• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chapter Ninety Five

The World in January 1780

15d2ws1.jpg

Something to note is that neither the Caribbean or the Eastern Seaboard of North America are within my naval range (Northern Brazil barely is). This means that until I can establish land control of provinces in the area my fleets will pick up a lot of attrition damage. Not good if those waters are hostile and any of the AI’s group a single fleet (GB & Castile both do that).

Countries of the World

Ran out of fingers and toes

Portugal
Sweden
Castile
Great Britain

Quite big

France : 14
Mexico : 11
Cherokee : 10
USA : 9
Japan : 9
Venezuela : 9
Canada : 9
Iroquois : 8

Two wars small

Ireland : 5
Scotland : 4
Peru : 4
Quebec : 3
Chimu : 3
Milan : 2
Haiti : 2

Roadkill

Cyprus : 1
Tuscany : 1
Sardinia : 1
Ryukyu : 1
Papal States : 1
Corsica : 1
Gotland : 1

Problems

Morocco (Sunni) : 4
Sokoto (Sunni) : 2
Kanem Bornu (Sunni) : 1
Morea (Sunni) : 1​

And since I’m doing some random screenies…

Comparative Technology

11l66uc.jpg

Armies

6hlria.jpg

Navies

2wmetls.jpg

1780 starts quietly with no rebels until February; Castilla La Vieja, Gangwon and Guayra. Chaco Boreal and Solikamsk revolt in March. Solikamsk is by event, my nearest units are on the coast of modern day Pakistan! Itenines revolts in April. May has four revolts; Champassak, Jiangsu, the Kurils and Shikoku. June brings revolts in Vizcaya and Minas Gerais. War exhaustion is only falling slowly as I’m picking up attrition running an extra 24 regiments to South America. Sweden sends a warning at the end of the month which makes some future decisions interesting. July has revolts in Anhui and Cuenca. August has another four revolts; Marches, Fez, Pirineo and Diamentina. September also brings four revolts; Limousin, Bundjalung, Sayin Noyan and Atacama.

War with Tuscany - 1st October 1780

op5xys.jpg

2efnxmt.jpg

Only Sweden has any serious capacity to fight. Every one of these foes can be hurt in this war… Haixi, Xeres and Rio de la Plata rebel.

War with Cherokee - 2nd October 1780

2u5crcy.jpg

amyzjd.jpg

Sweden having already joined a war against me can’t join this one. Iroquois and Cherokee are landlocked so this essentially a straight war against Portugal once primitive minor Chimu is knocked out. Toubkhal rebels.

War with Cyprus - 3rd October 1780

2aill6e.jpg

2cgil2.jpg

This is a straight war against Great Britain, I may occupy Cyprus for the war score but my goals are a large chunk of the British Empire. Tangiers, Hinggan, Vanuatu, Copiapo and Chungcheong rebel.

War with Venezuela - 4th October 1780

11mf2w9.jpg

2mdl9qg.jpg

DOWing Cherokee means I’m already at war with Portugal so this war becomes a straight fight with Castile once Venezuela is knocked out. Ndongo and Atacama rebel.

The overall effect of that lot is to put me into separate wars with the four biggest powers with each of them as alliance leader - so the potential +25 war score from battles will count against them. If I’m going to be jumped by minors it’s hopefully going to be now. A TSC would be inconvenient!

If you haven’t followed the reasoning then go back and check the alliances for each war to see how the majors have all been pulled into battle one on one.

Rebel Count = 5836 (+33)
Rebels = 28,322,000 (+122,000)

----------​

IIRC, didn't the majors that couldn't join war #2 lose their alliance too? :)

I count 88 big ships arrayed against you in bite-sized chunks. What ratio do you need to guarantee your wargalleons success against their threedeckers? Anything lower than 5:1 and you're home and dry (or should that be wet?).

So now you're at war with almost half the (remaining) nations on earth. Congrads. Although I don't understand your war on Portugal - can you break through the fleets of all these naval enemies to reach Portugal's NA holdings?

edit: or is the goal their european stuff?

Last edited:
Wow, this looks like a lot of action. The Khan should be careful.

I'm afraid my English is too pityful for an AAR *sigh* I still have great fun reading yours ;)

Ivashanko- Ok! :) Ín this matter you are right.
What else can be a challenge after a pagan and a tribal (almost) WC?..

Just take everyone's coastline, causing their naval force limit to drop, which will cause their navy to put them in a bankrupcy spiral. :)

The AI tends not to come out and fight if its outnumbered, even if you have antiquated ships. It just counts 100 big ships and keeps out of the way unless it can put something like 100 big ships together. Thus unless Prawnstar actually lures them out, they won't fight even if their superior tech would win when outnumbered. Provided he covers his transports with his war fleet he can sail troops wherever he wants without the AI interfering. (as has already been seen with the invasion of England).

Well, as you said, he's at war with everyone on the way, so he could just march to their NA holdings! :D

Before he reaches Portugese NA, he has to go through a shitload of provinces as well as cross Mexico and Castille. That's going to take a lot of time. OTOH, if, as the arch mede says, the AI can be duped to leave his transports alone, there won't be a problem (other than the 100k portugese troops :wacko:

Masterful.

Even without DOWing Mexico, you can reach all your enemies in the Americas. Throwing troops into the western seaboard from Siberia via transports and Baja California opens up British and French Mexico. From there it's into Castile, Cherokee, Iroquois, Portuguese and GB north america.

Sweden serves up its south american province and a line of provinces to french west africa.

If you can push, GB's WE over 15, you could get defections.

It's true, a TSC would be inconvenient and mainly in Africa and the Americas.

Neat war cascade. Now it's a good time to tie the khan to the saddle. Very tightly.

Just take everyone's coastline, causing their naval force limit to drop, which will cause their navy to put them in a bankrupcy spiral. :)

Indeed, maybe you can get all the provinces surrounding London in this war...

So now you're at war with almost half the (remaining) nations on earth. Congrads. Although I don't understand your war on Portugal - can you break through the fleets of all these naval enemies to reach Portugal's NA holdings?

edit: or is the goal their european stuff?

Well, another reason could be keeping them out of the Castilian war. Perhaps Castille couldn't be reached alone (which was kind of the whole point in that DoW sequence) without getting Portugal out of the equation first?

That is epic. Dear lord, I'm not certain it will go well, but you certainly surprised quite a few europeans there.