• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reload, you wouldn't have the same thrill with all the Deccan's lands.

You're still not going to take CAD are you? PoA? And you won't stop complaining that its 30 years to regain a stab point.When you've got massive revolts and pretenders arising everywhere you look, you might think differently. True with the Khan's you get negative BB is your usual state of affairs. War comes to you without any help. How much chipping of Hungary do you have to do to make it a vassal?

You've expresssed your hope for France, let's hope it shares your opinion.

You keep getting out of wars with Lithuania cheaply. May your luck hold. By next time both Iraq and Nogai will be vassasls again. To be released again.

The Ottomans are stomping over the Mamluks. Neat withdrawal from the Bank of Timur. You're building a sizeable treasury for the westernizations.

Of course you'd get the girl, she's worth it but the Deccanate just don't dress Horde.

3 years to Land 11. 5 years to a slider move? Anyone interesting the adviser pool? You've had quite a long lived Khan, sorry, Caliph. It's time for a TSC.

Then time for ice cold in Alex.

is that ... Venice in africa?
the timurids have weackened , they are a rich trading ation now !
and Deccan would give you some nice rebellions when the time for westernization will be on the horde :D
globally this has been a calm update

4udzs8.jpg

By way of comparison this is where a vassal based strategy (at normal difficulty) has got my Horde to in 1553.

vxhcy.jpg

European colonization is quite slow in Africa, at the moment. Castillian Congo and a couple of French colonies.
I guess Portugal, and to a lesser extent others, are busy in America :)

I hope the Mamluks still had a few manpower left when you peaced them out, otherwise the Ottomans will roll over them, and strengthening Ottomans is far more annoying than keeping Mamluks intact, right now.
The same way, carving up Lithuania between you and Poland, reinforcing a bit Poland against France, would be a nice outcome - though I don't see how it could be done.

These France and Ming look really nice. Not yet the biggest I've seen in IN, but then the biggest I've seen had more than 150 years of gameplay to expand. Deccan is quite a monster too.
Still, I wouldn't reload if I inherited Deccan. After all, you didn't try to be gamey, you're not in HTTT where it's quite easier to get PU and inherit, you're just doing it as self-defense mechanism, to keep the peace longer. If you inherit, it's just good luck - and it would mean a nice war against Ming pretty soon :D

BTW, nicely done, to pick Damascus. You now border Jerusalem, which would be nice go get in the next war ;)

is that ... Venice in africa?
I think it's Tripoli, actually.

Shame Morea is in there but I could try and grab the Mines (Ed: Wrong Moria :rolleyes:).

A Balrog has arisen in Morea
The event 'Fly you fools' has happened to us.

anweRU - I laugh in the face of your +3 revolt risk.

I call your bluff and raise by another three points!

Wait, wrong game....

I'd keep Deccan and keep on playing. What are the chances that you would inherit anyway?

I never even got a PU in In Nomine, and stopped using royal marriages in my IN games. Quite different in HTTT, I've actually gotten a lot of PUs and inheritances in HTTT games, without forcing the issue.

Good peace deals, you're able to keep the right course even in suboptimal situations.

The Moscow core is huge.

The fight for Damascus was definitely worthwhile, it's a wealthy province (mind you, it'll be another rebel factory for 50 years).

Lithuania has just upgraded to level 2 fortresses across much of the country.

Glad to see the AI is using the money wisely, that should be the point of VH difficulty anyway; it's really annoying when some countries just hoard money instead of upgrading infrastructure.

'Prince of Persia'?

Nah, you are not going to use the magic dagger to go back in time and mend your errors... the AI, on the other hand, will use CTDs if it can :rolleyes:

Yes, it can be a rude shock some times after beating up the Nogaists and Mamelukes to be brought back to the harsh reality of the growing tech imbalance in the West. At this rate the Horde will begin migrating further and further East to retrace its steppes.

Question: What is the correct Middle Mongolian naming convention for new settlement i.e. the Horde’s equivalent of ville, stadt or grad.

I am pretty sure it ends in -mir.

Looks to me like the Lithuania, Hungary, Bohemia and Mecklenberg alliance is designed to partition Poland. Doesn't look like Poland will be around long enough to partition Lithuania with the Horde.

Hungary may even extinguish Austria. Have to concede that it is a good bulwark against France, the size it is and that reducing it to a size where it could be a vassal would take more forces than the Horde currently has.

The turks look to have taken a couple of Neapolitan provinces. A turkish southern Italy would not be a good thing -for the French. The Horde has removed the northern threat to Anatolia from the Malmuks. The turks will look to unite their north african possessions, I think. The Horde may win the race to Alexandria, but they do seem second favourites. The Mamluks now appear to be the Horde's main victim, like Persia was before.

FEEDBACK

tuore - Yes it's Castile in the Congo

Vesimir - It would turn into a WC attempt if I inherited Deccan what else could I do? Deccan is only a couple of provinces from Ming so that may prove interesting...

dinofs - I'm concerned about Deccan that's not a war I want before westernisation.

Johan11 - I hope not Leicester's nearly 40% Indian!

The Arch Mede - Good thinking but it was against Khorasan - Deccan borders every province.

I am slowly raising troop levels up towards ~100 regiments of a ~175 limit.

The problem is Shock agreed - I'm getting battered by East European cavalry most other stuff I can stand against although the tech gap is :eek:

Someday, in some utopia, there won't be any Nogai to release...
Dreamer :rofl:

Johan11 - Yes Deccan didn't decline because of lack of knowledge of the enemy.

