• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devildread, I feel like the last one at the party, but developing such a good product. A few questions.

1). Since this is so awesome, is there anyway to Launch Hoi3, (commandLine) with parameters to load CWWW2 mod, basically bypassing the select mod step.
2). Any documentation on the new units?

Thanks for answering my queries and again, good job!

1. I don't know, but I think this should be possible. You have to look for that by yourself in the tech forum I think. I believe someone already did that, with a shortcut like ...\heartofiron.exe" -mod:blahblah but I may be wrong.

2. Not really. I just code, I never make documentation. ^^ What do you want to know?

2. Not really. I just code, I never make documentation. ^^ What do you want to know?

What is the difference between Infantry Tanks and Assault Guns and under what conditions would you use them? I thought one was good outdoors and maybe the other was good for urban??

Infantry tank is an armored infantry support unit, though but lack of speed. This is a WWI concept the Allies kept in the early war.
Assault Guns are a support for armored units, a mix between artillery and anti tank firepower (average on both) with some urban bonuses.

Hi Devildread

I love this MOD and have just tried it with SF 204C. Unfortunately there seems to be a compatibility problem with this version. Whenever I click on a unit within a formation, e.g. JG 3 'Udet' within Luftflotte IV, I get a crash to desktop. Seems to be happening with most other units as well.

It works fine with 204B, so I've gone back to playing using that version for the time being. Still a happy teddy, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Appreciate all your efforts so far. Great Job.

I confirm the same problem, just installed 2.04c, which loads/runs fine, but when I load up CWWWII (from Mod selector), it loads, but as soon as I click on a brigade, I get CTD. I have been playing using it on 2.04c without any problems.

FYI, with 2.04c there is a offset on the production screen between the + and - buttons and their background. Sorry for no screenie, but it is easy to see so I didn't bother.

"Bother" is a strange word. It looks like I spelled it wrong. :wacko:

Funny,

I just bought this DLC today at Gamersgate and was wondering if it will be kept up to date with SF progressing through a series of patches.

Good to know it will... :)

BTW:
Where will the updates for Common Weapons of WWII be made available?!

Typical!

I had been saving this up til this weekend to play and now there is a crash bug. Sods Law strikes again!

Something to look forward to for next weekend I guess!?!?

Okay guys here's the first beta of the 1.2 patch, compatible 2.04d.
Please tell me if it works for you. :)

Common Weapons of WWII - Patch 1.2

INSTALLATION:
+ Extract it over your Common Weapons of WWII folder
+ Overwrite when asked
+ play the DLC

################################
#### COMMON WEAPONS OF WWII ####
#### PATCH 1.2 CHANGELOG ####
################################
By DiDay for Paradox Interactive

- Compatible 2.04d

- Removed port requirement from DD tech
- Tweaked ASW values for DDs, CLs, and Navs
- Increased surface detection ability of naval bombers and DLC units (nav cag, twin engine fighter)

- Added the experience changes to German '36 and '41 OOBs units (45% in '36 and 70% in '41)
- Added the new german OOB units (some submarines and naval bombers)

- Changed the way experience stars are represented in the brigade view (put them in the header)

Just loaded and appears to be working fine now. I really appreciate your taking time out of your weekend to fix this for us. I trust you were able to watch your rugby team destroying the Scots?

Status
Not open for further replies.