• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WHAR WESTERNIZATION WHAR

(thinking this might be a bug or something)

I guess you're playing 4.0 instead of the beta patch? Muslim westernization is broken in 4.0, the potential in the file lacks OR { } around the tech group requirements so it looks for a neighbor that's both western and eastern (impossible of course) instead of western or eastern.

The potential part for muslim westernization in decisions/westernisation.txt should be as follows (additions in pink):
Code:
		potential = {
			technology_group = muslim
			any_neighbor_country = {
				[COLOR="#ff00ff"]OR = {[/COLOR]
					technology_group = western
					technology_group = eastern
				[COLOR="#ff00ff"]}[/COLOR]
			}
		}

You should get the beta though, it's good. :)

FEEDBACK

Chief Ragusa -
I do not understand the war leader mechanism at all so I won't complain.

I didn't actually manage to capture any of British Norway - level 4 forts! So i've no idea as to the war score needed. That said I doubt they'll hand anything over since I can't really hurt them.

I only lost sieges in the Indian Ocean the provinces reverted to me on peace.

The Horde is always ready for war - just sometimes not as ready as we could be ;)

The Ottomans will get hit on a regular basis while they remain allied with Meissen.

And yes the TSC is going to be big.​

Enewald - To be fair the Mongols did use proper staff work so strategy isn't all wrong :)

Malurous - Hilarious war leader coming up :(

Chief Ragusa - I forgot the province hadn't been converted :eek:o

sprites - Bohemia is getting beaten like ginger stepkid!

naggy - Once you embrace the Infamy IN is fun for warmongers :D

Boris ze Spider - It will do the Pope's as hard to finish in EU3 as the Austrians were in EU2

Johan11 - I doubt my other neighbours are too much of a threat now so France time is coming soon.

Axe27 - Nearly but those allies are on the way out...

The Arch Mede - Of course, isn't that the essence of the TSC?

Chief Ragusa -
You'll notice the Khan dying - there are rebels.

The Pope might not be in Mainz too much longer...

I agree the army is too small - certainly I'll need more troops in theatre for the invasion of China.

I doubt that the Ottoman capital will move - it's sea connected and the AI prefers right culture provinces of which the Ottomans have very few.

The minors in Greece are all Sunni I won't take the stab hit to DOW if I can avoid it.​

GaiusC - The idea is to have a single province wide frontier and let them come to me. Attrition will do much of my work which will be useful as the French have close to a third of a million troops.

Malurous - I agree, the Horde's scholars have deduced that getting rid of the world will leave us nowhere to stand.

Franconian - Invasion by Algebra! God help us

Macknull - Quite

Davout - This Khan has been pretty aggresive throughout - since the last TSC was a bit of an anticlimax!

Axe27 - I'm no HttT expert but I suspect Malurous has the answer. HttT 4.0 had a bug in the Westernisation code.

SilverBiospark - Hi and welcome to the forums since this was your first post. Nice to have lured you out of lurkerdom and even better that you've been enjoying my AARs. I hope you'll stay as we're a friendly and helpful bunch - more so that most gaming forums anyway.

blsteen - Thanks!

Chapter Fifty Nine

War with Meissen - June 1672

jgrwg3.jpg

Oh dear again, the Ottomans while undoubtedly most of the enemy army aren’t even in the top three! The full alliance is Hesse, Brunswick, Bohemia, the Ottoman Empire and Meissen. Marathi’s revolt in Goa at the news.

Again this wasn’t what I was expecting; as Meissen’s ally I was expecting the Ottomans to lead.

Bohemia makes peace handing over their remaining cores as August starts. The month also brings revolts, Hungarians in Pecs and Byzantines in Edrine. The Byzantines spawn directly under a Turkish stack. I’m actually ignoring all the Turkish units and just grabbing the provinces I want for Hesse to hand over.

Come September Ottoman troops are pouring into the Balkans out of Italy while the minors are being beaten down. Protestant zealots appear in Estland. Meissen’s peaced out in October for some ducats - I’ll keep on using them as a route to the Ottomans for as long as I can. Maharashtra revolts in November. December 1672, Samarkand, Tashkent and Ferghana core. Hesse is completely occupied so it’s all about getting the right Ottoman provinces.

Peace with Brunswick - December 1672

307nifc.jpg

Peace with Hesse - December 1672

1zdlv15.jpg

Five more Sunni Turkish provinces, the Ottomans are steadily being cut down here.

To end the year I annex the Pope.

14b3gx3.jpg

As 1673 starts I buy Castile out of the war from 25 ducats. I’m +15 war score up but the blockades are hurting and there’s very little I can do to improve matters.

BB is 180.07 / -5.00

Unfortified (!) Mainz falls to rebels only two weeks after I took the province. February starts with three revolts, Delhi, Smyrna and Mecklenburg.

8th March 1673

2ljonzo.jpg

The new is an imbecile, seeing those stats I’d revolt! As you might expect the TSC doesn’t fit on one screen.

