• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Install into the main HoI3 folder, it goes into MOD automatically.

I tried installing it into the main folder, download and mod folder still doesn,t show up in the mod dropdown. I downloaded the Mod from gamers gate into "my documents" folder and run the installer from there. Does it have to be Downloaded directly into the HOI3 folder? Also im running of a copy of the original install of HOI3 since thats allways recomended. There are also no other mods installed, just the original SF 2.03 beta. Im dieing to get this working any ideas about what im still doing wrong.

I tried installing it into the main folder, download and mod folder still doesn,t show up in the mod dropdown. I downloaded the Mod from gamers gate into "my documents" folder and run the installer from there. Does it have to be Downloaded directly into the HOI3 folder? Also im running of a copy of the original install of HOI3 since thats allways recomended. There are also no other mods installed, just the original SF 2.03 beta. Im dieing to get this working any ideas about what im still doing wrong.

What is your operating system. If it is Vista or Window 7, it could be your problem.

Im running XP. On the I.C.E mod page where you would download that mod it says "INSTALLATION :

YOU HAVE TO APPLY THE 2.03 PARADOX PATCH BEFORE INSTALLING THE MOD

YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE MOD OVER A FRESH COPY OF HOI 3 - SEMPER FI PATCHED TO 2.03. IF YOU INSTALL I.C.E. OVER AN OLDER INSTALLATION OF THE MOD IT WON'T WORK.
MANUALLY DELETE YOUR OLD HOI 3 FOLDER AND THEN REINSTALL THE MOD.

Does that apply to this DLC mod?

Okay few days passed, the week end is almost over :

What do you guys think about this DLC ?

I will start working on a patch after the next week I think, you can tell me what is missing, what is unbalanced and what is not working and I'll consider it. :)

hiya.

I like the DLC and I will let other respond to what they think is needed. For me, I only can think of one ''gamebreaking'' thing so far, that is SS units not upgradable. PLUS, if I am not wrong, I also think artillery cant be upgraded to motorized artillery, and is motorized artillery upgradeable to SP-artillery? I dont think so, though dont recall... but I think it should be..

So Im wondering if you could give us example of code we could add to make those as mentioned above upgradable as they should be, because although ppl may wish for more things, those above mentioned things is just what I find weird when playing.

plus, what I wish for, is that all units are downgradeable too, i.e. motorized can be downgraded to plain infantry, tank regiments downgradable to mech, motorized etc... but I guess that is quite abit outside this DLC, just sharing what is between my ears at the moment :eek:

anyhow, thanks again, I enjoy it.

Im running XP. On the I.C.E mod page where you would download that mod it says "INSTALLATION :

YOU HAVE TO APPLY THE 2.03 PARADOX PATCH BEFORE INSTALLING THE MOD

YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE MOD OVER A FRESH COPY OF HOI 3 - SEMPER FI PATCHED TO 2.03. IF YOU INSTALL I.C.E. OVER AN OLDER INSTALLATION OF THE MOD IT WON'T WORK.
MANUALLY DELETE YOUR OLD HOI 3 FOLDER AND THEN REINSTALL THE MOD.

Does that apply to this DLC mod?

No, not for the DLC mod. The easiest way is to open your game launcher and then go to the DLC screen and click down load and install if you got if from Gamers Gate. If not just install it directly to the main folder. Not one of the sub folders.

hiya.

I like the DLC and I will let other respond to what they think is needed. For me, I only can think of one ''gamebreaking'' thing so far, that is SS units not upgradable. PLUS, if I am not wrong, I also think artillery cant be upgraded to motorized artillery, and is motorized artillery upgradeable to SP-artillery? I dont think so, though dont recall... but I think it should be..

So Im wondering if you could give us example of code we could add to make those as mentioned above upgradable as they should be, because although ppl may wish for more things, those above mentioned things is just what I find weird when playing.

plus, what I wish for, is that all units are downgradeable too, i.e. motorized can be downgraded to plain infantry, tank regiments downgradable to mech, motorized etc... but I guess that is quite abit outside this DLC, just sharing what is between my ears at the moment :eek:

The code for making units upgradable to other units is in common/unit_upgrades. You should be able to copy that file into the mod folder and add the new units in there.

so

Code:
	# Artillery
	upgrade = 
	{
		base = artillery_brigade
		target = sp_artillery_brigade
	}
	upgrade = 
	{
		base = artillery_brigade
		target = rocket_artillery_brigade
	}
	upgrade = 
	{
		base = rocket_artillery_brigade
		target = sp_rct_artillery_brigade
	}

would become

Code:
	# Artillery
	upgrade = 
	{
		base = artillery_brigade
	}
	upgrade = 
	{
		base = artillery_brigade
		target = rocket_artillery_brigade
	}
	upgrade = 
	{
		base = rocket_artillery_brigade
		target = sp_rct_artillery_brigade
	}
	upgrade = 
	{
		base = artillery_brigade
		target = motorized_artillery_brigade
	}

#Motorized Artillery
	upgrade =
	{ 
		base = motorized_artillery_brigade
	}

I have bought this mod on gamersgate, and i USE HOI3 and SF on steam, basicly its 1 .exe that need to be extracted to right folder.

for e.g.

??:\yourprogramfiles\Steam\steamapps\common\hearts of iron 3

Dont just select that folder on "browse" list since it will add additional
hearts of iron 3 folder for e.g (Steam\steamapps\common\hearts of iron 3\hearts of iron 3) just be sure u extract files in right folder and you will
have your mod installed.

Thanks for the reply, I got the mod working a few hours ago. But my existing non moded saved games arent available any more and I really dont feal like starting over again. Is there a way of using your old save game with the new mod?

Very cool

Thanks for the reply, I got the mod working a few hours ago. But my existing non moded saved games arent available any more and I really dont feal like starting over again. Is there a way of using your old save game with the new mod?

I don't know if they will work. I think it is likely as the changes are small.

To use them you need to copy the saved games files from the HoI3\save games to HoI3\Mods\(name of mod)\save games.

Congratulations Devildread

hiya.

The upgrading system will be the main object of the patch. :)

I won't make the units downgradable though (as you said this is not the scope of the DLC).

I also will work a little on the history files for SS and Guards division (in order to have german and russian division's names)

When a mod or a DLC adds/remove techs or units, savegames become not compatible. I am sorry for your campaign. You can play two campaings though, one with the DLC and continue the one without. :)

I also will work a little on the history files for SS and Guards division (in order to have german and russian division's names)

With some help, I found the relevant file and just cut & pasted the SS-names from regular divisions to the new ones, it took just a couple of minutes. I don't think it's necessary to do more than that; after all, the names already exist but they're just in a wrong place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.