• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chapter Fifty Seven

The immediate consequence of the war is that Sunni OPM Khorasan sends me a warning. Excellent from my point of view as I now get to annex another Muslim country without taking a stab hit to do it.

Late in May 1661

ruogsk.jpg

How very strange but OK let’s try it. Sunni OPM Malwa warns me at the start of June.

Castile breaks the alliance in early July. Teuton nationalists also revolt in Ostpreussen and Lublin converts as August ends. Khorasanis revolt in Kabulistan and Kohistan over the summer. Mazovians revolt in Sieradz in October and there’s a Czech revolt in Moravia towards the end of the year.

War with Hungary - January 1662

i74ll5.jpg

I’m at war with Bohemia, Sweden, Hungary, Albania, Poland, Luneburg, Milan, Tuscany, Khorasan, Mongol Khanate and Malwa.

So war aims…

The easy ones are Albania, Milan and Tuscany I can’t get to them so white peace if offered is fine. Poland, Khorasan and Malwa are annexable OPMs. Luneburg and the Mongol Khanate are two province minors so they may end the war as OPMs. I suspect Hungary will be good for just war score although I might take one province and do some border engineering; Sweden and Bohemia will be about getting what I can.

Malwa is annexed at the end of February even as Bohemia’s armies pour eastwards.

March sees Khorasan annexed and the Mongol Horde OPMd. The screenshot shows some of the ongoing chaos that is China; it‘s worse further south. It’s been like this for decades.

21bjoh.jpg

Rajputs revolt in Ajmer at the news. A few weeks after the last screenshot the Ming/Annamese war finally comes to a close with a white peace (Annam is occupied by Khmer). Ming can start on the long path to recovery (currently -2 stab, 13 WE and techs still about level 8) - whether they finish recovering is another matter entirely…

Peace with Hungary - June 1662

xcp5ea.jpg

I’ve split Hungary into two here and I’m going to fund Austrian patriots in Ostmarch - hopefully they’ll defect to Austria and leave Hungary an OPM. After that I’m interested in vassalising Austria so that I can use their territory in wars with France. The green to the south of Austria is my vassal Croatia. Mongol patriots in Kuruk Tag disapprove. I explain Mongol patriotism had best express itself through loyalty to the Tartar cause.

Peace with Poland - August 1662

20kvbqo.jpg

Poland is annexed. You can also see the Austrian patriots in Ostmarch and Horde troops invading Denmark (Hi Johan11) via Northern Germany. Other than that it’s mainly Bohemia eating attrition in the scorched borderlands.

Peace with Sweden - October 1662

qwzjic.jpg

With 36 war score against Sweden and the Swedish army stuck in a siege around the walls of Riga I can get a 46 war score peace - the Swedish COT of Skane. This deal is predictably unpopular with three revolts days later; Mongols in Uighuristan, Arabs in Al Karak and Marathis in Konkan.

Battles with Bohemia are proving interesting. My Cavalry are shredding theirs but the Maurician infantry rip my troops to shreds. Battles keep resolving with the last troops standing as a core of Bohemian infantry regiments.

Catholic zealots rise in Vilna as November starts. Elsewhere Bohemia is starting to look a little ragged; despite holding five of my provinces to nil their war exhaustion is climbing steadily. Khorasanis revolt in the newly captured Gharchistan.

January 1663 starts with an Arab revolt on Socotra and Kiev converts at the end of the month.

Peace with Luneburg - March 1663

209odhy.jpg

There are nationalist revolts in Brandenburg and Transylvania. I still haven’t taken any land from Bohemia but war score is +24 and their war exhaustion is over 9. Around the end of 1662 I started counterattacking and was able to hunt and destroy several depleted Bohemian assault stacks. Brandenburgers revolt in Neumark the next month.

Milan and Tuscany are white peaced at the end of April. Looking at the war screen the Bohemians are down to barely 10000 men. I start to move troops into Bohemian territory.

OPM Mecklenburg sends a warning in the middle of May and Udiapur converts.

Bohemia’s resistance collapses in June and Horde assaults carry six or seven fortresses. Nonetheless the misguided continue to walk the earth, Punjabi nationalists in Lahore and Turkish patriots in Bulgaria. There’s another Marathi revolt in Konkan in July - war score is +68 by then. German minor Hesse also sends a warning.

