• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pshhh, Prawnstar can take it. It's just a coaltion of all of the powerful European states aligned against him. :D

It's interesting how people see the diplomatic trickery. I'm not trying to do anything outside of my usual approach which is taking the set of provinces straight in front of me and kicking the AI when it's down.

Venezuela was allied to Portugal and Castile, if I'm going to fight both I want them in seperate wars so I can count +25 war score from battles against each enemy. While I need to grab huge chunks of the Americas in peace deals at some point I do also need those high value European provinces. Wars that let me grab say Salamanca or Barcelona on the way to the North American territories are good. I've played just under three years from this point, some good and some frustrating.

I'm taking my girlfriend out tomorrow night and we've house guests on Saturday/Sunday but there should be proper feedback and an update at some point over the weekend. I may even remember some more cat pictures :cool:

It's interesting how people see the diplomatic trickery. I'm not trying to do anything outside of my usual approach which is taking the set of provinces straight in front of me and kicking the AI when it's down.

Venezuela was allied to Portugal and Castile, if I'm going to fight both I want them in seperate wars so I can count +25 war score from battles against each enemy. While I need to grab huge chunks of the Americas in peace deals at some point I do also need those high value European provinces. Wars that let me grab say Salamanca or Barcelona on the way to the North American territories are good. I've played just under three years from this point, some good and some frustrating.

I'm taking my girlfriend out tomorrow night and we've house guests on Saturday/Sunday but there should be proper feedback and an update at some point over the weekend. I may even remember some more cat pictures :cool:

Good luck, may the force be with you

FEEDBACK

naggy - Do you know I've not looked at that - I'm so locked into the idea that the diplomatic situation changes so check before you DOW I don't worry about what makes those changes happen - then again I usually resolve diplomatic impasses through annexation :)

Dewirix - I'm trying for clean 10:1 overruns but if not storming fortresses and forcing ships into my waiting fleet is the preferred technique.

sad king billy - I need to fight Portugal to get Venezuela. I'm after European stuff at the moment - Barcelona at 52 war score would be nice.

Isabelle80 - I hope one day we'll get to read an AAR from you. And yes there's a lot going on.

Enewald - Yes it is!

naggy - I've been known to eliminate hostile navies by taking all their coastal provinces in a peace deal - an Oman game when I just couldn't get the jump on the Timurid fleet.

The Arch Mede - I'm happy I can move troops around successfully in hostile waters; what I want to do is eliminate the threat to my smaller transport squadrons.

no7892142 - Mexico is in the way of marching to North America although that could change...

sad king billy - Portuguese North America is less than 15 years from being the front line maybe only 10. Overland.

Chief Ragusa - Sadly I don't have a Transpacific route other than far South - via New Zealand and Tahiti so troops wil come from Europe. Invasion North America will be from the South - I may be at the Mississippi by 1795 and New England by 1805.

aldriq - Surrounding London is a very bad idea IMHO. At the moment I can take England pretty easily with my battle stacks in the North so I can get good war score easily and use that to take new world provinces at 2 points a time.

Malurous - Absolutely I want Portugal and Castille in different wars if at all possible - that way I count two sets of battle war score :) Venezuela was one of the main short term goals and it was allied to both Iberian powers.

Iwanow - I know :(

Tmac - Nonsense, the Horde is the World. For that matter we're also the children; mainly because we've killed all the adults :rofl:

phalanx369 - WE is endless micromanagement of arrival times, splitting and recombining armies as well as the sad truth that once you've assaulted away half your stack attrition is less of an issue. Improved technology also raises support limits ;)

blsteen - They won't have them for long!

Ivashanko - Thanks

Johan11 - I've said it before, be audacious and hope :rofl:

BootOnFace - Their armies are in the wrong place (North America).

blsteen - The farce is always with me.

sad king billy - Nonsense, cutie kitties :D

Chapter Ninety Six

When we left I’d just started wars with most of the rest of the World. The first thing that happens is of course the regular month rebellions for October in Cape and Asturias. I also get hit with several trade embargos and there’s lots of manoeuvring as hostiles appear out of the fog of war.

