• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My question might already have been asked so, sorry for the possible redundancy: this DLC sounds very interesting to me and I was wondering, will it ever be available on Steam or is it only available on GG? The one thing that keeps me away from GG is that you can't make a simple Credit Card payment on it...(I'm not interested in Paypal or other intermediate payment system...) They surely have their reasons but to me, an Internet business which doesn't offer simple Credit Card payment is turning its back on a lot of business (maybe just me, who knows...)

Otherwise, Steam does have DIG which is also of interest to me so I might eventually support the developer that way. I'm not much into Mods but CWoWWII looks like the kind of mod I would enjoy...

You don't want to use the credit card through moneybookers option at GG? It doesn't require signing up with them, just needs the usual details you have to supply anywhere.

You don't want to use the credit card through moneybookers option at GG? It doesn't require signing up with them, just needs the usual details you have to supply anywhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they sell you packs of credit for a certain minimum amount, right? Ideally, I want to buy only what I need at a given time.
But if I'm wrong, I would buy it from GG though, I reckon there wouldn't be any problem installing it over my all-Steam HOI-SF-FTM? (I'm guessing that since it's a Mod...)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they sell you packs of credit for a certain minimum amount, right? Ideally, I want to buy only what I need at a given time.
But if I'm wrong, I would buy it from GG though, I reckon there wouldn't be any problem installing it over my all-Steam HOI-SF-FTM? (I'm guessing that since it's a Mod...)

I'll correct you then :) It's a standard online credit card transaction, handled via moneybookers. You don't need to leave the GG site, you don't need to register with moneybookers, they just handle the work for GG. All you need to provide are the usual card numbers, card holder's name etc. You pay precisely what the list price is when you complete the transaction and that's it, unless your bank has a foreign currency transaction fee.

Just make sure you select the correct option, because there's a second moneybookers e-wallet type option where you do have to sign up and pre purchase credit with them. You want the credit card through moneybookers option instead.

As for steam-GG compatibility... I honestly have no idea.

I'll correct you then :) It's a standard online credit card transaction, handled via moneybookers. You don't need to leave the GG site, you don't need to register with moneybookers, they just handle the work for GG. All you need to provide are the usual card numbers, card holder's name etc. You pay precisely what the list price is when you complete the transaction and that's it, unless your bank has a foreign currency transaction fee.

Just make sure you select the correct option, because there's a second moneybookers e-wallet type option where you do have to sign up and pre purchase credit with them. You want the credit card through moneybookers option instead.

As for steam-GG compatibility... I honestly have no idea.

Ok, thanks for the info! I've reead through almost this entire thread and others seem to have done this (install on Steam) so it should work.

I think I will buy it...once another patch is done to be compatible with the FTM 3.05 patch :) (reading posts over this one, looks like it will be necessary)

my 3.05 crashes playing Britain

Dang... I just encorporated this with a private mod of my own in which I've made some countries. JUST when I got it working, I see the patch to 3.05 and update and suddenly I can't play the mod anymore. Its as bad as Sims 3! :D Well, EA is worse... they are notoriously anti-modding and go out of their way to break mods when they patch.

What's breaking it with 3.05, is it something we can fix with a little editing?

He didn't even release a compatible version of Common Weapons for the last patch, why on earth do you folks think it would work on the newest one? You guys make me laugh sometimes.

He didn't even release a compatible version of Common Weapons for the last patch, why on earth do you folks think it would work on the newest one? You guys make me laugh sometimes.

Yes he did, it was patched to work with 3.04 along with the inclusion of a new Royal Marines unit ;) Not that I'm applying pressure, I''ve kept my game at 3.04 due to an ongoing MP game :p

Yes he did, it was patched to work with 3.04 along with the inclusion of a new Royal Marines unit ;) Not that I'm applying pressure, I''ve kept my game at 3.04 due to an ongoing MP game :p

Hmm, he said it was going to take a long time due to one of the other million mods he's working on, he must have just released it (I've been watching this thread closely).
Considering it took around a month for compatibility for that patch, but since it's already got the basic FTM parts in, shouldn't take more than a week.

If you all will end up complaining about that, try creating/promoting/updating a mod by yourself like Devil did, ha.

I didn't really see any complaining, just people noticing CW doesn't work with 3.05. And that's a bummer given the fact that the previous patch was just released. Anyway no bad word about DD from me, he is doing so much already and I suppose he's busy with having a holiday atm. :)

Hmm, he said it was going to take a long time due to one of the other million mods he's working on, he must have just released it (I've been watching this thread closely).
Considering it took around a month for compatibility for that patch, but since it's already got the basic FTM parts in, shouldn't take more than a week.

If you all will end up complaining about that, try creating/promoting/updating a mod by yourself like Devil did, ha.

The 3.04 compatibility patch is linked to in the first post. As for the new error, with a million other projects on I'm sure devildread appreciates bug reports and confirmation since it means he doesn't need to find them himself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.