• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chapter Thirty Four

Rebels

jzbaep.jpg

That’s the main area of concern. There a few Russian rebels and a couple further North in the ex-Kazakh lands but this is most of it.

The first extra revolt comes two days in, Orthodox zealots in Archangelsk.

January sees two more revolts, Pskovian nationalists in Kholm and Persians in Ajam.

February brings Kazakh nationalists in Kyzyl Kum and Syrian nationalists in Dayr az Zor.

Deccanese forces have crossed the frontier in Persia and attacked rebels in the border provinces.

April brings more rebels, Syrian nationalists in heavily garrisoned Damascus, Persians in Deccanese patrolled Kerman and the first support for the Pretender in Cherson.

May’s rebels are a Pretender force in Tobolsk, Reformed zealots in Budjak and Khivan nationalists in Khiva.

In the middle of all this I get a boundary dispute on the Timurid province of Karshi.

September brings a Persian revolt in Fars even as the Khan is just about to wipe out a large rebel force in the province :mad:

Trezibon converts in November.

November sees another Pretender uprising this time in Saratow and Khivan nationalists in Kara Kum.

Persia – January 1560

97pvzc.jpg

Essentially the TSC is under control. I have 100000 men under arms so the odds are much better than in earlier days.

January brings a Georgian nationalist revolt in Imereti.

The next month has a Muscovite revolt in Viatka.

Khawarzam cores as March 1560 starts.

The Pretender is killed in April and it’s all mopping up now.

May brings a Persian uprising in Mazandaran and more Khivans in Kara Kum.

There’s a second revolt in Mazandaran as well as a Khorasani rising in Khurasan during June.

July brings another Muscovite revolt in Yaroslavl and Khivan nationalists in recently cored Khawarzam.

August and Moscow revolts, 18 regiments strong.

September sees Muscovite nationalists in Viatka (my troops haven’t left yet) and Reformed zealots in Budjak again.

Budjak converts in November but the province is besieged by zealots and the relief force is in northern Persia!

December 1560 brings an end to the TSC. There are no rebel occupied provinces and only four rebel armies still in the field. Tver didn’t get the memo and revolts later in the month.

The Strategic situation isn’t too good. To the West are hostile Lithuania and Hungary both large and advanced enough to hurt me. South lie the Ottomans capable of inflicting very great pain and they’ve guaranteed the Mamluks. Eastwards the Muslim minors are allied with or guaranteed by Deccan while Ming is looking expansionary again.

I’ve guaranteed Sweden and Poland looking for a war with Lithuania where I have high tech allies.

It’s touch and go but I relieve Budjak in time! – 100% siege and 780 defenders.

Vyazma cores in July

Khivan nationalists rise in Atak in August 1561.

I also DOW Crete to trigger the Persian warning.

jq0rk8.jpg

The idea here is to vassalise Persia and keep Hormuz out of Deccan’s hands. The forces available are probably disproportionate to the situation.

Peace with Persia – November 1561

2z3uqmt.jpg

Atak revolts again days later.

December sees Ukrainian nationalists in Chernigov.

January 1562 brings a Muscovite rebellion in Vologda

The Kazakh provinces of Alimuly and Zheteru core in February.

The next year is quiet until I get a boundary dispute with Iraq. If only they weren’t allied with Deccan…

2pre8op.jpg

A month later I get another boundary dispute; this one’s a bit trickier the Ottoman owned province of Sivas in Anatolia.

May brings yet another boundary dispute this one on the Lithuanian province of Mogilyov.

September 1563 and it’s time to gamble…

zipwyw.jpg

The gamble is of course that Deccan will dishonour both alliances and I can run riot in Arabia.

Rebel Count = 632 (+30)
Rebels = 3,380,000 (+160,000
)

----------​

December 1560 brings an end to the TSC. There are no rebel occupied provinces and only four rebel armies still in the field.

No provinces in rebel hands on only four armies still standing by the end of it - is this a first for a TSC? You certainly seem to have them much more in hand now.

Only just remembered that being tribal carries a research penalty with it, which is another good reason to westernise.

How does Deccan's tech compare to yours? Are they in the even-worse Indian tech group?

If they do jump in that's only going to increase the chance of a declaration from the Ottomans or Lithuania isn't it?

Who's Deccan anyway?

An indian muslim sultanate in the center of India, also known as the Deccan plateu, historically led by the persian, shiite Bahmanids. Sorry for the history lesson, but I did an AAR about them. They were basically the real life (alfred packer's) Crovans.

Really, beautiful!

TSC handled with consummate skill and ease.

Two cores on Ottoman lands. That's good for the future. You've other useful cores. I'd expect more to come as you fight this war. Let's be positive and hope Deccan joins you in this war.

Run riot in Arabia? It's hot desert down there and you'll lose lots of troops to attrition. Algiers and Morocco have ships and will land troops in your heartland. The mamluks -ah your real target Judea, mecca, Gaza, Medina .. the list is long and vassalise Haasa, Yemen and Oman. Tall order. Iraq is a free province, a vassal and money.

Hope the gamble pays off.

Or maybe not or this leader may believe he's invincible, raise loads of troops and pick a fight with the wrong nation.

The gamble is of course that Deccan will dishonour both alliances and I can run riot in Arabia.
As Chief Ragusa said, the gamble is first of all that you can run riot on the Mamluks, I guess ;)
Hoping that they'll act on their guarantee, and won't be wussies - attacking Mamluk-guaranteed nations being the only way to avoid having to deal with big nasty Ottomans.

So far no one has come close to the full awesomeness of what happens next :D

Deccan chooses to fight on the side of Iraq, but its king dies in battle with the GH, and you get a PU. Then your khan dies in battle the same/next day, and you inherit Deccan while being at war with it?
That would be awesome. And I doubt Prawnstar would still ponder if he should reload :D

Other awesomeness: France and Hungary enters PU, then France inherits, and DOWs you while you're sieging Cairo and Mecca :p

Deccan chooses to fight on the side of Iraq, but its king dies in battle with the GH, and you get a PU. Then your khan dies in battle the same/next day, and you inherit Deccan while being at war with it?

And then you have a TSC that spans half the globe!

So far no one has come close to the full awesomeness of what happens next :D

The pebbles in your garden have started glowing with an unnatural blue light :eek::D

Last edited:
The vote of confidence I'm on the way out! Am I going to be the first writer sacked from his own AAR? :rofl:

The thing that scares me the most about such a scenario is how the writAAR succession would pan out given the AAR.

How many prospective writAARs do we have here with a couple of thousand "friends" itching to grab a torch or a pitchfork for the cause?

Vyazma cores in July

Nice! That's the end of something, definitely. ;) (It was Vyazma that defected at some point, right?)

September 1563 and it’s time to gamble…

Good! That TSC looked a bit too much under control, gotta have some gamble with a concept like this. :D

And then you have a TSC that spans half the globe!

Didn't inheriting give cores in IN (and unpatched HTTT I believe)? So that would actually give him a huge swathe of unusually non-rebellious land...