Wurttemberg converts at the start of November. Settsu and Jeolla revolt. December’s revolts are in Wiradjuri and Zhejiang.

Greater Namaquala revolts in January 1781. There’s little to report this early in the various wars. February sees three revolts; Gubbi Gubbi, Cauca and Urumqi. March has two revolts; Copiapo and Chaco Boreal.

Peace with Peru - Late March 1781

1037syv.jpg

Peru is now an OPM. April starts with cores on Apulia, Napoli and Calabria. Guayra revolts.

Peace with Venezuela - May 1781

2guysfk.jpg

Reduced to two provinces - how annoying is that? Very, since you ask.

June and I reach Land Tech 50 and what the ill-informed may think are a new infantry unit. In fact (or at least in game) these infantry have reformed into cavalry!

71seat.jpg

Naga and Niederbayern convert. Damaraland and Huanuco revolt. Yorkshire and Hinggan revolt in July. War progress is going well without any stand out events. August brings cores on Hanyang and Running. There are another four revolts; Xuan Fu, Tunja, Caracara and Chenzhou. September brings cores on Abruzzi, Palermo and Messina. Tangiers rebels. Barunggam rebels in October. Tuscany is annexed during the month. Banda Oriental and Caracara rebel in November.

Peace with Milan and Chimu - December 1781

11tvqkz.jpg

Both countries are now OPMs. Sagaing converts.

The war with Britain - January 1782

bdwdc1.jpg

I’m at +70 war score having seized England, Brittany and British Norway. I’ve quite a lot more to do in the Caribbean as I’d like all the land to the Mexican frontier.

The war with France and Sweden is at +24 war score. I want a couple more provinces in Central America. The war in Africa is looking tricky as the Swedes have around 90k troops and the fronts are narrow.

Against Castile I’m at +22 the plan is just to add more score in Iberia and see if I can shake free a couple more provinces.

Against Portugal I’ve +18 war score, I’d like Barcelona and Terra del Fuego but that’s 54 war score.

During the month the Andamans core and there are rebellions in Toubkhal, Patagonia Occidental and Dzungaria. Chiang Mai converts and then proceeds to rebel in February! Lincoln revolts in March. April sees revolts in Hizen and Espirito Santo. Gangwon revolts in May as does Perigord a month later. Konstanz revolts in July.

Peace with France - July 1782

4v5zjs.jpg

To get a much higher score I’ll have to fight my way into Swedish Africa and my armies in theatre are already drained even though I’ve only advanced a province or two. I do remove the Swedes from South America and the French from Mesoamerica.

Elsewhere my truce with Japan has just expired…

War with Japan - August 1782

15hg9bk.jpg

It doesn’t look like Japan has really recovered from last time around. Damaraland rebels then the regular monthly revolts hit Thang Long and Bundjalung.

Peace with Castile - September 1782

14o7ro.jpg

Simply another opportunity to grab some more of Castile. Now I can focus on mainland Portugal - their army still seems to be in North America.

October 1782 and I gain ten cores; Cape, Roggeveld, Great Karoo, Little Karoo, Lesser Namaquala, Calais, Bourbon, Siena, Piedmont and Savoie. Copiapo and Cajamarca rise in arms in November.

By January 1783 I’m at +80 war score against Great Britain but I’ve still four provinces to take just south of the Mexican border. War score against Portugal is 28 and I’m just launching an attack on the Portuguese heartland now my stacks have recovered from Castile. The war with Japan is +61 and proceeding steadily. Binh Tri Thien revolts.

27th January 1783 and the Great Man event fires for my 6* Banker. Now I just need to find something to spend two stability points on. I don’t have a CB on any Sunni nations but I do have spies. Time to try the ‘Fabricate Claims’ mission against both my Sunni neighbours Morocco and Morea.

jua61j.jpg

DOWing two Sunni neighbours with CB’s will cause two stab hits which I can recover by the event. I’ll also pick up two points of war exhaustion something I’ll just have to live with.

