• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seems like a TSC and English invasion are both overdue...

Anyway what's happened to your Japan WWM AAR?

I had to reinstall EUIII, now the WWM won't install :( I'll return to it when I find the patience to make it work *glowers at computer* but in the meantime I have just finished an Armenia game and am currently writing it up.

Whoa, what an update! :D Those were action-packed years to put it lightly. Well done to get out of it with actual gains.

The southern front sure looks better with those added provinces. ;)

in the meantime I have just finished an Armenia game and am currently writing it up.

This is good to hear!

If only we could get more useful statistics...

# of rebels killed by you
# of rebels killed by invaders
# of rebels killed by attrition
# of your men killed by rebels
# of invaders killed by rebels

You did a pretty good job there, despite the huge WE. Will accepting Russian culture lower rebellions significantly in your Russian provinces?

BTW, I'll be in Leicester over the weekend for the Summer Sundae. The festival is more on the folksy side and less on the rocky side than I expected, so I'm sure I'll have a few afternoon gaps to fill up... Any recommendations on things to see in town? (oh, and places to eat?) :)

Even without a TSC never a dull moment, at least as long as everybody hates you. You should get rid of them they deserve it and maybe you new neighbors are more friedly. And if not get rid of them as well. :D Such minor issues like war exhaustion surley won't stop the Horde. The Khan falling of his horse might though...

My reactions as I read that update:

- Halfway through, This is not looking good for our hero. Then I remembered who the hero was, so I figured it would all turn out for the best in the end.
- What the hell is going on in Western Europe that everyone has the time, money and men to waste on continually invading the Steppes? Don't you people have better things to do? Papacy or HRE ,anyone?
- Even I would push the Khan off his horse after that terrible pun at the end.

Good work on building up the cores. A juicy centre of mostly loyal subjects with a bitter rind of future rebels.

Several long, bloody struggles, but were they worth it?

Given your still tribal, how far behind everyone's tech level are you? I'd dread some of the losses in big clashes (Which you do appear to be most adept at avoiding :))

Awesome. My favorite quote so far:

The new war celebrations get out of hand in Orel and Bryansk with predictable consequences.

So your strategy is to be the bleeding eye of a raging storm of revolts, eating away at peace and civilization, for ever? Gengiz and Timur would be tangoing naked in the steppes from joy.

Your rebel count remember me of the body count from the movie "Hot Shots". You should eventually claim some record, like "bloodiest AAR ever" or something.

FEEDBACK

naggy - military tradition is the one thing I'm good for. Fighting rebels might not give war exhaustion or prestige but it does give tradition (at least in this version)

sprites - The rebels are a real pain. I'm constantly chasing rebel armies and trying to reclaim provinces. The WE does cause a few bad things to happen as well as a lot of inflation.

anweRU - You're right I don't need a TSC but with a 21 year Khan I'm going to get one :eek:

morningSIDEr - I assume the DOWs pour in because my war capacity is very low all the time.

GaiusC - In this patch one point of war exhaustion = one point of revolt risk. 18.26 WE means + 18.3 RR in every province. Revolt risk reduces tax...

Wolfhashat - Persia's had a funny few years they made a couple of gains when ganged but they lost them again - Persia's war exhaustion is still over 14 a couple of years later so they won't be a threat for a while.

Keinwyn - Funny you should say that...

Good to see you updating 'Shogun' :D

Malurous - I was determined I was going to get something out of all that! Kartli and Armenia really do make the frontier look better. Savour that picture it doesn't last (yes that is foreshadowing...)

naggy - I believe, Sir, you have the soul of an accountant! :p

Just keeping track of all the rebels is painful enough - I tab into Word and write down the details as each uprising occurs.

Oberkommando des Hordes sounds quite epic! :cool:

Glad someone spotted that - I had OKW in 'Audacity' but this OKH works well especially IIRC the Mongols were one of the few pre-modern armies to actually have a Staff function.

aldriq - Accepted culture is just a +1 improvement on revolt risk but it's good for manpower and tax as the non accepted penalty is -30%.

