• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amerikabomber would be nice to have. Or maybe research already can give me that. The Grossdeutschland regiment in '36 would also be nice. But thanks for the great work, i don't know how many hours i have spent playing HOI3 with your CWWW2 :)

Suggestions
1 Decima Flottiglia MAS - Italian frogmen loaded on Italian submarines making port attacks attaching magnetic mines to capital warships while in port! effect - possibility of major damage or
even sinking the ship.
2 Similar to the German ground fallschirmjägers, the Italians had paratroopers that fought as land units rather than parachuting in.
3 The Japs also had amphibious armour as the US Marines have in CW.
4 The Japs had plans to make armour for their Naval paratroopers suggesting that light tanks like Type 95 Ha Go would have been airlifted in!
5 The Germans had heavy siege artillery that could be regiment/brigade sized in the game that could be added to the inf div. Like Gamma and Gustaf that could be of exceptional use
in attacking fortresses and cities.

Last edited:
Stealing and idea from Johan-erik^...The only thing I can think that would be totally different from what exists in the game would be to make a naval mine unit. It can deploy one zone from a friendly port, may cause damage to a passing enemy ship before being eliminated. I suppose it would have to be simulated through a naval battle to work.

Is this mod useable with the new version of black ICE and if so how do I install black ICE with CW?

Nope.
Common Weapons is treated as it's own DLC, and ICE is copied over the main installation directory. Would probably cause issues, anyway, as it has it's ICE has it's own tech tree.

Bad news I am afraid. I had some time for CWoWWII today but I got distracted by another matter for Paradox (yay blame Paradox :D) due to the Community Map Project so I won't have the time to sort out this crash issue today.

Everything works and is compatible with FTM except for the unit counters. I don't understand the crash as everything looks normal, I can't make the counters to work the game crashes instantly on startup (during the loading map sprites phase). It takes more time than planned (as I don't understand -yet- the bug) and I am really sorry about that. I hate not delivering a patch in time.

I will dedicate any parcel of free time for you guys as soon as I can in this week. I hope to have this sorted out for friday.

Can someone confirm that the DLC doesn't work in FTM? When does it crashes? Can you access the main menu?
Those informations will help me. :)

Where is the download for the FTM version so we can check it?

Not uploaded yet. Will friday. :)

We can't model mines in HOI3. Neither land unit with naval attack.

Well both Germany and the USSR have their elite units, would be interested to have the leader of the other faction have theirs; some British guards divisions (brigades?) would be nice please :)

Edit - Or perhaps the Royal Marines?

Last edited:
First of all, this is not compatible with I.C.E. :)

If you already use and enjoy I.C.E and don't consider going back to vanilla, you don't need the DLC (you always can support me and Paradox ;)).
If you want some new units and balanced gameplay (as I.C.E. is not designed to be gameplay balanced but history balanced, this is different), Common Weapons of WWII is what you need.

And in another spirit : the most DLC you buy, the most Paradox will be likely to give me in charge of another one. The most I earn money, the most I keep modding for free. :D

I'll buy anything to support the modding! If its a bit OK for now thats enough!

Interesting effect seen of combat replacements for elite units. Playing
Germany 1936 FTM/DIG the Grossdeuchland "brigade" (i think a 4 star unit?)
i add on some arty and stugs to give it some power early in the game and
it has taken so many losses thru combat the replacements have reduced
the brigade to a 3 star unit. Nice to see this happen as a unit, tho elite,
does not retain that status if it takes too many casualties too often and
has to use regulars to replace them.

Well both Germany and the USSR have their elite units, would be interested to have the leader of the other faction have theirs; some British guards divisions (brigades?) would be nice please :)

agreeing with this...

maybe some kind of desert rats inf. unit?

Sounds good.

agreeing with this...

maybe some kind of desert rats inf. unit?

The desert rats were armoured, unless you're referring to the Aussies.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND PATCH - 2.0
Patch is full, no previous one needed. You can install over 1.2.

DOWNLOAD :
Common Weapons of WWII - Patch 2.0 beta (thanks to derkb to provide the server)

INSTALLATION :
Make a backup of your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder (simply copy it and paste it in another location).
Extract the patch in your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder and overwrite the files.

New unit added !

ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO

For UK only, this (very) expensive unit is activated from the start of the campaign. Its strength lies in its terrain capability (60% combat bonus on all terrain except amphibious and river with 80%) and very low supply consumption. Attach it to a division or use it alone against your foes.
Be aware: officer cost is x5 and strength is low (10, half of the brigade is officer/NCO), don't over use it or see your officer pool getting low.

Woo! Big thanks Devildread :D

My checksum is POTD, is this correct?

Edit - I'm not getting the issues shown below (apart from the support brigades thing), although I do have one problem I have noticed - I can't find the Royal Marines unit anywhere...

Last edited:
Got a problem, did a full clean reinstall and i have the same issue:
In production, most of the support brigades are available in 36'
In technologies, the special branche for US is called "commintern" and the one for the russians "dogfighting",
I got exactly the same problem before and after my reinstall

I have HOI 3 + FTM with patch 3.04 with FDAJ under default and I get HRVF as checksum when turning on CW. When starting the game the techs are all mixed up! 'Light Jäger' is on the SS activation and Dogfighting is on the icon for the Comintern and so on... many more like these exist in the game.

Having the same issue with technologies being a bit mixed up. It happend over a 1.2 patch install, and also when applying over a completely clean install. It also seems to affect the naming of the new brigades, with nation.guard brigades (and divisions) coming out as mechanized AA brigades. i.e. 1st mechanized AA brigade.

I have no problem with the Royal Marines, they are in the UK production screen just fine for me.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/techproblem.jpg/

Seems that all the techs have been shifted by 1 place from their proper position. Possibly missing an entry somewhere.

Edit: Oh, forgot to say thanks for providing an update. So thanks!

:'(

I am working on it.

Will you ever let me enjoy my vacations, you Common Weapons!

Should be okay now, please download and install again (overwrite everything). Just a little ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x missing from a localisation file.

You can add it yourself if you don't want to download again,
- \localisation\zDD_DLC_model.csv (open with notepad, not excel or any excel-type)
- look for ## ROYAL MARINES ## (near the end of the file)
- make it ## ROYAL MARINES ##;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
- save
It's done. :)

I'm sorry for the bug. I'm tired these days. I really need my holidays (I am doing this patch in my free time as I have no obligations from Paradox to make CWoWWII compatible with FTM). ><

Please enjoy and I hope you won't have any gamebreaking bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.