• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chapter One Hundred and Two

Karankawa revolts in November as my armies prepare for the next round of ‘Get Portugal’.

War with the USA - December 1797

2h4wzy9.jpg

This war sucks in Portugal and Shawnee the US allies. USA as war leader is good I should be able to get a 100 point peace deal here - provinces from Portugal of course.

fycs4x.jpg

In terms of a plan I’m intending to focus most of my effort on grabbing what I want from Portugal (mainly some border provinces) while pushing for the USA. I’m also going to use one of the armies in the British Isles to land at the northern end of New England and start taking provinces there - I’m assuming the American army will probably march to meet me in Portuguese territory.

War with France - December 1797

29kupmf.jpg

Since I’m busy…

Banda Oriental and Ivory Coast revolt at the news as do Murcia and Worodogu later in the month. January starts with peace with Shawnee and the annexation of France!

2hrizxd.jpg

The spring brings revolts in Cornwall, Lothian and Guaycura, Erie and Salamanca. Modena converts in February.

Battle of Allegheny - May 1799.

zvv1ah.jpg

The Americans had a pretty big army for their size - possibly ex-rebel units given the force composition. Am I the only person to be amused by the Americans using Redcoats? I pick up virtually no WE from the battle - attrition is likely to be another matter entirely particularly as I chase for the kill. Smashing the only large force in the Americas is a worthwhile prize.

News of the battle was clearly misinterpreted as revolts break out in Iowa, Pennyrile, Futa Jallon and Tlemcen.

July sees that American army ran to ground and destroyed in the Portuguese capital of Conoy. I’m glad that was fought in summer as these are winter affected provinces and the attrition damage would hurt! Canada DOWs the now defenceless Americans but I’ll win the race to the border provinces - 100 war score against the Americans is still possible.

The rest of the year is pretty quiet with a relatively small number of revolts; Barcelona, Salinan, Fife, Pensacola, Trondelag, Tierra del Fuego, Alaska, Shikoku, Caracas, Mixtec and Mexico.

By the start of January 1799 I’m only at +41 war score but the last three American provinces are under siege and I’ve captured the 100 points worth of Portuguese provinces I want.

There’s very little fighting through 1799 just the usual rebels; Karankawa, Nootka, Akureyri, Banda Oriental and Cuzco.

Sus and Dendi rebel in September. I’m now at 100% over the USA I’m just marching my troops back into at Portuguese territory so I can get them home. The sieges of the last two Level 5 provinces took some time after the initial assaults failed badly.

Peace with the USA - October 1799

zkfgxi.jpg

Another 100 points worth of Portuguese provinces. This feels too slow…

There’s another five revolts before the end of the year; Menominee, Cornwall, Cahokia, Gascogne and Melilla.

Countries of the World

Name : 1780 Count : 1790 Count : 1800 Count

Portugal : big : big : 33
Sweden : big : big : 20
Castile : big : big : 9
Great Britain : big : 17 : 5
France : 14 : 2 : Annexed
Mexico : 11 : 1 : Annexed
Cherokee : 10 : 10 : 10
USA : 9 : 10 : 10
Japan : 9 : 1 : Annexed
Venezuela : 9 : 1 : Annexed
Canada : 9 : 3 : 2
Iroquois : 8 : 8 : 6
Ireland : 5 : 1 : 1
Scotland : 4 : 1 : Annexed
Peru : 4 : Annexed
Quebec : 3 : 12 : 12
Chimu : 3 : Annexed
Milan : 2 : 1 : Annexed
Haiti : 2 : 1 : Annexed
Cyprus : 1 : 1 : 1
Tuscany : 1 : Annexed
Sardinia : 1 : 1 : 1
Ryukyu : 1 : Annexed
Papal States : 1 : 1 : 1
Corsica : 1 : 1 : 1
Gotland : 1 : 1 : 1
Morocco (Sunni) : 4 : 1 : 1
Sokoto (Sunni) : 2 ; Annexed
Kanem Bornu (Sunni) : 1 : 1 : 1
Morea (Sunni) : 1 : Annexed
Shawnee : - : 4 : 1

The Old World

30ueck4.jpg

The New World

2iuydtk.jpg

Rebel Count = 6257 (+37)
Rebels = 29,740,000 (+138,000)

----------​

Star Wars wasn't silly enough to think we wouldn't have money. :)

If you manage to take around 6 provinces per war with Portugal, you'll need 6, 7 wars in the worst case. At the current pace of a war every 3 years, you might just do it :)

Disappointed no one mentioned the Harem and Chocolate reference - I hope you're not all skipping over bits to get to the peace deals ;)

Damn. I hadn't got that reference :eek:o

I find this more amusing than the USA using Red Coats. I better go to Walmart and get me a couple of shotguns before those darn Canucks get here. The border is only two hours of driving away!