Summer Sundae - I always forget about it :eek:o

De Montfort is ten minutes from the town centre and Leicester's got all the usual stuff. I'm not of the opinion that there's anything particularly special there but I'm a miserable git :)

There's a large park next to the Hall and down the hill towards the Railway Station (on the way into the town centre) there's a group of curry houses - some are straightforwardly expensive but they tend to be pretty good.

Donfodio - I like the idea of new neighbours since this lot don't like me. But if I'm honest it's not them it's me :rofl:

Davout - I have no idea why the western Europeans are quite so keen on attacking me instead of more local stuff. Castile at least gets distracted in the near future. I've actually got a pretty high percentage of cores at the moment - something that will improve in the short term as I can't see me launching any wars with all this WE.

Angry_Norway - Not sure about tech - although the Ottomans are building Workshops. I want to westernise if I can although that's probably a century away.

I intend to fight by letting attrition chew up enemy forces - only Lithuania is a real problem there as they can invade a large part of my empire without difficulty.

blsteen - I really can't do much about the western europeans as i can't reach their homelands to hurt them. Also I can't risk moving troops that far from home.

Herbert - The plan is a new Mongol empire but it's not all going to plan!

Chapter Twenty One

As 1477 starts I’m at peace but I have 18 points of war exhaustion – which would take a decade to clear in ideal circumstances. This would be a slow motion TSC. However, my Khan has been in the saddle 21 years so I expect I’ll have a TSC sooner rather than later. Revolt risk in my capital is 14% so tax revenue is appalling and I’m going to have to mint – probably three to four months a year. I’ve four rebel occupied provinces and ten revolts at the moment.

Tver revolts in January (Yaroslavl Nationalists)

Kaffa revolts in February (Greek Nationalists)

Idnakar revolts in March (Peasants)

Samara revolts in April (Peasants) as does Ryazan (Yaroslavl Nationalists)

Vyazam revolts in May (Orthodox Zealots)

Simbirsk (Peasants) and Archangelsk (Orthodox Zealots) revolt in July

Hungary sends a warning in August 1477. I really hope this doesn’t bring a DOW anytime soon as I’m losing provinces faster to the peasants than I can wipe out rebels.

Oops – 4th October 1477

65bqtt.jpg

I already have war exhaustion of 16.39 at the moment. At least this guy is military 8 so I should get a badboy limit.

To avoid confusing Tribal Succession Crisis rebels with devastating war exhaustion rebels I already had six occupied provinces and nine rebel armies.

The Tribal Succession Crisis

15n0h6w.jpg

It could be worse I guess all those cores over the last few years have helped. Of course the extra 10% revolt risk for the next two years will be the real killer.

Right culture, right religion cored provinces are at 22.4 revolt risk. Kartli, the worst province, is 40.1.

The only plan I have right now is to ignore the Greek nationalists and let them eventually wander off into Ottoman territory.

The North

33ues78.jpg

The East

2n0sk8w.jpg

The South

abpe02.jpg

Rebel Count = 292 (+24)
Rebels = 1,490,000 (+137,000)

----------​

Shouldn't you wish for someone to declare war on you and kill your rebels for you? :rofl:

Congratulations on nearly taking Russia's place, though.

aaahh, Rebels, the best defence against infidel & non-infidel invaders alike...since 1399:D

Well, at least this is probably a good time to have a BB limit!

naggy - I believe, Sir, you have the soul of an accountant! :p

Haha, am I the only Dilbert fan around here who's now picturing naggy as an accounting troll? :D

Haha, am I the only Dilbert fan around here who's now picturing naggy as an accounting troll? :D

I'm a software tester. Even more evil. :)

40.1 RR...is that a record? Should that be in the EU3 HOF?

It says a lot about this game that 137,000 rebels seems like a quiet update.

Holy smokes! What a TSC!
:eek: