+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 140 FirstFirst ... 26 51 76 101 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2782

Thread: Rebels without a pause - a Tribal AAR

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Separate peace with Castille and then take as much of Portugal as Cherokee will hand over?

Staying tribal has to be a lot harder than not Westernising. If you had gone Mughal but not Westernised it would be a WC already.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

No rebellions at DoWs? What is the Horde coming to?

You definitely want the Anarcho-Liberal rebels here, and not while you're playing V2. I've given up on it for now.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

On the subject of less frequent rebellions, how would you say the late game is compared to other world conquests you've done? It does seem that the Horde is finally succeeding in persuading its citizens of the benefits of not being murdered by the army.

I also like the fact that the annoyingly high-level fortresses are now working in your favour in terms of keeping provinces out of rebel hands.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

1793 and France is at last an OPM?
    Took quite long. Blue Swedish blob still remains.
    And yellow and the green ones. Plus USA and some other survivors.

'Survivors: Last stand against the Horde'

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

human played green blob would trash the horde ^^
    some big avdance against Castille
    now the diplomats will be the limiting factor
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I'm sure Venezuela, Scotland and Mexico are amused by the fact that you call ending their existence "simplifying the map".

Hopefully there'll be a good enough diplomatic web to keep fighting Portugal pretty much non-stop from now on...
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    I'm sure Venezuela, Scotland and Mexico are amused by the fact that you call ending their existence "simplifying the map".
    The cartographers lobbyed hard in favor of these simplifications
    "I have narrowed your choices down to five unthinkable options. Each will cause untold misery-"
    "I pick number three!"
    "You don't even want to read them first?"
    "I was elected to lead, not to read... Number three!"
    The Simpsons movie

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Another day, another crushing Horde victory...
    death to le blob!
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

Would it be possible to make Portugal release anything for quicker war declaration or is it nonsense? Push all the rebels of your next TSC on Portuguese territories and maybe something strange will happen?

EU3 Complete

Blog Entries
    my recipe for portugal would be using spies to incite colonial revolts. of course leftovers from your next TSC will add spice as well.
    o=||==Official=Royal=Scribe=of=Suenik==||=o

heisenbug: /hi:īzen∑buhg/, n.
    [from Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle in quantum physics]
    A bug that disappears or alters its behavior when one attempts to probe or isolate it

To hell with stability! Declare war on nations even if you have a peace treaty with them!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The Horde population is getting too bourgeois, a TSC is needed soon to change this!

Nice chunk gained from Castille, with a new border with Portugal to start the final carving (TM)...
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

FEEDBACK

zemaniac - 30 million rebels soon but not yet - at +3 stab and with a 5* (2.5%) revolt risk reduction advisor most of my longer owned provinces are stable while the American provinces tend to have small (1 - 3 regiment) revolts.

naggy - Modern life is rubbish.

loki100 - The entire game plan has to revolve around getting into wars with Portugal. With Portugal's capital in the Americas I essentially have to destroy another France worth of war score in less than three decades. I don't think it's doable but as the King of the Epic FailTM I have to try

Chief Ragusa -
    You're right, Castile is on the way out.

There's no real need to capital shift GB anymore - it's not likely to make much difference.

Gotland will survive while Sweden is still quite large - there's a fair way to go in reducing Sweden.

The Portuguese have no releaseable minors - the plan will involve and targetting the higher fortification provinces first so I don't have to take them too often.
    Ygor - Now Portugal's capital is in North America the provinces are basically near full cost - so the challenge is taking out a vassalisation score of near 600 points in under 30 years. The peace deal with Cherokee is about using the way the peace system treats alliance leaders - once fully occupied I've 100% war score even without occupying all or even much of Portugal. At that point Cherokee will give 100 points of Portuguese provinces for peace.

Johan11 - A Regency would be a get out on WC!

The Arch Mede - I suspect you're right as the Mughals I could have gone a lot harder earlier.

anweRU - The Horde is remarkably stable internally at the moment. Essentially I don't pick up much war exhaustion any more.

Dewirix - The high revolt risk areas are now the Americas and they just don't spawn many rebels at a time. The conversion drive has pushed nearly as far as the Rhine and most of SE Asia so that's helped as well - but that's true in every WC as nothing beats a conversion as a province improvement.

Enewald -Yip France is an OPM although there are some other problems out there - mainly Portugal.

sprites - You're probably right that a Human player would trash the Horde - basic technique would be to destroy Horde forces during a TSC and let the rebels go wild. The limiting factor is just how fast I can get through wars against Portugal.

Malurous - The diploatic situation is looking very promising for endless war with Portugal - whether or not that'll prove enough is another matter

Ygor - Good point

blsteen - FRance will die before 1800

Zozo - There's nothing left for Portugal to release - I just need to keep attacking them and making peace - fast and often.

praxiteles - Virtually every province is Portuguese and Catholic with a Level 5 fortress - rebels won't do much damage.

Ivashanko - It may come to that at the end of the game but for now Portugal's diplomatic position gives enough options.

aldriq - Controlling both the Dordogne and Tuscany I can buy off rebel leaders with classy holiday homes

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Can I emu?