Viscious Canucks... :)

AdumbroDeus - Thanks for the compliments! I'd love to see another Iroquois AAR especially in DW. There are techniques for minimising BB in a WC but I don't think they'll work very well for Iroquois - you'll just have to get used to low stab and lots of rebels!

Rebels? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

TBH, I'm more concerned about inflation.... and lack of magistrates cause i need em for buildings.

Iriquois 1500: We've repelled the foul Spanish, English, and portoguese and are starting to move into Europe.

Taxes: -400,000,000 ducats a month

No building whatsoever

Might as well be in a constant TSC even though the government is reformed.

Tech level: 12

Inflation: 400,000,000,000,000

You have been taking a province a year on average off the countries you have been trimming down in the last twenty years. Portugal has 33, so you are right to feel that its too slow. What's the current vassalisation score on Portugal? That does feel to have been going down just about fast enough.

I am going to make a bold declaration that I will regret later: The Golden Horde will complete the WC.
I thought that during the Iroquois game, so there's that.

Oi!

Dear lord, you may actually make it if you play your cards well.

I still don't think you will, but I'm starting to feel uncertain.

If the average warscore value of the remaining Portuguese provinces is 16%, you'll take about six provinces per war and thus six wars to take them out. This means a peace deal every 3.5 years, which seems a trifle fast, given you have to win a war against them first each time. I'm not sure if there are enough states remaining to guarantee you can drag Portugal into a war with that degree of regularity. Having said that, it's looking oh so much more likely than when your navy consisted of a single galley in the Sea of Azov.

So, I guess you'd ordinarily need a war every two and half to three years or so, but thankfully Portugal still has some cheaper provinces. So I suppose there's some leeway there. If you can keep up the pace you've had the last couple of wars that will do it nicely, especially as you'll have less provinces to conquer in the last wars.

Of course there's the eventual TSC as well as the probable inconvenient alliance leader at some point. Time to take out all the stops - as you've already said, the high fort level provinces are the priority. What is the fort level situation? If there are only some level 5's, then long travel time provinces could enter the picture after them. Taking some large out-of-the-way provinces early on could mean considerable time saved over a few wars where you have Portugal as the alliance leader (i.e. have to occupy them to get a 100 point peace) if the fort situation will eventually allow wars where you practically just storm in. Of course, if they have super forts all over then it's not important as it will be about the forts until the end.

If there are only some level 5's, then long travel time provinces could enter the picture after them. Taking some large out-of-the-way provinces early on could mean considerable time saved over a few wars where you have Portugal as the alliance leader (i.e. have to occupy them to get a 100 point peace) if the fort situation will eventually allow wars where you practically just storm in. Of course, if they have super forts all over then it's not important as it will be about the forts until the end.

The point about travel time is well made. It might be worth taking some otherwise-less-than-optimal provinces in order to stuff armies in them ready to start sieging as soon as the war starts. Of course, attrition will limit how large a force you can station in these forward bases.

I find this more amusing than the USA using Red Coats. I better go to Walmart and get me a couple of shotguns before those darn Canucks get here. The border is only two hours of driving away!

Well, you know why legend says the White House got painted white don't you???:rolleyes:

Oh and WHOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
the death of le blob!

Last edited:
Most of the forces in your war with USA and Portugal appeared to be US. The Portuguese army was conspicuous by its absence. It looks like you'll be able to walk all over Portuguese north america.

I wonder how much of the USA the Canadians will gain?

On this timescale, if you don't fight Portugal during the TSC, you'll not get a WC. You may have too much American land to take in addition to Portugal. You still need that Great Man to do his thing for Morocco and KB.

Good-bye to France. Once the mightiest power in western europe, reduced to nothingness under the iron-shod heels of the Horde.

War with Quebec, next? Ireland to bring in Castile?

I have the feeling Iroquois and Portugal will be the last nations standing - which would be quite fitting ;)