• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not truly blessed enough, not an ADM 7 Khan. He could have come along before you came out of that TSC. Here we go again, folks! And Pyonyang and Gyonsang get to join in, too. Japanese WE is above 15, so you can get defections - minimum time is three years.If you stay at war with them and keep their WE above 15 all their provinces bar the capital will defect to you. Then you annex.

Now, you are playing tag with rebels (nothing new there) and Castilian troops in Brazil. How large are those Portuguese armies? Engineer corps was a good idea.

If Morea hasn't DoW, I think it is time to release as a vassal. Now that you have a Khan again, you can decalre war. Hopefully, you can find one against Ming, Wu, Korea and Ryuoko that will bring in Pattani. A couple of new 16 rgt armies to be used for rebel smashing and recovery for shipment to Castile's south american pacific colonies. once those provinces are the Hordes, wait awhile to see if anything cores against Chimu and Portuguese South America. For, I sense, it will then be time for France to receive some Horde attention courtesy of the Congo.

looks like theres a new

epicwinphotosstartrekpl.jpg

In town!

I've played through the TSC and the aftermath (mostly). My fear that it would be nearly 1780 before the Horde could resume serious expansionism looks to be unduly pessimistic.

Update probably Tuesday - corporate politics means I'm eating out tomorrow night with someone higher up my management ladder - someone who can get rid of all my routine stuff and get me into high profile project work :cool:

I've played through the TSC and the aftermath (mostly). My fear that it would be nearly 1780 before the Horde could resume serious expansionism looks to be unduly pessimistic.

TSC difficulty self-corrects. A hard one slows you down, which makes the next one easier. and vice-versa ...

Also being on low WE and a good DIP makes for much less additional spawn during the 2 years.

Update probably Tuesday - corporate politics means I'm eating out tomorrow night with someone higher up my management ladder - someone who can get rid of all my routine stuff and get me into high profile project work :cool:

:cool:
More higher profile ========

MORE GRAVEL
BWHAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Oooh and maybe Divine Wind?

Good job in Brazil, I take that the artillery and the shiny new NI are helping with those ridiculous forts.... And nice freebies from Japan, always welcome! :D

...someone who can get rid of all my routine stuff and get me into high profile project work :cool:

Sounds like a genie... as long as you don't have to rub the lamp too much - good luck!

FEEDBACK

loki100 - Rebellion, being fashionable in the Horde, is fashionable everywhere! We're invading Brazil for the Beach Volleyball ;)

sad king billy - Japan's entire fleet sank. The defection rule is your WE under 5, their's over 15 and the province being non-state culture so potentially I could get all of Korea and Manchuria.

Tmac - Pimp my Horde :rofl:

Malurous - Getting to Brazil took over a year! My troops were assembling in Thrace then they had to work around to the Red Sea before shipping out to West Africa to reinforce after attrition at sea then wait for a gap in the Castilian patrols rebuild and make a dash for a Level 2 fortress province to hit the beach and storm the fort so I could get the ships into port before Castile responded. I kept thinking I'd mess up caught up in micromanagement of rebels.

kataglottisma - Apologies for the length of the thread I just keep rambling on ;)

To be honest I'd not bother with this if it wasn't for writing an AAR - as long as it interests people then I'm motivated to keep going.

no7892142 - He's not that good - still getting tax penalties for poor admin rating.

Chief Ragusa -
State culture provinces don't defect so only Korea/Manchuria could defect.

Portugal has 200k troops :eek: but only around 60k manpower :D

Pattani has no diplomatic entanglements at all - I'll have to DOW

There should be a long series of carefully plotted DOWs after the TSC :cool:

The Arch Mede - Handy that, it is making Europe and South East Asia a lot easier.

poloport - Fortunately I'm not yet wearing a girdle ;)

esk1m0 - Georgia is already part of the Horde. Shoudn't that plate be in Cyrillic?

Enewald - Cunning but dead :D

Sque - Sounds good!

Derdiedas - It's the only way to get paid more - doing a good job without getting noticed rarely gets rewarded. Basically I want to do the interesting things in the department and pass the dull stuff onto someone who wants a quiet life :)

Tmac - There are only three real problems now, TSCs, Western navies and DOWing Sunnis.

The Arch Mede - There does seem to be an element self-correction but I suspect WE control is the key.

blsteen - Indeed, more gravel, clearly a higher priority than DW :rofl:

Johan11 - It could be far worse.

Fireaxe888 - True, that would really hurt.

esk1m0 - Let's hope not :eek:

phalanx369 - Perhaps.

aldriq - A Siege 2 general with six regiments of artillery and a couple of cavalry units works very well at sieges in Brazil but there aren't many Level 5's there.

Chapter Ninety Two​

This TSC starts with 220 rebellions and 1,176,000 rebels. Based on past experience I’ll see nearly the same number again in the next two years. It’s unfortunate but I expect my armies still fighting in Iberian Castile will be distracted. Brazil on the other hand will continue as planned.

The maps don’t look much different from the last TSC barely three years ago. I’ve added a few provinces and gained a few cores but the effects are marginal in the overall picture.

January’s regular rebel check has fourteen revolts; Anhalt, Berg, Franche-Comte, Shoa, Luanda, Nevers, Limburg, Urungwe, Taranaki, Guyuan, Binh Tri Thien, Lombardia, Valencia and Roussillon.

February is calmer with only seven revolts; Halland, Limburg, Badiyat Ash Sham, Ifat, Leon, Treviso and Whangarei.

March starts with a warning from OPM Ming and the conversion of Osnabruck. The revolts are in Delhi, Kashmir and Delagoa Bay.