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

No. It's not polite to do so.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    Ü AwAARds Ü
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Chapter One Hundred and One

1794 starts as youíd expect, there are revolts in St Helena and Jicarilla although does Keng Tung convert. Spring brings further rebellions in Mbaracayu, Apache, Shimano, Patos and Chiancon. By the start of June Iíve completely occupied alliance leader Cherokee; peace will be made at some point in the future for 100 points of Portuguese provinces. Iíll make a separate deal with Castile first. Arkansas, Galicia and Futa Jallon revolt over the Summer. Lothringen, Verona and Treviso all convert in the Autumn. Honduras and Xeres rebels before the end of the year.

Peace with Sweden - December 1794

Steady progress here. Basically I need to wait five years DOW, make peace and then DOW Gotland again. That wonít be enough to finish Sweden but it should make serious progress. Tamaulipas rebels in January

Peace with Castile - February 1795

Thatís Castileís non-Eastern Seaboard lands in America, their last African province and some more pressure in Iberia. Creek send a warning soon after. The spring of 1795 sees revolts in Pomo, Salish, Dali, Futa Jallon and Cumbria.

Peace with Cherokee - June 1795

Thatís 100 points of Portuguese provinces including Lisbon for only 6 war score! Three days laterÖ

War with Creek - June 1795

Shawnee were allies and Castile had guaranteed Creek. Metz converts and Jicarilla, Illinois, Cartagena and Kii rebel during the month. Fife and Pehuenmapu rebel in July.

War with the Iroquois - August 1795

They were guaranteed by Portugal and Cherokee. Mojave, Fiji and Guaycura revolt.

Peace with Shawnee - August 1795

They are now an OPM - I intend to leave them alone now while they border Portugal as they may draw guarantees. The war moves slowly through the Autumn, Winter and Spring essentially a series of sieges. Of course there are rebels; Leinster, Martinique, Chitimacha, Omaha, Guachichil, Alaska, Ezochi, Jamaica and Piro before the end of the year.

Early 1796 sees more rebels in Ayrshire, Tumbes, Piro, Viet Bac and Tepehuan. Schwyz converts in February and Sjaelland cores in March.

Great Britain declares War - April 1796

Thatís an interesting change! No one has DOWed me in ages. Osage revolts.

Peace with Creek - May 1796

Shortly after Iroquois offers peace if I pay 475 ducats. Happily accepted, this pushes war score higher against the Portuguese alliance by 3 points and by getting me out of that war early gives me a chance to reDOW sooner. Brescia and Magdalena rise in June with Osage, Navajo and Samoa the next month. Late summer brings revolts in Crete, Havana, Gao and Asturias.

The campaign in England - Summer 1796

The large British army was hunted down in destroyed in a series of battles tag teamed by two 30+ regiment Horde stacks.

Ilheus and Lancashire revolt in October. November brings 14 cores in East Africa and China and there are another three the next month.

Peace with Castile - November 1796

Castile is now very much an also ran. Of course there are still rebellions; Aleut, Navajo, Jenne and Alentejo. Chuy rebels in December.

As the new year starts Iím at +55 war score over Portugal. The early part of the year brings revolts in Minnesota, Tsimshian, Panama, Lancashire, Atakapa and Beira. May sees four revolts; Suriname, Honduras, Ozark and Muskogee.

Peace with Great Britain - May 1797

That leaves GB with five provinces in total, with two of those Pacific islands they are potentially two wars from annexation.

Summer brings more cores, Kamnuskoye, Liaoxi, Jizhou and Chengde. There are also uprisings; Armor, Beira (twice!), Pueblo, Wolof, Puno, Tarma, Dakota and Tarasco.

Peace with Portugal - September 1797

98 points worth of heavily fortified provinces. Iím trying to drive a corridor towards the Eastern Seaboard so I can start attacking the other North American nations and get into Portugalís new heartland.

Choco revolts in October causing consternation in the Khanís harem.

Rebel Count = 6220 (+78)
    Rebels = 29,602,000 (+219,000)

----------

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

52 games registered

Poor Moron. Britain pushed 'I feel Lucky'.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Silly Brits, how do they work?

Not well against the Horde, it seems.
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

ďI didnít attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.Ē - Mark Twain

Last gasp by GB. I see the Horde likes it tag team action.Two wars to go.
    Will Morocco takes its cue from GB and DoW the Horde, one last time? The Khan would fall off his horse, in surprise.
    Is Gotland allied to Sweden or just guaranteed? If guaranteed you could DoW Sweden first, followed by Gotland. I see you've left Swedish Greenland alone . Are you going to try to flip the Swedish capital there?

You said you'd walk up the West Coast and you have. You've added Shawnee and Creek to the list of OPMs.

Club Med: Cyprus, Malta, Corsica and Sardinia. Time to bring them into play.

When was the last time the Horde had a Boundary dispute? The big question is if fabricate claims give you a core on the enemy capital?

Will France fall before the nect TSC? Will the 1800 state of the world happen before, during or after a TSC?

I am confident the Great Man will do his thing and the last Sunnis brought within the fold.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Hmm, you were able to get another ~100 point deal in about two years. And a bit will be shaved off that each time you reduce those heavily fortified provinces. You're certainly giving yourself a chance as long as there are nations that can get you to new wars against the Portuguese. Of course the TSC remains the wild card...
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 140 FirstFirst ... 26 51 76 101 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast