• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Separate peace with Castille and then take as much of Portugal as Cherokee will hand over?

Staying tribal has to be a lot harder than not Westernising. If you had gone Mughal but not Westernised it would be a WC already.

On the subject of less frequent rebellions, how would you say the late game is compared to other world conquests you've done? It does seem that the Horde is finally succeeding in persuading its citizens of the benefits of not being murdered by the army.

I also like the fact that the annoyingly high-level fortresses are now working in your favour in terms of keeping provinces out of rebel hands.

1793 and France is at last an OPM?
Took quite long. Blue Swedish blob still remains.
And yellow and the green ones. Plus USA and some other survivors.

'Survivors: Last stand against the Horde'

human played green blob would trash the horde ^^
some big avdance against Castille :)
now the diplomats will be the limiting factor

I'm sure Venezuela, Scotland and Mexico are amused by the fact that you call ending their existence "simplifying the map". :D

Hopefully there'll be a good enough diplomatic web to keep fighting Portugal pretty much non-stop from now on...

I'm sure Venezuela, Scotland and Mexico are amused by the fact that you call ending their existence "simplifying the map". :D

The cartographers lobbyed hard in favor of these simplifications :D

my recipe for portugal would be using spies to incite colonial revolts. of course leftovers from your next TSC will add spice as well.

FEEDBACK

zemaniac - 30 million rebels soon but not yet - at +3 stab and with a 5* (2.5%) revolt risk reduction advisor most of my longer owned provinces are stable while the American provinces tend to have small (1 - 3 regiment) revolts.

naggy - Modern life is rubbish.

loki100 - The entire game plan has to revolve around getting into wars with Portugal. With Portugal's capital in the Americas I essentially have to destroy another France worth of war score in less than three decades. I don't think it's doable but as the King of the Epic FailTM I have to try :)

Chief Ragusa -
You're right, Castile is on the way out.

There's no real need to capital shift GB anymore - it's not likely to make much difference.

Gotland will survive while Sweden is still quite large - there's a fair way to go in reducing Sweden.

The Portuguese have no releaseable minors - the plan will involve and targetting the higher fortification provinces first so I don't have to take them too often.​

Ygor - Now Portugal's capital is in North America the provinces are basically near full cost - so the challenge is taking out a vassalisation score of near 600 points in under 30 years. The peace deal with Cherokee is about using the way the peace system treats alliance leaders - once fully occupied I've 100% war score even without occupying all or even much of Portugal. At that point Cherokee will give 100 points of Portuguese provinces for peace.

Johan11 - A Regency would be a get out on WC! :D

The Arch Mede - I suspect you're right as the Mughals I could have gone a lot harder earlier.

anweRU - The Horde is remarkably stable internally at the moment. Essentially I don't pick up much war exhaustion any more.

Dewirix - The high revolt risk areas are now the Americas and they just don't spawn many rebels at a time. The conversion drive has pushed nearly as far as the Rhine and most of SE Asia so that's helped as well - but that's true in every WC as nothing beats a conversion as a province improvement.

Enewald -Yip France is an OPM although there are some other problems out there - mainly Portugal.

sprites - You're probably right that a Human player would trash the Horde - basic technique would be to destroy Horde forces during a TSC and let the rebels go wild. The limiting factor is just how fast I can get through wars against Portugal.

Malurous - The diploatic situation is looking very promising for endless war with Portugal - whether or not that'll prove enough is another matter :(

Ygor - Good point :)

blsteen - FRance will die before 1800 :cool:

Zozo - There's nothing left for Portugal to release - I just need to keep attacking them and making peace - fast and often.

praxiteles - Virtually every province is Portuguese and Catholic with a Level 5 fortress - rebels won't do much damage.

Ivashanko - It may come to that at the end of the game but for now Portugal's diplomatic position gives enough options.

aldriq - Controlling both the Dordogne and Tuscany I can buy off rebel leaders with classy holiday homes ;)

Chapter One Hundred and One

1794 starts as you’d expect, there are revolts in St Helena and Jicarilla although does Keng Tung convert. Spring brings further rebellions in Mbaracayu, Apache, Shimano, Patos and Chiancon. By the start of June I’ve completely occupied alliance leader Cherokee; peace will be made at some point in the future for 100 points of Portuguese provinces. I’ll make a separate deal with Castile first. Arkansas, Galicia and Futa Jallon revolt over the Summer. Lothringen, Verona and Treviso all convert in the Autumn. Honduras and Xeres rebels before the end of the year.

