• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the TSC will make up for the lack of rebellions.

Another core on a Ming province. Great. More.
3-deckers- not good. Looks like the tech inbalance is widening. Wiki suggests a 2:1 advantage is needed for galleons and a 3:2 for war-galleons for an even chance- note I'm taking wiki with more than a pinch of salt

Peace with the Ottomans should quickly follow. Eastern cavalry appear nerfed in IN -pity. Tunisia in the bag. Disappointed to learn you can't reduce the mamluks to a OPM. Is that true even using Brunei? Damn that inadvertent fleet. If it's French, peace with France will soon remove it. True, your fleet will need to move around taking troops to put down island revolts, but a foray to west africa should be undertaken. You made good progress removingthe best part of 41 French regiments and you're into Australia. You'll be taking advances from the Bank of Luxemburg, I take it?

I'd like to see you border Castile. I rather doubt Sweden is capable of taking out the Sunni states in west africa.

The Ming, Japan and Swahili amongst others should be DoWing shortly. So should GB. That should help with the scandinavian rebels. Not so good for removing rebels from islands.

If you begin your war with Castilian Brazil with the fleet offshore poised to unload troops, you'll have one successful deployment.

Three things hinder your money.
Wrong culture
wrong religion
non-core

Three more
Your production tech is so low, you're not making enough money -no industrial revolution for the Horde
with low trading tech, your monopolies aren't yielding enough money. The number of CoTs you hold, you ought to be making lots of ducats a month.
too low centralization - the last few slider moves would have been centralization for me. I'd rather have a few more revolts, with lots more money.

another three
Stab +2 rather than +3 is a big loss of earnings
marketplaces provide a substantial boost to income.
I'm not sure how many provinces the Horde had conquered by 1534, but I'm guessing it's more than the 7 (I think) cultural assimilations. Low ADM Khans have really slowed the spread of Tartar culture.

The 50% penalty for tech is biting hard.

Last edited:
That update was less than a year, right? The sample size is too small, a quiet month or two will skew the rebel statistics! :D

Add a custom decision: UN election monitoring. It doesn't make any difference, but everyone feels like they've done something.

Having another TSC start as soon as this one is over would be too simple. What we need is a secret (rebel-led) society which assassinates the Khan every five years and one day. No doubt Prawnstar would come up with some way to conquer France even in a state of perpetual TSC, and I want to see how.

Having another TSC start as soon as this one is over would be too simple. What we need is a secret (rebel-led) society which assassinates the Khan every five years and one day. No doubt Prawnstar would come up with some way to conquer France even in a state of perpetual TSC, and I want to see how.

That's almost as sadistic as wanting gravel.

FEEDBACK

Enewald - It's certainly a plan for somewhere in the fairly near future - I want to push through for a border with Castile.

poloport - They're just resting :(

Boris ze Spider - I'm not a big fan of artillery so I'm only using smalish amounts to boost three field armies facing the French.

LoneWolfEburg - This TSC is rather different to the last TSC!

The Arch Mede - That's my sort of luck - it'll take death to sort out my relationship problems :rofl:

Malurous - It's a very long wait from where I'm sitting right now - I suspect beating the Latins in a few years time will be all about manouvre rather than actual combat. I'd like to beat France about before they start fielding lots of those troops.

Vesimir - Isn't he!

Johan11 - I know, it'll need a fair bit of planning and some luck.

LoneWolfEburg - Oh well if it's just dramatic tension... :rolleyes:

Macknull - In less than a year - the update was going to be a lot longer butthe Khan died.

anweRU - You'll get your answers very soon!

Chief Ragusa -
I'm certain the TSC will make up for any recent lack of rebels :(

The naval gap isn't looking good and there's no way I'll be able to take on the main flet of any Latin nation :(

The Mamluks are still nearly 150 war score of provinces - they'll survive with three or four even after total defeat.

Given the scale of the TSC there's no way I can deploy troops to West Africa.

Luxembourg had very little money so I use them as additional war score against France.

Sweden has done fairly well in West Africa and as there's quite a while before I get there I can wait and hope they'll do the dirty work for me.

Prepositioning is likely to be the way forward to invade Brazil - of course getting the fleet home and safe for a second wave is another issue.

There are loads of things holding back my economy - the only practical measure I can take is to keep on converting provinces to Sunni. Centralisation would make money but I'd be running even mor revolt risk - which isn't good.

Cultural assimilation is nice but rare so I treat it as a bonus - conversion is the magic bullet.​

Malurous - Exactly.

loki100 - Possibly, they're sneaky like that :mad:

Tmac - I hope it doesn't happen - this TSC is quite intense.

naggy - In the Horde everyone does get to do something - they get to rebel!

rho - Nasty, TSCs are fun but not too often as they're starting to take four to five years of game time to resolve - the rebels don't stop when the TSC is over.

naggy - Beware Karma on the gravel comments ;)

OrangeYoshi - You're right we've a forum filled with gravel hating weirdos - damn the Internet for bringing these freaks together and into society!