1om934.jpg

Neither country has allies or protectors…

War with Morocco - January 1783

2lxuj6c.jpg

War with Morea - January 1783

24l4pwh.jpg

The inevitable revolts hit Kham, Friuli and Roussillon. And yes war exhaustion is only 3.38 after the 2 point hit from those DOWs. I’ve been doing a lot of micromanaging. Then again support limits are affected by Technology so it does get easier to move small to medium size armies as the game progresses.

Huanuco revolts in March while I’m scrabbling to get troops in place for these new wars. Oberpfalz converts as the month ends. Armagnac, Franche-Comte and Roggeveld all revolt in April. Mongnai converts. Tripolitania cores at the start of May and it’s time for…

Peace with Great Britain - May 1783

1zp79s9.jpg

That’s all of British South America and Mesoamerica as well as Wales, one province in Norway and another province in Brittany. I want to leave Southern England untouched because I can easily run up a significant war score without really trying. Glamorgan, Toubkhal and Xishuan Banna all rebel during the month.

June brings uprisings in Kamiliroi and Barrunggam.

Peace with Japan - July 1783

depagl.jpg

Itamaraca rebels. August brings rebellions in Provence, Alicante, Tumbes and Charcas.

Peace with Morocco - August 1783

30d9i51.jpg

By September I’m only at war with Morea and Portugal both are waiting on sieges of large fortresses by failed assault exhausted stacks. There are alternatives to peace…

Rebel Count = 5894 (+58)
Rebels = 28,550,000 (+228,000)

----------​

The route I was thinking is raise troops, send as far east Siberia as you can. Load onto transports, sail to Alaska, land troops, storm fort, rest fleet. Troops continue to next province, fleet returns to pick up more troops and land troops in Alaska and returns to pick up more. Rinse and repeat until you have troops moving all the way way down into Baja and thence into British Mexico. Batches of 16 regiments. At least 5 of. 10 would be better. The ability to maintain the advance is what is required. You may want to save Canada and Mexico to drag the big powers into new wars, but why bother. I am pencilling in a TSC for 1785. You'll be a cycle dealing with that.

Don't leave the far east out of it. War with Japan, now.
You got the update in, great, through gritted teeth.

Nice Great Man event. You'll get rid of Morea this war. Morocco next. Hope Sweden reduces the Sunnis further before your next war with them. Venezuela had better have some ally, you haven't DoWed yet. You made war pay for more units and that's good.

Mexico, Ryuku for Japan to OPM and Cyprus to bring in France, hopefully. Mexico has probably allied with GB by now.

Last edited:
Just found this. Naiz!!

I kinda hoped you would do Chimu WC next time, considering it's even harder(perhaps the hardest?) challenge. :)

But no complaints! I just so happy to have another legendary AAR of Master Prawnstar. I will start reading right now.

By the wya, is there any reason you are sticking to HTTT?

By September I’m only at war with Morea and Portugal both are waiting on sieges of large fortresses by failed assault exhausted stacks. There are alternatives to peace…

Mexico?

edit: you started the reconquest of South america 15 years ago. Depending on the alliances with Venezuela, you can probably conquer the continent in 18 years. Impressive. Most impressive. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
When we left I’d just started wars with most of the rest of the World.

Best. Start. Ever. :rofl:

Very nice to get the great man event. Hopefully one or more of Mali/Sokoto/Kanem Bornu get taken care of my someone other than you.

EDIT:
He'd rather spend money on booze than on games. :p

Not booze, decorative gravel.

By the wya, is there any reason you are sticking to HTTT?
That's IN, actually.
I'm not sure which other expansion he got, only HTTT or even DW.

Well done, and best of luck to finish off the unhordish baddies :)

One more sunni nation? Deeply annoying:(
I guess you'll need a lot more 6* advisors... through annexation, maybe?:D

After two weeks at long last I've arrived at chapter 96! Well, there went at least 10 hours of my life that I'll never get back. And was it ever worth it! So worth it, I was inspired to actually post something! And I learned quite a few things, too. But mostly it was entertaining. Nice work! Now, off to find the often mentioned Native American saga. So long, 10 more hours :)