The Arch Mede - With my ability to misunderstand women that's probably what would happen :rofl:

Chief Ragusa - That's a good point about a potential Deccan inheritance. You're right I'm just going to live through the pain when I westernise, if I've a good enough Khan I should do the two rounds in about 20 years. Lithuania and the Ottomans are both growing. Hungary has a bad day at the office. VH favours blobs as they can afford the armies to hold them together.

sprites - Big Songhai in Africa Venice is dead. Timurids just sit collecting money at Samarkand too weak to do much else. Useful bank when I get the chance.

The Arch Mede - Wow that looks like a fun game! The vassals are obviouly worth it I guess it's just not my playstyle. Allying Novgorod is a bit weird, most European attacks head straight there.

GaiusC - The Americas are starting to fill up. You'll see what happens to the Mamluks - your fears are well founded :eek:

esk1m0 - Bohemia would be interesting, lots of options not many easy.

I'm curious about who got the lucky nation tags... obviously France... who else?
The Horde ;)

Vesimir - No idea, I used to check things like that but now I mainly just play to the map

Dewirix - :rofl:

anweRU - Good points, it wouldn't be deliberate and I doubt it will happen.

Malurous - Moscow coring is nice and I'm happy I haven't had to sacrifice anything really serious in a peae deal.

aldriq - Should have known you'd appreciate Damascus!

IN VH normally sees massive European industrialisation - manufactories everywhere (the Ottomans have built 5 already).

Davout - At the moment South into the Middle East is the only safe direction. West is too high tech East are the giants of Deccan and Ming.

Chief Ragusa - Good spot - Poland does get jumped by that alliance. Yes South is the most likely direction for me.

blsteen - We're due a Horse (falling off) incident...

Chapter Thirty Three

The Ottoman / Mamluk war ends mid summer with the Ottomans taking the Mamluk enclave in northern Anatolia, Diamientia near the Nile Delta and Alexandria! That’s the Mamluks in serious trouble now; while they have a lot of provinces they don’t have many high value ones.

Muscovite nationalists revolt in Vologda in July. February 1551 brings an Iraqi revolt in Iraq-i-Arab.

May 1551 and I reach Land 11 getting new units; they’re better but not great.

Cavalry

dwthty.jpg

Infantry

21j3ivs.jpg

Poltava cores in February 1552. Later in the year I get a boundary dispute event on Kerey, the northernmost province of my vassal Kazakh. I won’t act on this unless Kazakh breaks vassalage somewhere down the line. There’s another rebellion in Vologda in June and also in Fars later in the year.

April 1553 and the province of Georgia culturally assimilates. It’s Tartar now rather than Georgian. This removes the non-accepted culture penalties of +1 revolt risk and -30% tax. Vologda revolts again in the summer.

Gilan converts in February 1554. I’ve been converting my way south through the Caucasus and into the Persian lands.

Religion in the Southern Horde - 1554

ibhtp4.jpg

Persian patriots rise in Dash-i-Lut in July 1554. This year’s Muscovite revolt is in Ustyug in December. Tver revolts in March 1555, as usual Muscovite nationalists.

May 1555 and I get to move another point centralised – I’m now centralised enough to westernise. I do get a Pretender revolt in Azerbaijan as a consequence.

However, I get to pass the Militia Act with its very desirable +6 discipline and slider moves Centralised and Quantity. This moves me one point more Centralised than I need to be so that means I can diploannex someone…

5cm88o.jpg

So that’s five more uncored unfortified provinces but the alternative was Kazakh and that would have given me a border with Ming…

Post Khiva Sliders

10fw8i8.jpg

Westernisation requirements

2d11ngg.jpg

One more move Innovative to go; let’s hope I have a good Khan in 1572.

Beloozero revolts in September.

The Ottomans also thump Hungary and Naples

212eedw.jpg

Scary, I’d really like them to get into another war in the West say with France or Castile. They have cores on me and the Kaffa mission is back so I can expect problems.

Persian patriots rise in Ajam as the year ends. Deccan drags me into a war against Hindu OPM Orissa in the summer of 1556 and I’m also throwing diplomats at the Ottomans to bribe up relations. I don’t expect it to work but why not try.

September 1556 brings revolts in Damascus (Syrian nationalists) and Hamadan (Shiite zealots). Hamadan converts 2 days later :rofl:

Continued colonial problems…

34h9irq.jpg

I’m 1 from 4 on colonies now (April 1557); sacking form in a Premiership Manager.

May 1557 brings the first Khivan revolt in Atak. Orthodox zealots rise in Trebizond weeks later. March 1558 Mazandaran and Ajam core. I’m hoping that I might get Persian as an accepted culture.

17th November 1558

mrv0q0.jpg

This guy isn’t good enough to westernise (Admin 5 when I need Admin 6). He’ll be leading from the front which is a shame because his other stats are good. That might not work he’s a Shock 6 general!

The Tribal Succession Crisis

2lntzr9.jpg

Twenty seven revolts totalling 130,000 unhappy bunnies. Notice the uprising in my colony of Pegaya Orda.

Rebel Count = 602 (+42)
Rebels = 3,220,000 (+213,000)

----------​

Not to help France - to vassalize people they thump. :)

Nationalist? GH Nationalists revolting against GH? :confused:
Good point bit weird so I've just checked Pegaya Orda has a peasant uprising. I was expecting Kazani or Astrakhani nationalists.