Chapter Seventy Nine

So we all know the story, rebels, lots of rebels. In this case 239 revolts with 1,173,000 rebels.

Europe

2ezhfrn.jpg

There’s a couple of tactical problems to resolve here. I need to establish a couple of cleared Horde provinces to retreat my units in France to.

The Red Sea

b3r3b7.jpg

China

2mnndop.jpg

South East Asian Mainland

2jfhvg7.jpg

South East Asian Islands

Well there’s meant to be a screenshot here but I guess I forgot because I can’t find one. Anyway visualise Indonesia and the Philippines up in arms and you’re pretty much there.

There are scattered rebels in Norway, Novgorod, India and South Africa.

November also has six regular rebellions; Makassar, Azow, Chin, Mantua, Osnabruck and Blambangan.

December starts with four new cores; Mocha, Mahra, Narjan and Hadramut. This Khan has the +3RR Incapable Ruler trait so I get 8 rebellions this month; Wien, Najd, Al Jawf, Naga, Gilan, Kachin, Treviso and Sichuan Pendi. Halland converts at the end of the month.

Peace with France - January 1735

24zkwvl.jpg

A push further into Southern France and of course an extra province in South Africa. Along the way I seized French colonies in Tasmania and Western Australia.

January has six more uprisings; Vermandois, Viet Bac, Narjan, Tirol, Apulia and Moghulistan.

February sees eight revolts; Tavastland, Liwa, Azerbaijan, Great Karoo, Allahabad, Vientiane, Anhalt and Sichuan Pendi.

March has eight more rebellions; Koln, Kalisz, Qarabagh, Calabria, Udiapur, Panduranga, Othe and Ustyug.

Peace with the Mamluks - April 1735

17a5mx.jpg

Not quite 100% victory but they couldn’t be reduced to an OPM in this war. I’ve cleared the southern Nile provinces with one small stack, the unit in Mamluk territory is heading for Arabia. Brabant sends a warning a few days later. April’s also a six revolt month; Brabant, Luxembourg, Istria, Gharchistan, Kassel and Datong.

There are eight more rebellions in May; Hainault, Hamburg, Brunswick, Mecklenburg, Simbirsk, Tajura, Lahore and Angora.

June 1735 starts with cores on Mandla and Golconda. I also remember to make peace with the Ottomans for those two provinces in Tunisia leaving them an OPM.

os7von.jpg

I need to capture some more Algerian territory then I can make peace with them and finally Brunei. There are also another six revolts in June; Krain, Samara, Hamadan, Bakkar, Ladakh and Kelantan.

Europe - July 1735

13za8mw.jpg

That doesn’t look to bad but the rebel armies in Northern Italy are… numerous and I’m running out of momentum as I have to stop and reclaim provinces. There’s so much travelling to do I can’t not storm a weakly held rebel fortress simply so I don’t have to go back in hurry.

Indochina - July 1735

15xpp1g.jpg

I’ve culture flipped Taiwan so it’s held by Horde Revolutionaries and can be ignored. The Andaman Isles are still Cosmopolitaine so the rebels there are Champagne nationalists who can defect hence that island is a higher priority.

The South East Asian Islands - July 1735

157nhgh.jpg

Looking tricky here - at least I have a second small force boarding ships just off screen to the North from the Philippines main island. Key targets include reclaiming Borneo where rebels are causing problems with the war. I also need to sweep through Java (hard as the rebel Infantry are Grenzers), Sumatra, the Moluccas and a couple of non-culture flipped ex-French colonies.

Elsewhere the army in West Africa is fighting on the Veldt and will then take ship for Sri Lanka which has fallen to pre TSC rebels. Hang on you say but your fleet’s island hopping in the East! I’ve built a second transport fleet in the Persian gulf, 32 merchantmen - no warships yet but they pack enough punch to sweep away any pirates or light ship patrols that get in the way.

July has five uprisings; Bersh, Rhodes, Yakesa, Franken and Salzburg.

August sees five more rebellions; Maldives, Gondwana, Bakkar, Pahang and Wallachia. My Prestige has crashed to -100. It’s the endless loss of provinces to the rebels - I’ve burned through ~110 points of prestige in about 9 months of TSC.

September is another five rebellion month; Hovd, Gaza, Prey Nokor, Trent and Luxembourg.

October calms down a bit with only three revolts; Cape, Hinggan and Baluchistan. The whole TSC does feel as if it’s getting away from me at this point. There are a lot of secondary sieges underway after rebels have taken their home province.

November has seven uprisings; Artois, Hainault, Smyrna, Kuznetsk, Arakan, Fengyuan and Panduranga.

