• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I doing wrong?

I downloaded Common weps from GG installed extracted the 2.1 patch on my FTM 3.05. I don't get the correct check sum and the game shuts down. I did a complete reinstall of my Hoi III. Got the correct checksum, reinstalled Common weps, and 2.1 patch, same thing. Can someone tell a 53 year old a complete step by step for installing the patch. I know I must be missing something simple.
Thank you

Did you install the patch into the HoI3/mod/common weapons folder as it should be, or just into the HoI3 folder?

I had trouble getting it to work a couple of days ago. I did as you a complete reinstall. HOI3, Semper Fi, Motherland, 3.05 patch. All that with the correct checksum. Then Common Weapons install and patch 2.1 and I got the wrong checksum and crash to desktop when loading a game from the game menu screen after picking scenario and nation.

After a lot of work I figured out what I did wrong. The patch for Common Weapon didn't find the correct place to install. The automatic suggestion weren't the correct one. When I got the correct place to install patch 2.1 I got the correct checksum and all worked fine.

Everytime I see this thread, I think a new DLC has been made by Devildread

Everytime I see this thread, I think a new DLC has been made by Devildread

You better work on the first and second part of your sig.

dierpmis, just so we all know where did you install Common Weapons and 2.1

Well, I am not at my own computer now, but it is in something like "Hearts of Iron 3/Mod/Common_Weapons_of _WW2". The problem for me were that the patch created another Common Weapons directory under that one. At least that is what I thought were the case. So the 2.1 patch were added in "Hearts of Iron 3/Mod/Common_Weapons_of _WW2/Common_weapons_of_WW2". If I manually picked the directory where Common Weapons already were installed the patch overwrited the files there and all worked fine. I got he correct checksum for Motherland+Common Weapons 2.1.

I copied the patch to the common weps folder in the mod folder then extracted it with 7 zip. A bit later after reading all the replys I tried again and saw that it was extracting into the patch. I corrected the path and I still come up with ARVP on the check sum. I just thought of something I already extracted it once I am going to uninstall common weapons and try again.
No good deed goes unpunished " My father" [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
no luck. Any suggestions?

I figured out my problem I had to log in as admin. I never had to in the past with ICE or other mod and patches. Thank you all for the replys

Can someone remind me how to download the common weapons file - more exactly where to point the installer at. I managed this after a few hours work with patch 3.04 (and following a bit of cutting and pasting). I just can't remember how I did it:sad: If I pick the wrong level then the cw folder goes in at the wrong level. I have got the patch figured - enough posts to sort that one out.

PS. Have the right checksum for clean 3.05 (UBYY), but after downloading, plus a bit of cutting and pasting to put the files/folders into the right places I end up with KXZE

What directory do you install the gamers gate version too - Hearts of Iron III or the Mod folder?

Also - am i right in thinking that the current GG version includes the new patch? Only the website only refers to SF.

The patch is only available in this thread and gamersgate doesn't have it (or anyone else).

You have to install in your mod directory.

Thanks DD for getting back to me. When I install into the mod directory I the get a sub-directory in there called HOI3, this then has the 'Common Weapons....' mod subdirectory. I have then 'lifted' the mod sub-directory into the higher level mod directory. I also put the two small files from the newly created HOI3 sub-folder into the mod folder. I then have the option to start the mod - to give the wrong checksum. If only I could remember.......

Too Many DLC mods?

Hi Devildread,
I haven't played HOI3 for a while, but noticed the FTM mod on gamersgate so decided to buy. I already have your weapons mod which was my last purchase and whilst looking at FTM mod I bought the Dies Irae: Gotterdammerung mod too.... Have i gone a bit OTT? CTD etc so re-installing as we speak. HOI3 - HOI3 Semper - FTM.... I'm aware that common weapons is compatible with those 3 installs and I need a patch from here for your mod as it's not on GG... Big question is, is Dies Irae: Gotterdammerung compatible with your mod or is it one or the other? if that makes sense? :confused: I was using the JSGE mod thingy before which allowed you to select several mods, but as these are all big game changing mods i'm a little out of my depth as to what to do. Any help is appreciated.

No DLC is compatible with each other. They are independant.

You can find Dies Irae patch in the Dies Irae thread (on top of this forum or my sign).

Have fun. :)

Too Many DLC mods?

Thanks for the quick reply.... But to clarify... can i select common weapons OR Dies Irea from the launcher and either one will work, but not together or am I to only physically install one or the other ?
Also is FTM classed as a compatible mod with Dies Irea or common weapons? It seems to install like Semper Fi as a game update rather than a mod like common weapons or Dies Irea? :confused:
I'm up to the last patch of Semper Fi... and don't know what to install next? If I have to Make 3 separate installs of the base game that's not a problem, I'll just change the path name on install and disk space isn't an issue... I just want it to work! LOL! Cheers.:unsure:

Thanks for the quick reply.... But to clarify... can i select common weapons OR Dies Irea from the launcher and either one will work, but not together or am I to only physically install one or the other ?
Also is FTM classed as a compatible mod with Dies Irea or common weapons? It seems to install like Semper Fi as a game update rather than a mod like common weapons or Dies Irea? :confused:
I'm up to the last patch of Semper Fi... and don't know what to install next? If I have to Make 3 separate installs of the base game that's not a problem, I'll just change the path name on install and disk space isn't an issue... I just want it to work! LOL! Cheers.:unsure:

For the Motherland isn't a mod, it's a full expansion. You want to install HoI2 -> SF -> FtM -> the latest For the Motherland patch. Then you install any mods you want on top of that, and their latest patch. Once you've done that, you can select between the default For the Motherland, Dies Irae, Common Weapons or whatever other mod you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.