• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FEEDBACK

dinofs - Welcome on board :)

morningSIDEr - Big tribal nations are more fun and the idea is to have a game that stays interesting rather than just working out from starting setup.

dsb3232 - Definitely a walk in the park, just there's a protest rally in the corner!

PrawnStar, you crazy motherfucker.

Thanks.

no7892142 - Lets hope its worth it

Kapt Torbjorn - Welcome

Dafool - I'll try and keep your interest

Greedo - This is probably going to be in the same style as my other AARs

anweRU - I'd have to get around to buying HttT and my money keeps disappearing on things like several tons of decorative gravel - seriously I spent £300 on gravel, paving slabs and plant pots last month - or as I like to think of it two graphics cards.

Still, you'll have what, a negative badboy limit half the time?

Yes, that's the answer and a test game showed that giving the whole world a CB from the start isn't entirely comfortable...

I trust cerimonial dances are in order, followed by a cerimonial pillaging, with a grand finale of a cermonial large revolt, yes?

There will be no ceremonial dancing. In the words of my girlfriend 'You dance like a twat'.

MizarNX - Hi

spock2 - again welcome

GaiusC - Assessment of coolness should wait, perhaps I'll jump the shark

Mico94 - This may be awesome. Fixed it for you :)

theconfusedone - You're the only person to ask in twenty replies! It's a good question.

Errante - Epic sounds good but wait and see it could be epic fail :cool:

Davout - I don't think we'll see a WC this time around; too much micromanagement!

Johan11 - There's plenty of room for readAArs and commentAArs, feel free.

Derahan - Most games get boring after a while as there's no longer a challenge. The ever preset danger of massive revolts sweeping away my armies adds a little spice to the game.

aldriq - Hey there good to see you along - yes there'll be rebels. Lots of rebels...

alexon47 - Cold shower? ;)

I thought I'd try this because every tribal AAR starts with people reforming out - I'm as guilty as the next writer. One of the points of a tribe is well they're tribal so lets see how it plays out.

Chapter One

An AAR all about tribal government and rebels there can only be one choice in this forum;

the Golden Horde

There are three main problems with Tribal government:

• Leader penalties – Below average leader stats have penalties to Revolt Risk (+3), tax (-33%) and Reputation limit (-20).
  • Tribal Succession Crisis – whenever the Khan dies there’s two years of pain with widespread revolts and 10 points of revolt risk in every province.
  • The 50% technology penalty – I’ll westernise and let the neighbour bonus from being a laggard in the Latin tech group take the strain here.

Here’s a few interesting screenshots about the Horde in 1399.

The Diplomatic situation

15s4x0x.jpg

This answers the question about the diplomatic implications of tribal government at very hard difficulty. With a weak diplomacy rated ruler you’re automatically over the BB limit…

Ideas and Sliders

15cebt1.jpg

The Horde starts with ‘National Conscripts’ – tests have shown this to be quite useful. It’s surprisingly easy to run out of bodies if a succession crisis occurs during a big war.

I’m also a pretty long way from ideal slider positions.

• I’ll Centralise, to westernise I need to be four points over the red line
  • A/P will be ignored
  • Move a bit Free Subjects mainly to avoid the worst effects of full Serfdom
  • Westernisation needs a lot of moves innovative, that’s my starting move
  • Trade isn’t likely to be successful so I’ll go Mercantilist to try and protect what I can of my trade in Astrakhan (the Horde’s COT)
  • I’ll probably go Defensive if the opportunity arises; I’ll need good forts
  • L/N will be ignored
  • Preference is Quality but it’s not a priority; handy as I expect I’ll need the manpower early game

Missions and Decisions

2ngtzio.jpg

You can see the westernisation requirements and a couple of decisions I’ll be ignoring, ‘Reform the Government’ and ‘Form Mughal Empire’.

One day in and my first mission is a Core for taking a province. Cores are even more important than usual as uncored provinces have nationalist rebellions in a succession crisis.

The Horde is religiously Sunni and culturally Tartar (we like dental plaque and acid erosion) but has a couple of Uralic provinces and six Siberian provinces. One of those Siberian provinces is pagan, more of that later.

