• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aye, but his are still kittens. They're a lot more expensive when they are old cats. Vet visits, medications...
As for the horde, I am eagerly waiting to see the final province and rebel tally.
You bet,
plus the girlfriend, don't forget the girlfriend....$$$$

FEEDBACK

Chief Ragusa -
I don't know a route across the Northern Pacific so it would be the long way around. Apart from anything else the attrition is nasty on the Northern route. The diplomatic situation is adequate for endless war ;)

The Far East is under control :D

I'm planning to take advantage of any opportunity to reduce the remaining Sunnis.

Mexico and Ryukyu yes, France by another route.​

highsis - Thanks, this should keep you busy for a while - apparently it takes 10 hours to catch up now! I seem to recall Martman posted a Chimu Americas and he's explained the approach at length. For me Chimu isn't really different enough to Iroquois when you appreciate this is easily 30 hours a week for 6+ months. HttT, no I haven't moved on from IN yet - mainly because I haven't got around to it :D

sad king billy - South America will be Horde by 1790.

Vesimir - It's not really an issue of money since I work full time I just haven't got around to buying HttT. I've Vicky2 to play...

Malurous - I'm starting to think mentioning the gravel may have been a bad idea :rofl:

Enewald - With luck on TSCs I think WC is possible from here - although I'm struggling with Level 5 7 6 fortresses.

GaiusC - Yeah, I'm still playing IN - I might not get around to the other expansions as I plan to try some other games afte this AAR and surely EU4 is due soon?

Wolfhashat - Good point, even if I did buy an upgrade I couldn't install until after I'd finished this AAR.

Ygor - Seeing a new Sunni OPM was not a happy moment :mad:

Cuddles Kill - Glad you liked it and welcome to the forum. The Iroquois AAR can be found in my Inkwell - link in my sig. Be warned it's on the same 'epic' scale as this AAR :cool:

aldriq - I'm increasingly confident I can take all of North America before 1820 and the British part before then.

loki100 - The cats are expensive and someone is hinting we should get another kitten - that'll be five! Not keen - some days I come to breakfast and if they've eaten all their food overnight it's like the hills have eyes :eek:

anweRU - I forsee Pet Insurance in my future - at about £8 a month per cat :eek:

sprites - The fates of Mali and Ryukyu will become clear in the next update :)

blsteen - True but it's mainly the household bills that really hurt.

Chapter Ninety Seven

I may be ready for war in September 1783 but my frontline stacks aren’t. Jiangsu and Timbuktu revolt. Quito and Tshiyet Noyan revolt in October.

War with Ryukyu - November 1783

s3ek9k.jpg

War with Mexico - November 1783

28ba5fp.jpg

Mexico was allied to Sweden and Venezuela and guaranteed by Great Britain. Charcas, Panama, Luanda and Patos revolt at the news. Chorotega and Natal are the normal monthly uprisings. Thang Long converts at the end of the month.

December sees another three revolts; Ganzhou, Crete and Franche-Comte. Ryukyu is annexed just before the end of the year. January 1784 has four new uprisings; Utrecht, Little Karoo. Caranga and Magdalena. February sees revolts in Sjaelland, Magdalena and Barinas. Azeri Qarabagh culturally assimilates.

Peace with Japan - February 1784

23lgvo5.jpg

This leaves Japan an OPM - and the only enemy province East of Cyprus.

March sees Munchen convert to Sunni and Berg revolts.

The first great battle of the war

2vs2g44.jpg

The Swedes have better land tech than me and Latin units but their lack of cores in West Africa over the years has seen them recruit a lot of African Spearman regiments. Attrition will hurt me (about 0.5 war exhaustion!) but should see that stack wrecked before it can get back into Swedish territory. I have a small dilemma in how hard I hit Sweden as they are the only candidate for beating up the African Sunni minors.

April has revolts in; Chaco Boreal, Satsuma, Salamanca and Lyonnais.

May’s rebellions are in Shikoku, Atacama and Sakhalin.

Wadjuk cores in June. The war has come to a temporary standstill as my assault exhausted armies stand to in Mexico and I reinforce the damaged stacks in West Africa. Jinan rebels.

July sees uprisings in Fez and Poitou.

August it’s the turn of Anhui and Yucatan.

Peace with Venezuela - August 1784

nl3dba.jpg

I was close to 5 diplomats so I stop waiting for an offer from the AI. Venezuela is now an OPM. Sieges are taking an eternity and my battle stacks in Mexico are utterly drained. I’ve not been able to get a clean kill on the Mexican army, pushing it back but not finishing it off. At months of travel time from Horde territory the armies take along time to reinforce.

Paredarerme cores in September. The month also sees a lot of rebel activity; Settsu. Owari, Barrois, Xeres, Chaco Boreal, Nazca, Magdalena and Picunmapu. October is calmer with revolts in Navarra and Quito. November has three revolts; Glamorgan, Caceres and Huancavelica.

Morea annexed - December 1784

pw0o2.jpg

Take that Dwarves!

Auvergne and Huillimapu rebel later in the month.

January 1785 brings revolts in Rio Grande and Wiradjuri. Salzburg converts. The whole world conquest has ground to a halt over the last year. Measures to restart the action are needed…

February starts with another seven ex-French cores and five more uprisings; Hizen, Taranaki, Lima, Huillimapu and Patagonia Occidental. Luang Prabang converts soon after.

