• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Noirin - I wouldn't modernise the units. That's nothing to do with this game I just don't like the idea it seems to make every country into a western european clone. I'd rather high tech level units in the non-Latin culture groups were stronger.
I agree, and that way westernizing would have solved also the problem of having much weaker units (if high land tech granted almost european-level armies).

But actually, I wanted to go beyond that.
See, I think you shouldn't have westernized, because it doesn't really fit. In these 180 years you have demonstrated how everything is manageable, be it TSCs, random rebels, random dows, bb wars, or other pile ups. All this together has just delayed your conquests.
So why westernize and make the endgame of this impressive and amazing achievement like every other game's endgame? In 100 years you will be unstoppable; wouldn't it have been more fun and much more remarkable to go on without westernization? :D

Alas, when you started the AAR it was already too late, as you had already planned and built your strategy around westernization.

Maybe another time, maybe with another game.

By the end of August Bohemia has destroyed the entire Hungarian Army. Looking carefully Bohemia appears to be some sort of killing machine with four military NIs and Land 21. To be fair they do border France.
Well, it's a matter of survival with France. Then, this Bohemia is quite impressive and ominous for any other country.

Merchants would be so un-hordy, tsk tsk...

Like Chief Ragusa, I expected strong Hungary and a crushed Poland. Looks like the Poles decided to stay quiet letting neighbours tear each others apart.

See, I think you shouldn't have westernized, because it doesn't really fit. In these 180 years you have demonstrated how everything is manageable, be it TSCs, random rebels, random dows, bb wars, or other pile ups. All this together has just delayed your conquests.
For now. Each decace, he was losing ground in the tech run. I mean, even in the Muslim group, he was lagging. By 1700, not only Lithuania but even Ottomans would've butchered his biggest stacks with a few thousands troops. I don't think he had any choice, unless he wanted to actually lost most of his conquests by the end of the game.

Latin tech Mongols are always fun. :D

Oh dear, why not vassalize Lithuania?
they get always overrun. It does not make sense to fight back any more, for them. Why just not surrender the entire state? :p

Johan11 - As long as it's not a Romantic Comedy...

No. It's worse, but if I tell what it is, I'm afraid I'll be the laughing stock of this forum forever after.

You may however guess.

No. It's worse, but if I tell what it is, I'm afraid I'll be the laughing stock of this forum forever after.

You may however guess.

Something that will be released in around a week?

Hmmmm.... I'm guessing you're a strategy nerd and that the thing you're waiting for is Civilization V.

But that isn't anything to be ashamed off....

Last edited:
Something that will be released in around a week?

Hmmmm.... I'm guessing you're a strategy nerd and that the thing you're waiting for is Civilization V.

But that isn't anything to be ashamed off....

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Not seriously, theres even a thread about it the OT...

From what he said, it's something released 17 or 18th Sept. and Civ5 seems to be released on 21st...

I say this looks pretty much on track for a total WC :D

Then again virtually anything is interesting after five years of getting a pop-up for rebels, locating the nearest available force, way pointing a route and waiting for the battle result. Indeed the situation was so bad I contemplated sending merchants.

:eek: That's the slippery slope to perdition, if you start sending merchants we'll soon find the khan in the garden centre every Sunday... :rofl:

Each decace, he was losing ground in the tech run. I mean, even in the Muslim group, he was lagging. By 1700, not only Lithuania but even Ottomans would've butchered his biggest stacks with a few thousands troops. I don't think he had any choice, unless he wanted to actually lost most of his conquests by the end of the game.
What good are Trade and Naval tech to him? I think he could also completely ignore Production now.
He lagged because he had to invest heavily in Production and Government at the beginning, now he can just put everything into Land (and whatever is left into Gov): at 80% research speed he should be able to keep the europeans' pace, even if most of his provinces are rather rubbish.

It seems to make sense, unless I have missed something crucial.

The 50% tech penalty because he's a die-hard Tribal khan :D
Full land is probably the only way he can keep being competitive in his own tech group on one tech ;)

The 50% tech penalty because he's a die-hard Tribal khan :D
Full land is probably the only way he can keep being competitive in his own tech group on one tech ;)
:eek:o Uhm, ok, this is a rather good point.

So am I the only one who thinks PrawnStar could have expanded and defeated France at least once without westernizing and investing only in Land?

:eek:o Uhm, ok, this is a rather good point.

So am I the only one who thinks PrawnStar could have expanded and defeated France at least once without westernizing and investing only in Land?

Not really, even though Prawnstars ablities surpass every EU3 player, there s still now way to defeat the BBB

No offence to Prawnstar, but you guys are too focused on him!

He's a great EU player, but just because you all know he's good, doesn't mean he's the best!

Have you ever looked at the other languages here, or other forums, or are you basing your image of an awesome EU player purely on the English Paradox Forums?

And it's not like you have to look that far! Kebzero on these here EU3 forums managed to conquer the whole world as the Ming, and then convert the whole world to one religion AND one culture! And I wonder how many of you even know who I'm talking about.

Once again, no offence to you Prawnstar, but it really annoys me that you're considered a demi-god just because.

EDIT : Sorry for the rant but I want to make this clear. I'm annoyed by people that make their minds after seeing one argument instead of looking at them all. I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

Last edited: