I'm guessing an Iberian nation
    France is the closest thing. However, colonization in Asia was severely limited. India, Indochina and China all remain untouched by the Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldor Arbanus View Post
    How did Science fiction Develop in this timeline? Is it still really pulpy in the modern era?
    The biggest differences (I would guess) is there is not quite the obsession with the end of the world, which I believe is partially rooted in Christian reverence for the Rapture and for the book of Revelations. Obviously there is not a total lack of this kind of fiction, it just doesn't play as large of a role as it does in our time line.

Ah. So, in this TL the Postapocalyptic genre isn't nearly as popular as it is in real life? I wonder if this effects the 'superhero' thing as well. Also, since Vlad the Impaler wasn't as infamous in this world, I wonder if this world still has a 'Dracula' figure and that vampires are still iconic, or what is the 'iconic monster' if it isn't Dracula? (heres one hoping theres no *Twilight! ) Sorry about asking about literature, but, without a infamous Vlad, I don't think Vampires became iconic.

It's probably the Pope, I mean the current one looks like a vampire.

Corporal
    EU3 Complete

Regarding postapocalypitc fiction: maybe the Infinite War also had something to do with its absence. When all of Western Europe is engulfed in a ceaseless bloodbath for more lifetimes than you care to count, the end of the world seems like a fairly hopeful prediction to make, and what's actually happening day-to-day is about as nightmarish as anything Cormac McCarthy ever wrote, so you have plenty of material for dark stories without resorting to the apocalypse. Just an idea that popped into my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 53 ... LastLast