There are eight revolts in April; Golconda, Bali-Lombok, Karbala, Burgos, Girona, Bangalore, Taranaki and Brescia.

May has six revolts; Aorangi, Ratibor, Liaodong, Sumbawa, Jiangmen and Chittagong.

June sees six revolts; Auvergne, Guyuan, Riau, Raichur Doab, Provence and Hainaut.

Only Ferrara and Koch revolt in July.

August is back up to six rebellions; Gojjam, Antwerpen, Friesland, Liege, Bryansk and Heiloingjiang.

Ming declares War - August 1770

ym2o1.jpg

Well it least it means I won’t waste too many diplomats during this TSC.

September has another five revolts; Rhodes, Vastergotland, Bahrain, Budjak and Girona.

October brings seven uprisings; Riga, Istria, Koln, Azow, Kongu, Xuan Fu and Parma.

November 1770 starts with 13 cores ex French mainly in Central Europe but some in Southern Africa as well. Canada has picked up a couple of provinces in the American South West through religious defection. Great Britain continues to struggle to control it’s empire. There are seven more revolts; Azerbaijan, North Ufa, Berbera, Navarra, Ceuta, Loango and Woiworung.

Portugal sends a warning days later…

December sees six more revolts; Tara, Jaipur, Mordvar, Kerman, Quetta and Aden.

January 1771 and I’m still at war with Japan and Castile! Slow progress continues in Brazil and mainland Iberia. The war with Ming and Wu should end within months as I clear some rebels first. Milan sends a warning early in the month. Prestige is solidly stuck at -100 and there’s no plan or scheme in place just endless march and counter march.

There are also another five revolts; Bergslagen, Malindi, Sistan, Simbirsk and Bithynia.

February starts with seven more revolts; Ansbach, Zheteru, Gorka, Champassak, Gorz, Badiyat Ash Sham and Uteve.

Peace with Wu - February 1771

19ml2d.jpg

Wu is now an OPM, Ming is still in the war although not for much longer. Taiwan is still occupied by a local Pretender from the last TSC!

Ming annexed - February 1771

2aj8jsm.jpg

Another of the major players has gone.

March 1771 and I get another seven scattered cores. The Court has changed recently with my 6* Trade Efficiency guy dying and now I’ve been able to replace him.

2111k74.jpg

Both the PE and Interest guys could trigger +2 stab events.

There are of course rebels this month; Franche Comte, Szolnok, Hovd, Bukhara, Rzhev and Fyn.

April 1771 and war exhaustion is down to zero!

e7icxs.jpg

Looks like I’ll come out of this war in better shape than Castile or Japan. War aims now are all of Castilian Brazil. After that there’ll be a trip to North Africa to pick up another 30k of reinforcements and then it’s time to trigger that Portuguese warning. There are eight more revolts; Artois, Mozambique, Bastar, Thang Long, Sukthothai, Altai, Liaodong and Rzhev.

May and another eight uprisings; Ceuta, Mozambique, Pegu, Blois, Messina, Tara, Solikamsk and Jabal Shammar.

June brings six more revolts; Anjou, Berg, Suhar, Jiangmen, Liangshan and Golconda.

July has another five rebellions; Chenzhou, Calais, Roma, Gorka and Berezov.

August has seven revolts; Jylland, Gorz, Nice, Crimea, Riau, Poitou and Alimuly.

September sees only five uprisings; Baden, Hainault, Harer, Lahore and Jizhou.

October also has five rebellions; Friesland, Chahar, Trent, Kisarna and Liguria.

Peruvian Independence - November 1771

ouoy1i.jpg

Peru erupts onto the world stage - there were three occupied provinces in Castilian territory and when they got independence they took all their cores. Peru is at war with Chimu and Portugal as well as Castile.

The Global celebrations as Paddington Bear completes his long walk to freedom mean there are no revolts anywhere in the Horde in November.

December is back to normal with seven revolts; Bern, Archangelsk, Yakutsk, Osijek, Multan, Tambow and Oberlausitz.

January 1772, the last month of the TSC, has six rebellions; Lappland, Fez, Aures, Barrois, Limburg and Udong.

At this point Prestige is -100 as it’s been for the last year or more. There are 68 rebel armies still in the field but that number should start falling quickly in the next few months. I’m still at war with Japan and Castile only one more Brazilian province to capture shame it’s a level five fortress.

February starts with rebellions in Breda and Palawan.

March has a single revolt in Lienz.

June has a revolt in Lesser Namaquala and Gelre converts.

The war is still dragging on - just one more fortress and I’ve some cannons only a few days away…

Wien converts in September 1772.

Peace with Castile - September 1772

6znblf.jpg

I give up on the last Castilian fortress (the Swedish border on the Amazon) as I want to move things along. This is Castilian Brazil and another chunk of North Africa. I also grabbed the Castilian colonies of Guam, Papua and Samoa during the war.

Peace with Japan - September 1772

4rfhhl.jpg

Now I’m on the main island I don’t expect Japan to rest until annexed. I need to do some redeployments; extra troops into Brazil and a boost to the Home Islands strike force. Nagato rebels within days.

South America - September 1772

21tt9l.jpg

It should be clear where I’m heading in the coming war with Portugal.

Cavalry upgrade time

2gui0ps.jpg

Ayutthaya and Ansbach convert in October. Atlas and Ahmadnagar revolt.

November is quiet and December starts with cores on Ordos and Mantua. Breda revolts.

Infantry swap out - December 1772

1zcjuc4.jpg

From here I need about three months to get my transports in the Atlantic loaded and safely into Brazil. After that the Horde can get back to being Hordelike.

Rebel Count = 5684 (+380)
Rebels = 27,705,000 (+1,984,000)

----------​