Scandinavia

317gkjq.jpg

Central Europe

jj0d9j.jpg

Eastern Mediterranean

35cpmz9.jpg

India

mrvfoz.jpg

Central Asia

2mhude9.jpg

There are also scattered rebels across Southern Arabia, the Indian Ocean isles and colonial Siberia. In total there are 142 revolts with 662,000 rebels.

Rebel Count = 1761 (+151)
Rebels = 8,762,000 (+738,000)

----------​

Whoa, I expected the TSC to be extremely big, seeing that you've taken a lot of provinces lately. But I must say that that's very impressive! :eek: In both numbers and provinces.

Good job throwing the Ottomans out of Anatolia. And, apart from Mainz being unfortified, you have a nice corridor going on at the French border.

naggy - Once you embrace the Infamy IN is fun for warmongers :D

It is indeed. Near the beginning of this AAR I got inspired to try the ol' IN - while some annoyances feel even more irritating after playing a version where they're fixed, IN does have its advantages if all you want to do is forcibly turn the map into your color quick and easy. :D Of course, you excel at taking out the "easy" part. :rofl:

Imagine now, what if the rebels could sometimes start with the fortress already taken, like they sometimes do it FTG?

In total there are 142 revolts with 662,000 rebels. + screenshots
This is awesome. You're going to have more than 15 mio rebels in 1821 at this pace. And General Attrition will have a field day when the French doomstacks come knocking on the door.

And the 3/3/3 Khan is hilarious. Way to go, Horde :D

I pity the foolish Ottomans. And will soon pity the poor French Blob ;)

SilverBiospark - Hi and welcome to the forums since this was your first post. Nice to have lured you out of lurkerdom and even better that you've been enjoying my AARs. I hope you'll stay as we're a friendly and helpful bunch - more so that most gaming forums anyway.

Yeah, I remember the grammar (grammAAR?) debate earlier on.

As for the recent TSC, I have but one thing to say:

:eek:

Looking at the C. Europe map, it looks like the Horde has run out of space for rebels, and they're spreading to France!

Also, a TSC right after you get a border with France? It's looking like Davout's comment last page is coming true.

Anatolia is yours. Stockholm was a coastal province, too. I'm guessing Serbia is culturally Turkish, by now.

Look on the bright side, that khan's bound to last 50 years. What crap stats. 662,000 rebels is a proper rebellion. Many rebels no doubt hold placards reading 'We want a fleet, now!' Perhaps you should let the pretender win. With those stats there will be many supporting revolts sprouting. Perhaps you should let some of those rebels win their sieges and see if they head off into British, Castillian and Ottoman lands.

Mainz is unfortified. That is not according to plan. Level 4 forts in Scandinavia -youd need artillery to crack them.

Guess those Castillian provinces will have to wait until you fight an Indian minor and Castille has warned the Horde or your rebels go in there and force them to become free.

Sometimes taking the stab hit is good to take down the ottomans. Whilst you have Meissen, you have less pressing need to do so and can force release quite a few states with 100% warscore from the Ottomans.

Malurous: Thank you very much. I can't update because I can't find a legitimate link to the April 29th 4.1B patch.

Ah, I see now that you don't have EU III base game or Complete registered - you need one of those to see the Tech Support subforum (that's where you can get the patch).

Anyway, you're welcome. :)

I guess that makes 3 rebels for every soldier to kill. That's really cheap. Spartans had ten times more slaves than themselves and they survived (well, for some time). So you sissies stop complainin'! :p
Vesimir said:
SPARTA.jpg

OK, I guess even them Spartans would surrender if some whack ass half-a-satanic failure would lead them.

Jolly good show!

*Whew* Finally got caught up on this most interesting AAR.

A 3/3/3 Crappy Khan that will no doubt lead the charge in the upcoming wars will surely spice things up a bit. Very impressive TSC! 2/3rds of a million rebels is staggering. :rofl:

Now, you are ready to take on France for the final showdown for domination of the world. The Big Beige Blob versus the Big Bleu Blob.

Wow, GH on very hard and tribal is like playing Victoria II. Lots of nice mass revolts.

Looks like you might finally loose something to rebels around Kashmir. Goes to show you how forgiving the game is, that when you give yourself all these handicaps that its basically impossible for you to really loose a war, if you play your cards alright.

The most sound defeat I've ever had was my very first major game, playing as Ansbach. I annexed all of Germany and pushed myself way over the BB limit. The mega blobs, Poland and France, joined forces and decimated my country. They forced me to release a ton of states in Germany. Even then, I was confident that I could regain my lost land in time. The only real defeats in this game are morale blows. You can either get discouraged and give up (lose), or keep playing (win).

After this round of rebels, my guess is we will see Mega Albania in Ottoman Hungary/Serbia. Maybe see some weird stuff like Brandenburg in Hesse. Looks like the French are already getting some of your extra Papal revolters.