Peace with Sweden - December 1794

2ns6r1z.jpg

Steady progress here. Basically I need to wait five years DOW, make peace and then DOW Gotland again. That won’t be enough to finish Sweden but it should make serious progress. Tamaulipas rebels in January

Peace with Castile - February 1795

25sr89l.jpg

That’s Castile’s non-Eastern Seaboard lands in America, their last African province and some more pressure in Iberia. Creek send a warning soon after. The spring of 1795 sees revolts in Pomo, Salish, Dali, Futa Jallon and Cumbria.

Peace with Cherokee - June 1795

zji1aw.jpg

That’s 100 points of Portuguese provinces including Lisbon for only 6 war score! Three days later…

War with Creek - June 1795

9u59at.jpg

Shawnee were allies and Castile had guaranteed Creek. Metz converts and Jicarilla, Illinois, Cartagena and Kii rebel during the month. Fife and Pehuenmapu rebel in July.

War with the Iroquois - August 1795

2igg1ht.jpg

They were guaranteed by Portugal and Cherokee. Mojave, Fiji and Guaycura revolt.

Peace with Shawnee - August 1795

ek5tu.jpg

They are now an OPM - I intend to leave them alone now while they border Portugal as they may draw guarantees. The war moves slowly through the Autumn, Winter and Spring essentially a series of sieges. Of course there are rebels; Leinster, Martinique, Chitimacha, Omaha, Guachichil, Alaska, Ezochi, Jamaica and Piro before the end of the year.

Early 1796 sees more rebels in Ayrshire, Tumbes, Piro, Viet Bac and Tepehuan. Schwyz converts in February and Sjaelland cores in March.

Great Britain declares War - April 1796

a0krqd.jpg

That’s an interesting change! No one has DOWed me in ages. Osage revolts.

Peace with Creek - May 1796

apfpzp.jpg

Shortly after Iroquois offers peace if I pay 475 ducats. Happily accepted, this pushes war score higher against the Portuguese alliance by 3 points and by getting me out of that war early gives me a chance to reDOW sooner. Brescia and Magdalena rise in June with Osage, Navajo and Samoa the next month. Late summer brings revolts in Crete, Havana, Gao and Asturias.

The campaign in England - Summer 1796

qn5ua0.jpg

The large British army was hunted down in destroyed in a series of battles tag teamed by two 30+ regiment Horde stacks.

Ilheus and Lancashire revolt in October. November brings 14 cores in East Africa and China and there are another three the next month.

Peace with Castile - November 1796

ommis.jpg

Castile is now very much an also ran. Of course there are still rebellions; Aleut, Navajo, Jenne and Alentejo. Chuy rebels in December.

As the new year starts I’m at +55 war score over Portugal. The early part of the year brings revolts in Minnesota, Tsimshian, Panama, Lancashire, Atakapa and Beira. May sees four revolts; Suriname, Honduras, Ozark and Muskogee.

Peace with Great Britain - May 1797

4zxit4.jpg

That leaves GB with five provinces in total, with two of those Pacific islands they are potentially two wars from annexation.

Summer brings more cores, Kamnuskoye, Liaoxi, Jizhou and Chengde. There are also uprisings; Armor, Beira (twice!), Pueblo, Wolof, Puno, Tarma, Dakota and Tarasco.

Peace with Portugal - September 1797

11uwwtz.jpg

98 points worth of heavily fortified provinces. I’m trying to drive a corridor towards the Eastern Seaboard so I can start attacking the other North American nations and get into Portugal’s new heartland.

Choco revolts in October causing consternation in the Khan’s harem.

Rebel Count = 6220 (+78)
Rebels = 29,602,000 (+219,000)

----------​

Silly Brits, how do they work?

Not well against the Horde, it seems.

Last gasp by GB. I see the Horde likes it tag team action.Two wars to go.
Will Morocco takes its cue from GB and DoW the Horde, one last time? The Khan would fall off his horse, in surprise.
Is Gotland allied to Sweden or just guaranteed? If guaranteed you could DoW Sweden first, followed by Gotland. I see you've left Swedish Greenland alone . Are you going to try to flip the Swedish capital there?

You said you'd walk up the West Coast and you have. You've added Shawnee and Creek to the list of OPMs.

Club Med: Cyprus, Malta, Corsica and Sardinia. Time to bring them into play.

When was the last time the Horde had a Boundary dispute? The big question is if fabricate claims give you a core on the enemy capital?

Will France fall before the nect TSC? Will the 1800 state of the world happen before, during or after a TSC?

I am confident the Great Man will do his thing and the last Sunnis brought within the fold.

Hmm, you were able to get another ~100 point deal in about two years. And a bit will be shaved off that each time you reduce those heavily fortified provinces. You're certainly giving yourself a chance as long as there are nations that can get you to new wars against the Portuguese. Of course the TSC remains the wild card...