• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What TSC means anyway? I know what tpm and opm means but what is tsc?

Tribal Succession Crisis. Although, for Prawnstar, we should perhaps start calling it Infinite Crisis? :)

Infinite Crisis? The Khan is laughting

Hosni_Mubarak_ritratto.jpg

:D

Why can't you just DoW Kanem Borno as well?

Why can't you just DoW Kanem Borno as well?

He could have, like he said not doing it was a mistake. Of course nothing prevents him from doing it now, but that's a full stability point to recover.

Malurous - I'm starting to think mentioning the gravel may have been a bad idea :rofl:

Actually, the mistake was buying it ;)

Nah, I'm just kidding. I come to your AARs for astounding feats of gameplay, but I stay for the gravel jokes !

Regarding your sieging problems, do you have Engineer Corps ? If not, can you expect a new Idea before the end ?

FEEDBACK

blsteen - True enough but that session just felt as if nothing had happened.

poloport - Thanks, glad someone noticed :)

Chief Ragusa -
The American west coast isn't really an issue - I'll drive up from Mexico. I'd need QftNW as a national idea as well and that's a real waste of a slot at this stage.

Lining up the minors for annexation is well under way - I'll get very busy around 1791/1792 - unless there's a TSC.

1785 is only 15 years for this Khan.

A border with KB is the plan and yes the right territories from Mali and Sweden really create opportunities in West Africa.

I don't own Tahiti yet - it'll be a late game grab as it's a nuisance for a TSC because of the sailing time.

Reinforcements for the Americas are raised in the Middle East, march to Morocco then ship out across the Atlantic via West AFrica - Brazil and up the coastline to Mexico.​

Malurous - Oops ;) I need one more stab event and I have two 6* advisors who haven't fired yet.

Ygor - Quite right - the last thing I want is to see is potentially Sunni revolters.

naggy - Well that's the point of Level 5 fortresses isn't it :) The real nuisances are the single province islands with Level 5 as reinforcement rates are so low you can only really assault once without lots of sailing depleted regimenst around which is a real pain.

Dewirix - It's why I'm using artillery for a change and took Engineering Corps - I've a 2/6/6 stack with a siege 2 General - eats forts but my other stacks are rarely as effective. Most of the other nations are wrecked - only Castile and Portugal have much left and that's hiding in North America.

Enewald - The Caribbean islands generally are very heavily fortified so I think I'll have time to sail a stack around. Peasants take years to knoclk down level 4/5 forts.

naggy - True enough - I don't really see the point of Level 10 - by the time people built forts like that the artillery was capable of chewing them down pretty quickly.

Ygor - KB can be DOWed but I'll leave taking the stab hit until either I get another Great Man event or it's the end of the game :)

Tmac - Very true - as i said as soon as I did that I though bugger that was a mistake. I'd got distracted by still being in a truce with Morocco so thinking there wasn't anyone else I bordered to DOW.

Iwanow - Not for too much longer :)

LoneWolfEburg - I'm sure Johan won't disappoint!

naggy - Quite right!

Iwanow - Tribal Succession Crisis.

naggy - Thanks for answering - as for Infinite Crisis lets not get over excited we'll just call it 'relative stability'.

Tmac - That's probably about right. Nothing going on that a cavalry charge can't fix.

Axe27 - 1000 regiments - wait for attrition to do the job for you (which is probably part of Mubarak's real life strategy)

loki100 - That's probably the right answer.

Johan11 - I can DOW KB but as a fellow Sunni without a CB I'd lose three stab points - over two decades of full investment and a lot more rebels. Even with a CB from spies it's a stab point.

Malurous - Exactly that.

Macciavelli - Gravel FTW? I have engineering corps and the forts do fall but it can sometimes be long sieges - 2/3 years.

Agent Fransis - Thanks and welcome aboard :)

Chapter Ninety Eight​

Navarra revolts in November 1785 as my troops scramble towards the new wars and sit in dreary sieges in the old wars. The next three months will see uprisings in Timbuktu, Yola, Rio de Janeiro, Fernando Po, Porto Seguro, Anhui, Nazca and Gran Paro.

Mali and Sokoto annexed - February 1786

2isv57p.jpg

That just leaves OPMs Morocco and Kanem Bornu left independent in the Sunni world.

Idah, Caqueta and Limosin revolt in March. Peru sends a warning in April, that’s basically goodnight from them. There are another three revolts; Eora, Ningxia and Asturias.

Peace with Mexico - May 1786

xg9q4y.jpg

That took some doing, this leaves Mexico with four provinces so two wars to annexation. I still have some British provinces I’d like to capture in this war. Pisa revolts that month. Cartagena and the Kurils revolt in June.

Peace with Cherokee - June 1786

2hwp7af.jpg

Haiti is now an OPM and I can move that army out to try and take some more Caribbean islands. July sees revolts in Linz and Greater Namaquala. Nazca rebels in August. Lienz converts in September. Itamaraca rebels.

October brings six new cores and the sieges are still dragging on! Ganzhou, Mutsu and Tumbes rebel. Tirol also converts. Kyaukse converts in early November. Germany is the main focus for missionaries but I’m diverting the odd one to South East Asia to help calm things down in that area. Cayor, Lima and Perigord revolt. December; Armagnac, Tumbes and Cajamarca rebel.

Peace with Great Britain - December 1786

2nk5sv4.jpg

That’s Britain in Northern Mexico along with provinces in the Caribbean, Pacific , Brittany, Norway and of course a border with diplomatically ‘interesting’ Scotland.

Peace with Sweden - December 1786

wuexps.jpg

Not a 100% peace deal but my armies had simply ran out of steam and tropical West Africa is a harsh place to go on the offensive.