December starts on a positive note with a bunch of cores; Asyut, Cyrenaica, Athens, Janina, Hum, Ragusa and Bosnia. It goes downhill with eight revolts; Tula, Mangyshlak, Buhkara, Kandahar, Qamdo, Solikamsk, Running and Xishuan Banna.

January 1736 has eleven rebellions; Halogaland, Brandenburg, Franken, Goa, Nice, Gizhiga, Bihn Tri Thien, Utrecht, Hovd, Altai and Khandesh.

February has only five revolts: Pegaya Orda, Albania, Kurland, Ruppin and Tula.

March just three revolts; Worms, Panipat and Shaanxi.

April brings a warning from Japan. There are also nine more rebellions; Gelre, Osel, Metz, Lothringen, Bratsk, Shoa, Ferrara, Linz and Oudh.

May has another ten revolts; Kexholm, Yakutsk, Little Karoo, Verona, Friuli, Hinggan, Samarkand, Languedoc, Friesland and Luxembourg.

June brings eight more revolts; Konya, Delagoa Bay, Mandla, Vyazma, Osel, Delhi, Hovd and Tanna Tuva.

July’s bad with eleven revolts; Akershus, Romagna, Holland, Szolnok, Bern, Franche-Comte, Kursk, Vientiane, Guyuan, Jharkhand and Sandomierz.

August has another eight rebellions; Delagoa Bay; Karnten, Gorz, Transylvania, Astrakhan, Dangla, Xilin Gol and Katmandu.

Peace with Algiers - September 1736

1fiibo.jpg

Algiers is now an OPM although I’m not confident I can hold that isolated province.

Peace with Brunei - September 1736

121a6g9.jpg

Brunei is also an OPM - I suspect it was a mistake to continue the war through the TSC as war exhaustion has got away from me - it’s currently 6.59. The basic problem here is that the intensely focused management of attrition I normal apply is lost as I’m hurrying troops around too quickly to pay attention.

September might bring peace but it also brings eleven new uprisings: Nice, Vladimir, Ingermanland, Van, Judea, Aceh, Mongnai, Altai, Limburg, Barrois and Sukthothai.

The start of October brings more cores; Cayagan, Assam, Bhutan and Brahmaputra. There are another eight rebellions; Vorpommern, Ancona, Macedonia, Ulaanchab, Amdo, Little Karoo, Panduranga and Allahabad.

November the last month of the TSC has five revolts; Lienz, Mantua, Gorz, Sagaing and Bozhou.

December and Libya and Sirt core. Someone forgot to tell the RNG that the TSC is over - there are six new uprisings this month; Trier, Bali-Lombok, Niederbayern, Oberpfalz, Yunnan and Ordos.

Apologies for the lack of screenshots throughout the TSC - the whole thing has been just a bit tricky and I got rather caught up in the micromanagement.

As of the 1st January 1737;

There are still 108 rebel armies in the field, 60 provinces under rebel siege and 81 rebel occupied provinces.​

Europe - January 1737

5rw2x.jpg

This is one of the more under control areas - I’ve actually ran one of my 24 regiment stacks to the Caucasus and another is marching on the Baltic as my Scandinavian garrison is fighting deep in the Ukraine.

The Middle East - January 1737

dvrhmv.jpg

It’s a lot less under control around here - perhaps because I started with no troops in this area.

Further East

2vcuzxh.jpg

The Islands

260d2zl.jpg

Rebel Count = 3911 (+423)
Rebels = 18,646,000 (+2,091,000)

----------​

Holy carp! Holy holy carp!

(Have I awarded you another cookie for this? If not, take it, for your patience deservers it.)

Ah i guess they rested enough and are now getting back to work :D

Though the rebels in Europe seem to be a little unproductive... Maybe you should consider replacing them for east-asian rebels?

Holy Hell, finally caught up with this thread. How/when do you plan on getting to the americas? Or is that not on the table for now? The way I see it it'd be safest to go from china to california/mexico?

Another 239 rebel stack TSC. You nearly doubled that during the duration of the TSC.
Topped 2 million rebels. You deal with that with ease, even if it did seem as though it was getting away from you. 32 merchantmen -smart move.

More territory off France. They're a shadow of their former self. Getting the Balaerics might be tricky.

The maps show just how far you have reduced the Ming. The Ottos are set up for the kill and the Mamluks are two wars away from the end. Brunei is also OPM. You took a risk with Algeria. You do have a border with Castile again. Their north african lands will connect the provinces.

I'll take your word about Sweden expanding.

Now you have Grenzers in Java. Your troubles there do keep mounting. I do hope you get troops there to recover your lands before they defect. Rebel controlled French Italy ought to create some new states.

War with Brabant ought to settle those northern rebels for you. And allow you to beat up on France again. Though you'll likely DoW Genoa.