• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe France won't stay intact:D
And unfortunately, as the empire expands, its vulnerability increases to a number of enemies on a multifrontal basis. Of course, as the empire expands its military potential also increases. After all, several million Dominion and Colonial soldiers, sailors and airmen proved that convincingly in two world wars in this timeline.

Oops. :eek:

I thought I had posted the update like a week ago, but this seems to not be the case. When I get home tonight, it will go up. Apologies to everyone.

blsteen said:
Maybe France won't stay intact
And unfortunately, as the empire expands, its vulnerability increases to a number of enemies on a multifrontal basis. Of course, as the empire expands its military potential also increases. After all, several million Dominion and Colonial soldiers, sailors and airmen proved that convincingly in two world wars in this timeline.

You are correct. The window of vulnerability, at least for the home islands has closed, but colonies are a different matter! :)

The Fall of the Old Religion

Some of you may be interested in how the Irish are doing. I will show you.
munsterannex.jpg

leinsterannex.jpg

connaughtannex.jpg

They're doing fine, and are perfectly happy. :p

I implemented Church taxes, for a nice income boost, and Suffragan bishop to counteract the stability hit. I was rewarded with an event I haven't seen before:

churchtaxes.jpg

suffraganbishop.jpg

submissionoftheclergy.jpg

I accept, and a week later, the French have the Pope excommunicate me. Go figure.

excommunication.jpg

As revenge, we establish the protestant church. (I really don't like being excommunicated. Maybe it was an overreaction, but it'll keep me busy with converting my provinces.)

protestants.jpg

This, of course, leads to the always painful religious turmoil event. We will crush the heretics. How could we do otherwise?

pahheretics.jpg

On the international front, France attacks the Creek twice more, with the English navy conducting close blockades of the French coast. (The French seem to like these worthless wars, routinely pushing their WE to 7%.)

franceagain.jpg

francecreek.jpg

I wrap up this section by introducing Elizabeth as my heir, and passing a statute of monopolies, promoting free trade.

elizabeththeheir.jpg

statuteofmonopolies.jpg

Congratulations on forming the Church of England and keeping the Irish "happy", good work!

With revolt risks going up...when the rebels rise up put them to the sword and be done with them. Rule with a iron fist...

Still, your navy can be key...the French may have the field...but, they will pay at sea.

On land try to find isolated French troops and take them out.

Last edited:
well , that's absolutely normal , only the english clergy was submitted , and the pope did not appreciate it!

Wow! What a gangbusters start!

Nice job starting your great empire!

Rensslaer