All but unbelievably the Horde is at peace.​

Pipil revolts in January 1787. By early April the deafening silence has driven the Khan to distraction…

War with Ireland - April 1787

33wksco.jpg

Portugal had guaranteed Ireland and I was warned by Peru. Mixtec and Antioquia rebel at the news as do Roussillon and Mellila later in the month. May brings five revolts; Valenciennes, Cumbria, Yola and Calabar. Cayor and Itenines rebel in June.

Since I’m tidying up South America…

War with Chimu - July 1787

eivyc0.jpg

Only Chimu can be reached at the moment. Fiji and Barcelona rebel as does Espirito Santo later on.

Chimu is annexed in early August.

Peace with Ireland - September 1787

2ijju1.jpg

They are now an OPM. Cauca and Woiworung revolt.

War with Scotland - October 1787

292pe1v.jpg

I’m already at war with Portugal but other than that…

xd9tuu.jpg

There’s revolts in Cuenca and Kii. Linz converts. Chorotega and Jeolla revolt in November. Trier converts in December. January 1788 starts with a core on Bourgogne and a ‘victory’ in Futa Jallon…

2hr0qv8.jpg

The French have the dreaded Latin Cuirassiers. Goias revolts and Castile sends a warning towards the end of January… February starts with revolts; Barunggam, Santana and Thang Long.

Peace with Mexico - February 1788

j7c478.jpg

Mexico is now an OPM - the fourth province they had after the last peace deal has since defected to Canada. The Baleares revolt in March.

April brings four more revolts; Arica, Guayana, Bahia and Arequipa. The wars are going nowhere in particular as sieges are proving slow once again. Shawnee white peaced out around this time. Tierra del Fuego rebels in May.

Milan sends a warning in June - they’re allied to Castile anyway so that’s not such a big deal. Schwaben converts at the back end of the month and I finally kill that French force in West Africa.

Peace with Scotland - July 1788

elzz7.jpg

Another new OPM just waiting for the chance to be annexed in the near future.

Peace with Canada - July 1788

2rz2hyg.jpg

It’s a shame I couldn’t grab that last Canadian province in the American South West but their time will come (they’ve two provinces in the North so it’s not that important as I couldn‘t OPM them). Burgos revolts. Tamaulipas rebels in August.

September is quiet with the next revolts a month later in Aberdeen and Calabar. Peru is annexed in the last days of October. Elsass converts in November and three more provinces rebel (Atacama, Huamanga and Chiancon). Konstanz converts in early December.

1789 starts with two rebellions in Hamgyeong and another one in Huillimapu. Ilheus revolts in March. April brings revolts in Worms, Atakapa and Trondelag. May sees a revolt in Cuzco.

Peace with Great Britain - May 1789

1ysacn.jpg

This is a 96 point peace deal adding British Southern California, a couple of Caribbean provinces, Iceland and some more tidying up around the British Isles. Sao Tome revolts a month later.

Keng Tung cores in August and Baden rebels. Once the rebels are defeated Baden promptly converts. Meath rebels in September - just days after most of my European sealift capacity has started a transatlantic run via the Brazilian coast to deliver 32000 new troops into Mexico.

Peace with France - October 1789

no95dx.jpg

France is now down to two provinces; the capital Saintonge and a province in Alaska. I now have a bizarre and frankly worrying mental picture of Nicolas Sarkozy hooking up with Sarah Palin.

Peace with Portugal - November 1789

jinhv9.jpg

Drat!

2h2l214.jpg

That’s probably extended WC by a decade. The problem here is that while Portugal’s capital was in Europe those North American provinces would only be 2 or possibly 4 (if very high value) war score each. Now the capital is in North America those provinces will cost full value for war score - much like reducing any of the other majors. There’s not a lot of time left but Portugal has guaranteed a lot of minors…

Parana and Charcas revolt. December brings rebellions in Braganza and Hsenwi. And now it’s 1790 so there’ll be a state of the world type update next.

Rebel Count = 6060 (+83)
Rebels = 29,171,000 (+268,000)

----------​

As I was reading that Portugese peace, I thought it was taking a risky amount of the home country. First taking St Helena off the French, and now this. You need to brush up on your exiling tactics for the next AAR ;)

Does the AI not have to pay the 1000d to move capital that the player does? Or did they have lots of money anyway?

Oh dear. I wonder, are you colonising what's left of free land, or is there nothing left? (and if you don't, why?)

Also, you should reread some of your earliest reports. How much has changed ... and how much is still the same. How many armies/soldiers do you have left in Eurasia to squash rebel stacks?

Uh-oh. Time to start multiple wars with Portugal!

New OPMs Ireland and Scotland. Bad luck about Portugal's capital shifting, but their army is there, so there is a degree of logic to the move. Makes their remaining european provinces cheap. You've removed GB from Europe and central america. Taking Iceland brings Swedish Greenland in range and thence to GB north east coastal american provinces - and the states beyond.

To get Aleutians, since you can't sail there, you'll have to walk up the west coast and be at war with GB, Castille and Portugal. That would leave France as a OPM.

I'd assumed the Khan had been reigning for 20 years, not 15. A war with Castile before they get the idea to move their capital. A minor state that all the majors have guaranteed -I am uncertain just how far up the west coast you could transport troops.

impressive reduction of most your oponents to OPM status

Now, I've just spent the day on a very scary Grade V iceclimb on the Ben (to non-UK readers this has just become Mongol!) and I thought I was already scared out of my limited wits, then I read this:

France is now down to two provinces; the capital Saintonge and a province in Alaska. I now have a bizarre and frankly worrying mental picture of Nicolas Sarkozy hooking up with Sarah Palin

that is one disturbing image to conjour up

Next Week on Nicolas Sarkozy's Alaska...Nicolas will camp and hunt caribou...

Ne retraite, recharger!