• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm thinking that Paradox's external testing team should have to read the epic, crazy AAR's, just to get an idea of what kind of insane crap we do. :)

Lisboa for 6 warscore:rofl:
Just like when the portuguese royal family fled to Brazil :p
They aren't really eager to defend their capital!

I don't think it's doable but as the King of the Epic FailTM I have to try :)

I'll be expecting my royalties, sir :D

Nice to see Great Wee Britain declare war. Will they land in Archangelsk again ?

On a completely unrelated note, the image entitled "Peace with Mexico - May 1786" in chapter 98 has disappeared. This AAR must be properly preserved for future generations.

In the Iroquois game Portugal was the first. In the Horde one they're the last. :D

In the Iroquois game Portugal was the first. In the Horde one they're the last. :D

Ah true, going full circle... Especially if PrawnStar really is fed up with EU III.

I hope it's not a stupid question... but is the rebel count the actual number of active rebels at the moment, or is it an accumulated number of rebels that had risen, gone, and some active? If it is the former, how do you keep the track of the number?

The greatest AAR I've ever read, by the way.

On a completely unrelated note, the image entitled "Peace with Mexico - May 1786" in chapter 98 has disappeared. This AAR must be properly preserved for future generations.

Agreed. This deserves its own hall in the Hordesonian.

Having just finished plowing through this and previously through your audacity, I salute you. You have inspired me to begin my own Iriquois AAR in divine wind at some point in the future, the intent being to get the achievement but we all know I REALLY want a WC.

Unfortunately, DW has lots of messy events at over the infamy limit I don't know how well it will turn out, but we'll see.

You can't force Portugal to release an existing country, but if you annex one of the N Americans, will Portugal then be capable of being forced to release them anew?

It seems the long awaited mother of all TSCs could actually be fairly feeble. A record number of stacks, but maybe not a record number of rebels since the american stacks are all feeble. Even with a 3-3-3 regency followed by a 3-3-3 khan, you will be able to keep munching Portugal while swatting rebels.

I'm thinking that Paradox's external testing team should have to read the epic, crazy AAR's, just to get an idea of what kind of insane crap we do. :)

I couldn't agree more.

I'm thinking that Paradox's external testing team should have to read the epic, crazy AAR's, just to get an idea of what kind of insane crap we do.
Well, PrawnStar's achievements would be harder to replicate in HTTT, the "Extreme Opposition" event would annoy him greatly.

But... I don't think you'll conquer the world if you don't ignore the peace treaties and declare war whenever you can now. If you only start later it might be too late, but, if you start now, you'll be able to do it without problem. Granted, you'll be fighting a great deal of rebels due to this, but that's nothing you can't handle. Even if you can't declare war at -3 stability (I'm not sure how it works in this particularly version of the game) you should still be able to buy back at least 1 stab per war with all the money you have.

More solid progress. I agree that the key is involving poor Portugal in as many wars as possible between now an 1821. The trick of taking the highly defended provinces in the peace deal is another reason why I'm not cut out for this world conquest business - it would never have occurred to me.

I also think it's worth stepping back a bit and reflecting on how far you've come. At the beginning of the game I doubted you'd even be able to make it to the Americas in the face of naval opposition from the big European states. Now the question is how much, if any, of it will be left outside the Horde by the game end.

The next TSC will be fun too! :D

The Horde has money? :confused:

"The Horde has outgrown the need for money. We merely strive to improve ourselves and bring enlightenment to the galaxy."

Captain Baraq-Luc Picard, HSS Enterprise

FEEDBACK

Disappointed no one mentioned the Harem and Chocolate reference - I hope you're not all skipping over bits to get to the peace deals ;)

Enewald - Morons are a vital resource, the whole Horde rests easier at night knowing we have an adequate supply.

Johan11 - Badly in this case!

Chief Ragusa -
GB is two wars but I might go to three - I really don't want any more isolated islands until after the TSC.

Gotland is guaranteed so the technique is DOW Sweden, make peace DOW Gotland - it should allow significantly faster destruction - guessing but five peace deals in 20 years rather than three from just DOWing Sweden feels about right.

I'm ignoring Greenland because it will be a nuisance in the TSC.

The mediterranean OPMs haven't attracted any allies etc (other than the Pope) - after the TSC again.

France's days are numbered :)

Malurous - The length of the war is tied to who the alliance leader is Cherokee is an easy one - Castile is bad and Portugal itself not much better as being large high tech and well fortified it takes time :(
The Portuguese have been busy with guarantees so I should get in quite a few more wars - enough? I don't know.

blsteen - The big question over the TSC is will it stop me going to war.

naggy - They probably do - I'm reasonably certain that Provence becoming France wasn't initially considered too likely ;)

Ygor - Lisbon's in the wrong continent for Portugal ;)

Macciavelli - I have no idea what happened to that image - I uploaded it succesfully - absolutely no idea why that one has disappeared.

ColossusCrusher - Good point (except Huron died first)

Malurous - I may come back to EU3 in the future (but I prefer CDs so a
maybe no DW) but another AAR is some way off - RL is building up a lot of pressure and I'm just too tired.

Sybot - I know still grinding onwards - hopefully I'll finish sometime in March.

highsis - Thank you! There are a lot of great AARs out there and I'm sure you'll find better. Rebel count is the cumulative number of rebellions in Horde territory since game start. Rebels is the cumulative number rebel soldiers so far. I track all of this by putting the details into the AAR Word doc for every revolt (currently 687 pages!).

naggy - It's got a folder on my USB external hard drive if that counts...

AdumbroDeus - Thanks for the compliments! I'd love to see another Iroquois AAR especially in DW. There are techniques for minimising BB in a WC but I don't think they'll work very well for Iroquois - you'll just have to get used to low stab and lots of rebels!

zemaniac - No! One Horde to rule them all.

Zvetiki - Yes thanks.

The Arch Mede - I don't think anyone can be forced from portugal as they need to own the capital and that isn't going to happen. Remember I forced all the Native Americans free a few decades back. The TSC will have lots of rebellions but yes you're right many will be very small stacks.

Johan11 - I imagine Paradox do look at what turns up in AARland - if only to close down some exploits in the next expansion :)

LoneWolfEburg - BB control in HttT would be more of a priority - I guess I'd leave lots and lots of OPMs until near the game end and go crazy in the last few years :D

Ivashanko - I can get into wars easily enough at the moment - it's getting out of them fast enough that's the problem! I can't DOW at -3 stab and I don't have the oney to buy my way out (stab cost is 430,000+last) - without minting and with no spending I still lose money every year. Of course I spend several hundred ducats on things like colonists, missionaries, buildings and spies even when there's no troop building occuring.

Dewirix - If I can keep fighting Portugal every two to three years I might make it but that could prove difficult. I don't think anyone else is a problem. It's a good point to look back at what we thougt was achieveable - I explicitly said I didn't even think I'd be able to consider WC given the rebel problems I'd previously encountered in test games.

Malurous - The Horde has no money.

naggy - Meh Star Wars before Star Trek always.

The Force is with us because we're worth it.​