War with Haiti - February 1785

2ljp6af.jpg

Cherokee as alliance leader isn’t great since I can’t get to their territory but the main point of this war is OPM Haiti and take some more French possessions. There’s another four revolts at the news; Ostmarch, Satsuma, Liguria and Guayaquil. Piedmont rebels in March.

Peace with Sweden - April 1785

2mm60zk.jpg

Two province Sunni minor Sokoto has DOWed Sweden so I make peace and hope the Swedes reduce them to an OPM. There are revolts in Breda and Wukari. May starts with seven cores in the Ethiopia region. There are three more revolts later on; Cantabria, Picunmapu and Chaco Boreal. Ostmarch converts. Satsuma, Ordos and Rio Grande rebel in June. July brings cores on Gabes and Gafsa. Sus and Yucatan rebel during the month. Cartagena revolts in August and Barinas the next month.

Peace with Portugal - September 1785

35krdc4.jpg

Annoyingly I can’t quite take two European mainland provinces without starting sieges on another set of Level 5 fortresses. Still with Barcelona and maxed out Portuguese war exhaustion the main objectives have been achieved.

Peace with France - October 1785

29gioeh.jpg

Lyonnais and Serranos revolt later in the month. At the end of the month there’s another Great Man event…

Looking around the only plausible Sunni candidate is OPM Mali (guaranteed by newly OPM’d Sokoto). Spies into action to fabricate a CB.

2pynimu.jpg

This will get me back to +3 stability a decade ahead of schedule!

27zeozk.jpg

Rebels hit Xeres, Guayaquil, Sichuan Pendi and Thakhek.

Of course to get to Sokoto I need to get through Swedish territory…

War with Gotland - November 1785

2ppfoz9.jpg

That’s another five revolts; Gwynedd, Ile de France, Shandong Bandao, Canelos and Antioquia.

West Africa

350t65w.jpg

I’m at war with:

• Great Britain and Mexico : +89 war score but I’m bogged down in Northern Mexico, this war has a long way to go to get the provinces I want.
  • Cherokee and Haiti : +15 war score, I need to take Haiti’s second province and make peace. Landlocked Cherokee is an irrelevance.
  • Sweden and Gotland : 0 war score, I need a few provinces to connect to Sokoto.
  • Mali and Sokoto : 0 war score. 2 Sunni OPMs to be annexed.

Rebel Count = 5977 (+83)
Rebels = 28,903,000 (+353,000)

----------​

I confess I'm not really happy with progress - all these big fortresses are proving very difficult to take out. Let's hope I can pick the pace up a little in the next few years.

I confess I'm not really happy with progress - all these big fortresses are proving very difficult to take out. Let's hope I can pick the pace up a little in the next few years.
You're doing fine...it's not like you haven't conquered the world before..;)

Get some colonists in Siberia then to give you a northern route.

OPMs Japan, Chimu, Venezuela and Peru all queued to vanish next round. Iam still expecting a TSC in 1785 -I've a month to go. Doubtless you'll get into 1786 without a TSC and then, boom, have a TSC.

If you can take territory from Sweden from north africa to Sokoto and beyond , you'll have a border with KB. Then you'll just have to fabricate a claim and take the 1 stab hit to annex. Taking another chunk of land south of Mali, opens up French west africa. more Castilian and Portuguese land to take there, too.

The army in Haiti is the only one you have that can reinforce the armies in Mexico and that will not be available until peace comes. Until then, you'll just have to seige. I suppose you could ship in fresh troops from Tahiti. You'll probably intend to take all of Britain's mesoamerican and caribbean lands.

Time to start eating Sweden I think - if you don't then taking a connection to Sokoto's province will end up cutting them in half in an area where they aren't fully cored. Although I suppose that you could just kill their rebels for them if they run into that kind of trouble.

Great to see the stab events, hopefully one more advisor like that appears for use against KB and Morocco.

Last edited:
Time to start eating Sweden I think - if you don't then taking a connection to Sokoto's province will end up cutting them in half in an area where they aren't fully cored. Although I suppose that you could just kill their rebels for them if they run into that kind of trouble. :D

Actually there's a way to connect to Sokoto, from the north, without cutting Sweden in half. ;)

Gee, this seems familiar. I seem to remember the Iroquois having problems chewing through level 5 fortresses...

Level five forts are a pain even with westernised infantry to take them. Can't think that they're any fun at all when all you've got is Muslim infantry - it's not like footsoldiers are the natural Horde troops anyway.

I am amused by the very low troop counts in all the opposing alliances now. Great Britain and Sweden only managing to muster 18 big ships between them brings a smile to my face.

How do you plan to defend Caribbean from TSC?
Would be shame if some fools decide to leave the Empire.

What are the most lvl 6 fortress infested areas?

Actually there's a way to connect to Sokoto, from the north, without cutting Sweden in half. ;)

Ah, thanks. Somehow I managed to ignore the northern side... :eek:o

Level five forts are a pain even with westernised infantry to take them. Can't think that they're any fun at all when all you've got is Muslim infantry - it's not like footsoldiers are the natural Horde troops anyway.

Yeah, makes me wonder why MM thought we needed level 10 forts.

Prawnstar, you can still DOW Kanem Bornu, can't you?
Or do you prefer to remain at +3 stab?

Problem is that by not DOWing it before he reach +3 stab he burned all his investment he had invested from 2 to 3.

Oh, thanks, I didn't know that.

TSC! TSC! I want a TSC!