• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I hear Harry and Astarte bickering over our eternal souls now...

impressive reduction of most your oponents to OPM status

Now, I've just spent the day on a very scary Grade V iceclimb on the Ben (to non-UK readers this has just become Mongol!)

Yes, it is mongol. Can you expain?

(does it have something to do with a mountain called Ben Nevis?)

My, what an unfortunate turn of events. Portugal that is.
They are, what. Five, six wars from annexation? Still doable I guess.
Every other nation needs five wars or less, I believe?

Also update more often, I NEED MY PRAWNSTAR FIX.
(No really, I get really excited whenever I see an update. But if there no time, there's no time.)

Fitting that it all comes full circle, Portugal was your first fight with Iroquois and it's now going to be your last with the Horde...

PrawnStar said:
I now have a bizarre and frankly worrying mental picture of Nicolas Sarkozy hooking up with Sarah Palin.

Never mind those two, how about poor Carla?! :eek:

carla.jpg

[size=-2]Carla's reaction when she learns that there is no YSL outlet in Anchorage...[/size]

Why not think of Portuguese dictator Salazar and G. W. Bush?

Great update. Too bad about the Portuguese however. You have to start hitting their main holdings ASAP in order to have enough time. What's your plan there, drive through Castille for a quick border or do some shipping?

Well, my once-firmly-held opinion that world conquest wasn't on the cards is looking shakier by the minute. There does still seem to be an awful lot of territory to grab in North America, but I have a feeling that won't be too much of a problem. What are the fort levels like up there?

The capital change by the portuguese is unfortunate but I'm sure you'll still unleash the Horde on the albeit suspecting inhabitants. And really it isn't like the Portuguese royal family never fled the original homeland...albeit this time I suspect they had no RN protection

FEEDBACK

zemaniac - Thanks I think ;) Like your Ferrara AAR.

The Arch Mede - Yeah, the Portuguese capital move is a pain. I did think I'd get away with that deal but I'll just have to workaround. I don't think the AI has to pay for capital moves but Portugal could probably afford it.

sad king billy - You'll see in the maps coming up that I am steadily filling in the remaining empty provinces and I expect to have all provinces at city status by 1820. Armies in Eurasia are basically what was used to conquer it - the American forces are newly raised.

Enewald - It'll take a lot of playing around with the diplomacy to take out Portugal in time.

Ygor - Pretty much :(

Chief Ragusa -
The problem is there are a lot more Portuguese provincs in North America that have become expensive compared to provinces in Europe that have become cheap.

GB's North American provinces have seen some changes...

I intend to walk to the Aleutians, a straight drive up the coast - all mine by say 1795 at a guess.

Castile moving capital isn't going to be a problem very soon ;)

loki100 - Apologies for the nasty mental image ;) Note to everyone reading loki100's Russian HOI3 AAR is excellent and I'd recommend it to you all. It's great writing.

naggy - That makes Sarkozy sound like a Putin wanabee :rofl:

sprites - I've bordered Castile's capital for a couple of decades without problems though - I don't really understand what drives that.

Agent Fransis - I might not get Portugal but I will get France :cool:

sad king billy - He's been mountain climbing in Scotland - recently gained Horde territory - and we're Tartars not Mongols!

no7892142 - Portugal could be a dozen or more wars from annexation now :( Most other countries five or less. Updates aren't as frequent as usual as firstly RL is problematic (family crisis yet again but nothing like as bad as the stuff that delayed the start of this AAR by a few months last year) and secondly I'm pretty much fed up with this game. I'm essentially playing because I've come this far.

poloport - Yip that's me summed up :D

aldriq -True! I expect it'll be Portugal last to fall now. Somehow I expect Carla will cope perfectly well without Sarkozy - he on the other hand would not look so good. To lose one glamourous wife is careless but two...

Johan11 - Nasty!

Malurous - The plan for Portugal now is basically smash straight through Castilian America and start taking land. The Portuguese have sprayed a lot of guarantees around so I will take advantage.

Dewirix - Portuguese North America is looking like a problem now but other than that I'm confident I can grab just about everything else. There are a lot of Level 5's in Portuguese North America.

blsteen - What Royal Navy? ;) Walks away whistling trying to look innocent

Chapter Ninety Nine

Countries of the World

Name : 1780 Count : 1790 Count

Portugal : big : big
Sweden : big : big
Castile : big : big
Great Britain : big : 17
France : 14 : 2
Mexico : 11 : 1
Cherokee : 10 : 10
USA : 9 : 10
Japan : 9 : 1
Venezuela : 9 : 1
Canada : 9 : 3
Iroquois : 8 : 8
Ireland : 5 : 1
Scotland : 4 : 1
Peru : 4 : Annexed
Quebec : 3 : 12
Chimu : 3 : Annexed
Milan : 2 : 1
Haiti : 2 : 1
Cyprus : 1 : 1
Tuscany : 1 : Annexed
Sardinia : 1 : 1
Ryukyu : 1 : Annexed
Papal States : 1 : 1
Corsica : 1 : 1
Gotland : 1 : 1
Morocco (Sunni) : 4 : 1
Sokoto (Sunni) : 2 ; Annexed
Kanem Bornu (Sunni) : 1 : 1
Morea (Sunni) : 1 : Annexed
Shawnee : - : 4​

The Old World - 1790

2me1hrl.jpg

The New World - 1790

2cyh2fn.jpg

The interesting thing here is the disappearance of British North Eastern America. Colonial Patriots took over all those provinces and as I’ve battered the Brits senseless no one was able to reclaim the land before defection.

----------​

Oh damn. Portuguese north America is much bigger than I expected :(

Ygor - exactly :(

Macknull - 2 islands in the Pacific, 2 in the Caribbean, 5 provinces on the American West Coast, 7 in Southern England and 1 in Norway.

no7892142 - True - I should finish at some point in March :)

Maybe you should pump up your troops numbers for those last years, even if it affects your balance a bit. More than ever your need to quickly finish your next, iminent, TSC.