Like any country with neighbours on all sides the Horde faces many threats. One stands head and shoulders above the others. The Russians have very highly accelerated cultural assimilation chances for conquered Tartar provinces. Once cored and converted those provinces will turn Russian. Destroying the potential Russian threat is the first strategic priority.

----------​

We are hated by everyone!!!

But we haven't done anything?

Wait! If you annex someone they'll like you!

The GH is always a classic :) BTW I've already thought of a possible exploit -once you conquer Ösel or Gotland you could move your capital there; with a big enough garrison rebels would never be able to take it... I know, too cheap for you :rofl:

...my money keeps disappearing on things like several tons of decorative gravel - seriously I spent £300 on gravel, paving slabs and plant pots last month - or as I like to think of it two graphics cards

:eek: I knew there was a powerful reason why I dislike gardening - I don't like exchanging money for pebbles...

Yay! The Golden Horde!
Yay! Badboy wars!
Yay! Rebels!

FEEDBACK
anweRU - I'd have to get around to buying HttT and my money keeps disappearing on things like several tons of decorative gravel - seriously I spent £300 on gravel, paving slabs and plant pots last month - or as I like to think of it two graphics cards.

But you could have so much more fun with a tribe in HTTT, I might be tempted myself. Free cores on rich neighbors (who needs a border dispute!), the country goes berserk and rebels if you stay at peace too long, and also if you stay at war too long...

I know, we'll need to start a collection to buy you HTTT!

There certainly is never a dull moment with the GH. Although I would probably have gone with the fish sauce joke rather than the dental one.

This could be a very long or very short AAR depending on how you go in Muscovy. It would be a shame to disappoint such a large readership. Good luck, for all our sakes.

FEEDBACK

So the most commented on aspect of the AAR is the aside that I spent lots of money last month on garden landscaping. Dull is it? ;)

dsb3232 - That's pretty much it, whenever I've a low diplo Khan then I've a problem.

Derahan - I do need forts but not everwhere, not yet...

Johan11 - It appears that everyone has a CB on us even though we have an honourable reputation. It's a paradox.

aldriq - I was perfectly happy with a back yard covered in Black garden fabric held down by half bricks. However, I was firmly instructed in the error of my ways. It does hurt spending half a new PC on stones :(

dinofs - That's pretty much it.

anweRU - Sounds interesting, I just haven't got around to it

marty99 - Welcome

sprites - No core giving events, just rebels :)

Dafool - 'generic sandy colour' that's outrageous :mad: It's a very distinguished sandy colour :rofl:

Rizulica - Yeah, a bad crisis really does hurt

Davout - I'm glad someone spotted the dental joke. I thought it'd been wasted, lost in the gravel.

Sudaxe - The way I see it there's not too much point to an AAR if it's easy

Chapter Two

The Horde has a lot of unfortified provinces. Normally I’d start building straight away but I’ve learnt that money runs out very fast for the Horde so I keep hold of my starting cash only adding a couple of regiments of cavalry. I’m trying avoid minting as it’ll be a long time before I can do much about inflation. I also move a point Innovative and start moving troops towards Moldova and their allies Georgia.

It’s January 1400 before I’m in position…

9a4514.jpg

Interestingly all of Moldova’s allies honour the call; Georgia, Pskov, Ragusa and Achaea. I’m only really interested in my mission reward core of Budjak and Georgian Alania where the gold is too valuable to pass over.

The coastal fortress in Budjak takes a year to fall to a siege. I’m in no real hurry so I don’t waste men on storming the castle. At low tech levels assaults simply burn manpower.

rjmyon.jpg

Peace with Georgia follows and I gain myself two rebel factories.

4kdutl.jpg

This is probably not a good idea. As the provinces have no forts rebels will constantly reset the nationalism revolt risk counter. Never mind, in 50 years I’ll core.

I was hoping to settle down for a few years and slowly add a few forts and troops but peace lasts only six months…

15wbewx.jpg

This looks like attacks out of TI into my unfortified and undefended northern provinces. War exhaustion could hurt here…

----------​