Kurlander nationalists revolt in October, nearly as odd as those Knights and Teuton nationalists!

Peace with Bohemia - December 1663

zltbhl.jpg

That’s Bohemia deeply wounded, soon be time to kick’em again cos they’re down.

Post War Central Europe

igb7dv.jpg

War exhaustion had crept up towards 2.3 so I’ll let it cool off for a few months. Viborg celebrates by converting - Finland is now completely Sunni.

January 1664 sees a couple of new revolts, Tibetans in Ladakh and Chagatai in Dzungaria. It’s then quiet until April when there’s yet another Marathi revolt in Konkan and Saxons rise in Leipzig. Khorasanis rebel in Badakhshan a little later. Hungarians revolt in Partium and Punjabis in Lahore in the summer. By September it’s once more time for a war, again aimed at Bohemia.

War with Magdeburg

snz96h.jpg

It’s going badly for Bohemia, they aren’t even war leader here. The full enemy alliance is Hesse, Bohema and the OPMs Magdeburg, Mecklenburg and Luneburg.

The war’s going well - Bohemia is being torn to pieces by rebels so I may just concentrate on knocking out Bohemia’s army and let the rebs do the rest. The news is so exciting culturally Russian Kostroma converts to Tartar!

Magdeburg is peaced out for 584 ducats, I’ll annex them next time. The Mongols of Uighuristan are shocked by this development and revolt.

Luneburg and Mecklenburg are both stormed and annexed in early November. My colonist rate is now up to 0.5 a year - all through coastal COTs; as soon as Bourbon finishes I‘ll switch back to the push for the Pacific. Buddhist minor and colour thief Arakan sends a warning at the end of the month, good.

Minsk converts in December.

OPM Holstein sends a warning in January 1665 even as I close in on the last Hessian and Bohemian forces. Ukrainians rise in Ruthenia. March brings uprisings in Pressburg and Agra. Czech patriots rise in Erz towards the end of April.

Peace with Bohemia - April 1665

2944cvb.jpg

That’s a nice bit of rebel trouble the Bohemians have - most of the country is culturally Bavarian so they may get some nasty defections…

Peace with Hesse was made days later for 2500 ducats.

BB is now 138.29 / -5.00

Kachinsk cores in May. Bohemia broke as May started with all six Bavarian provinces forming a large Wurttemberg.

102qonm.jpg

Yes Bohemia is now a two province non-entity. A couple of days later Austria declares war.

28k3c5f.jpg

Holland and Utrecht both dishonour the alliance. Lahore converts in October and Breslau revolts (Czech patriots). Gakwari rebels hit Baroda a month later

1666 starts with a Wallachian nationalist revolt in Wallachia. I’m just waiting for a siege to complete in Sopron. Novgorod cavalry got there first so I can’t assault.

Peace with Austria - February 1666

2va14r6.jpg

I’ve now got my ‘safe retreat’ territory against France.

Some decades ago the Ottomans forced Poland to release OPM Meissen. I’ve ignored Meissen to now as protected by both the Imperial Bohemians and the Ottomans I’d have a hell of a fight. But now given the depths to which Bohemia has fallen they are just easy war score to count against the still formidable Ottomans.

1zw14d2.jpg

This is a stab hit free war against the Ottomans with the minors for war score - none of them will get separate peace deals. I’d only take land off a Muslim state as those wars cost me stability to start.

Rebel Count = 1578 (+35)
Rebels = 7,848,000 (+179,000)

----------​

Though the Horde is unstoppable, I have to say that your annihilation of Bohemia is pretty impressive and very well done. as the ongoing, yet slower, destruction of the Ottomans :)

Any chance you'll use spy to incite revolt in Ostmarch, to be able to annex a newly-OPMed Hungary?

By the way, is it just me or are you tempting the French to come and grab Sudety (and/or Ostmarch), creating some poor OPM and a common border, at long last?
Speaking of France, well done with both Croatia and Austria as vassals - yet not allies -, which provides you with many border provinces where you'll be able to freely retreat and recover.
If I add to this how well you carved Central Europe recently, I think the first war against France might be less tough and atrocious (though obviously victorious) than I expected it to be ;)

How is the French inflation going? Is it steady at 16% or rising out of control? What units are the French using? Are they updating their troops properly or are you about to catch them with out of date troops like the Bohemians?

Spain has a nasty neighbour that has just beaten it up and there is a powerful horde the other side of that neighbour. Due to your negative BB limit they also have +200 relations with you. Why would they not want an alliance?

The peasants of Marseille will soon need a new song

Alas enfants de la patrie
L'Horde d'Or est arrive

That's pretty much the end of Bohemia... And Christian central Europe.

I think the Ming spiral has been corrected in HttT, now it just collapses, maybe lose some land, but the stab is returned to +3 and the WE wiped out.

How many troops did Bohemia have at the beginning of that update? I ask because it's a good indication of how much trouble France will give you when the war starts.

I like the way you've been carefully carving your border to within one province of France. Where will the dam break?

Just to know. What are the fort lvl in central Europe right now and what about in France proper ? Up to what level do you storm and with how many troops ? I've notice that the AI is keen at storming even lvl 3 forts and basically succeed the first time (where I failed obviously even with the same number of troops and a good general:wacko:) but then WE increases so much...

You're carving into Germany nicely. :D Considerate of the minors to help you out by warning you.

Bohemia indeed was extremely vulnerable. From an entirely respectable HRE to a TPM in less than three years? :eek:

The cunning plan for Ostmarch seems to have failed for now though - are you going to try again? But well engineered Central Europe. Well enough in fact that with a couple more vassals you could strike at France the dastardly way: not opening a border and picking weak spots via infiltrate administration. But I guess you'll want them to get attrition, and I assume that would be un-Hordelike, as well. :D

This is a stab hit free war against the Ottomans with the minors for war score - none of them will get separate peace deals. I’d only take land off a Muslim state as those wars cost me stability to start.

I would say - if you will win the war with ottomans easily then you could to do separate peace deals, as their warscore will be not so important if you will just beat the ottomans.

The dismantling of Bohemia was a tactical triumph but I am not sure if it was a wise move strategically. The Czechs essentially guarded the gateway between you and the French. The French AI would not have been as adept as you in taking Bohemia on so that they would have run up casualties and war exhastion. Now, Bohemia has been broken up into nice bite size pieces with most of the pieces on the French side of the Iron Curtain which has descended from Stettin on the Baltic to Trieste on the Adriatic. I don't expect France will take long in deciding to assimilate the 2 new Dutch OPM's and the People's Democratic Republic of Wurtemburg.

The Turks certainly look ripe for the pillaging. Even a TSC won't save them.

Also bravo to Malorous for a masterful emu. Wel played, sir.

Gee, leave for a while, and suddenly, you're only converting Finland and invading Bohemia. I expected you to be in Spain by now...

Iron Curtain which has descended from Stettin on the Baltic to Trieste on the Adriatic. I don't expect France will take long in deciding to assimilate the 2 new Dutch OPM's and the People's Democratic Republic of Wurtemburg.
:rofl:

That war with France is going to be brutal! Chances are you will have to dow them 5 or more times to crush them and drive them out of Germany.

good handling of Bohemia , you now get some small minor enclaves in Europe ... and some very long list of rebels for the next TSC!
the goal is now to snatch Alexandria from the ottomans? :D

You've destroyed Poland, reduced Bohemia to a two PM. Good grab of Skane.
I am surprised you haven't created a CoT in Zanzibar to help with colonists.

Now, I sense you're about to embark on a series of wars against the Ottomans.
First grab Alexandria, next two provinces to try to force the Ottomans to shift capitals. By which time, revolts ought to be breaking out all over Italy and other parts of the Ottoman empire. Then grab Thrace, create CoT and get even more of a colonist.

I think you'll be doing your bit to keep the Ming from ever getting stable.

The alliance with Castille bodes well for wars again France -when the you have a frontier with them. No that you're going to let Castille keep those Indian provinces.

You've destroyed Poland, reduced Bohemia to a two PM. Good grab of Skane.
I am surprised you haven't created a CoT in Zanzibar to help with colonists.

Now, I sense you're about to embark on a series of wars against the Ottomans.
First grab Alexandria, next two provinces to try to force the Ottomans to shift capitals. By which time, revolts ought to be breaking out all over Italy and other parts of the Ottoman empire. Then grab Thrace, create CoT and get even more of a colonist.

I think you'll be doing your bit to keep the Ming from ever getting stable.

The alliance with Castille bodes well for wars again France -when the you have a frontier with them. No that you're going to let Castille keep those Indian provinces.

I believe castille broke the alliance