• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can I get this from gg and install it on my steam purchased game? If not is it available from steam too?

Boy, 3,000 Gurkhas plus an AC brigade are pretty much invincible. Who needs Tommies?
If you want size-wise correct names for the Gurkha units in the 3-5000 man range, just copy this in the "common/countries/United Kingdom"
Code:
gurkha_brigade = {
		"1st King George V's Own Gurkha Rifles (The Malaun Regiment)" "2nd King Edward VII's Own Gurkha Rifles (The Sirmoor Rifles)" "3rd Queen Alexandra's Own Gurkha Rifles"
		"4th Prince of Wales's Own Gurkha Rifles" "5th Royal Gurkha Rifles (Frontier Force)" "6th Queen Elizabeth's Own Gurkha Rifles" "7th Duke of Edinburgh's Own Gurkha Rifles"
		"8th Gurkha Rifles" "9th Gurkha Rifles" "10th Princess Mary's Own Gurkha Rifles" "11th Gurkha Rifles" "14th Gurkha Rifles" "25th Gurkha Rifles" "26th Gurkha Rifles"
		"29th Gurkha Rifles" "38th Gurkha Rifles" "42nd Gurkha Rifles" "44th Gurkha Rifles" "56th Gurkha Rifles" "710th Gurkha Rifles"

}

can anyone tell me about getting this for my steam version and if it will work please

For the mac version of FTM, I noticed that it is still at version 3.01, could this be why the new patch still crashes?

Could well be. The latest CW 2.1 patch was made to fix a crash error that only happened in the 3.05 version of FtM. Try using the 2.0 patch that worked with earlier versions of FtM maybe?

Another question I have, when i am installing the patch, should I be over writing the folders, or just adding the files into the existing folders for the mod. I noticed in the 2.0 and 2.1 D/L that under units, there is only the royal marines. I believe the first time I just over wrote the whole folders, hence there was really no units there anymore.

So after dropping everything into the appropriate folders,without over writing the folder itself, the game still crashed while adapting history. Not a huge deal as i still have a copy of Semper Fi installed that it works with,but it be nice to figure it out.

So let me get this straight. I need to uninstall and reinstall common weapons for 3.5? because i get the adapting history crash

Hi i have a question. I try to make this work with Black ICE it seems to work fine except that the "Theories" section under "Research" is messed upp. Only three options available and a fourth stuck in the upper left corner. The rest are just empty frames. IS there anyhting i can do myself to correct this ?
Thanks in advance.

can I get this from gg and install it on my steam purchased game? If not is it available from steam too?

Yes, you can (I did it and I patch my version too). But, when you'll start the game, you must go through the launcher, not the Steam link. Otherwise, you won't be able to pick the CWoWWII mod. You'll have whatever standard version you have.

Hi, I have a problem. I have the correct FtM Checksum, I've installed the patch (according instructions) and I still get the AVRP Checksum. Any help?

EDIT: I managed to figure it out, I quite simply had to manually transfer the files to the mod.

Last edited:
I bought the DLC, but I'm having installation issues. I'm running Win 7 Ult. 64bit. I have the HOI 3 Collection and installed the game at c:\games\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III Collection. I targeted the appropriate folder, then ran the installer. I then ran the patch for FTM. I used different start times (ex. 1943 or 1944 and checked the US, Germany & UK for some of the "common weapons" and found nothing. The installer created a "Hearts of Iron III" folder inside my HOI 3 Collections folder. I thought that might be the issue since the mod files were in the HOI 3 folder rather than my game folder mod file folder. I moved the files to there & nothing. Since I hadn't gone very far in the game, I re-installed the game, but named the game folder "Hearts of Iron III" (i.e. took out "Collection") in the same location. Repeat install of the DLC & patch....and still nothing. Not only that, once again it created a "Hearts of Iron III" folder inside the actualy "Hearts of Iron III" game files folder. o_O?. So I move the files to the mod folder & still nothing.

The game works fine in all other aspects & I'm using Francesco's Counters Mod (nice mod BTW). I've played games with mods before so it's not like I have no idea of how to install them, but I'm simply at a loss here. Any ideas? Would someone with this mod please confirm where exactly the mod files should go (99.99% sure it's the "mod" folder, but that doesn't work for me)? How I can tell that it's installed right/where would I see the weapons - Tech screen? Production screen? Finally, would I have to start a new game for them to be available? I really would like to use this mod since it makes the game more historically accurate (LOL - F4 WildCat as the main US intercepter. What happened to the P-40?)

Thanks for the help & Happy Holidays.

Select in the launcher the mod.

>_< Yeah...that was it. My game shortcut was HOI3game.exe not HOI3.exe so I never saw the drop down menu. My fault there since I created my own short cut. I used mods for games quite a bit before, but I've never had to "select" them to run. Never would have thought of it if you had not mentioned it. Thanks. *sigh* my other quesition was answered as well - I'll have to start all over (again...) if I want to use this mod. Two more questions if you don't mind.

(1) Since I have to select this via the drop down menu before starting the game, I'm guessing that this is a stand alone mod and thus it's not feasible to use this with other mods like Dies Irae Götterdämmerung. Is that correct?

(2) I verified the mod was working by using a later start date (1943). To my surprise, I noticed that the P51-D had a much lower top speed than the "interceptor figthter," the Corsair -> 500Kph (o_O) vs. 700+ Kph (I think). Utterly historically inaccurate (P51-D was faster by 20 Mph or so) though I'm not sure if to what extent speed factors into actual game play. Do all "Common Weapons" ramp with tech advances (to the extent their generic counter-parts would), are the stats hard set, or does it vary (i.e. some are hard set & others not)? It would be very helpful to know this before I decide on whether to start over again in order to use the mod.

Thanks again for the help.

On number 2: They vary and some have their own technology line.

NOTE:
Almost everything in this mod was/is rolled into the Black ICE mod ( which you can find in the MODs section on this site ).

EDIT:
One more thing on the topic of figuring stuff out, I got this mod just for flavour back in the day. It doesn't have a manual, so this is the mod that I used to learn how the game data files are set-up and used it to make my own little modifications.
FOR EXAMPLE: You don't like the speed of something, or the look of this, or the name of that... and so forth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.