• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been at this before, but as there is a betapatch about I suggest it once again - hoping to get it in.

Let Lt. Inf represent Jäger Divisions
Lt. Inf as German unit should perhaps rather depict the Jäger divisions, rather than the Green Devils which was kind of more like paras even though they at time didn't have jump training. The Jäger divisions was in total 12, so there is a stronger case to let the Lt. inf. represent these units than just a variant of the German paras which anyway can be represented with the normal para units as the abstraction is at that level in this game.

One could just change the historical part and the pictures, etc., but one could also go for the stats. I think the mod will be better if Lt. Inf. at least in the flavour parts are picturing the Jäger divisions rather than non-jumping-paras.

Devildread,

Still loving this mod, I have just one nitpick however... tenaciousness is not a word. The phrase you want is "Japanese tenacity".

te·nac·i·ty   
[tuh-nas-i-tee]
–noun
the quality or property of being tenacious.

It's a ww2 game, one must expect grammar nazis. ;)

I don't know if I will make another patch but if Paradox asks me to I'll fix the spelling error. ^^

I don't understand your post, JASGripen. In this DLC we have both units :
- light infantry (colonial infantry for colonial powers, jäger for german)
- fallschirmjägers (green devils, the late war heavy para units)

I'm probably unfortunately waaay to late to ask for this, but I wanted to ask about one thing. How come no special units beyond the ones available for everyone for france? Recognizing that france is a bit of a red-headed stepchild in game, it's still the only major without a dedicated unit or tech. Considering that you could have had the french foreign legion as a special unit or tech, I was wondering if you might ever consider adding it?

Something that might be a bug or an oversight or just me not seeing something or understanding the particulars...

towed artillery never gets a speed upgrade. Shouldn't it keep pace with MoT since both use the same trucks?

I'm probably unfortunately waaay to late to ask for this, but I wanted to ask about one thing. How come no special units beyond the ones available for everyone for france? Recognizing that france is a bit of a red-headed stepchild in game, it's still the only major without a dedicated unit or tech. Considering that you could have had the french foreign legion as a special unit or tech, I was wondering if you might ever consider adding it?

I considered it but I don't think this is necessary since they already have the colonial infantry that might also be foreign legion (light infantry with jungle and desert bonus seems to define the foreign legion well).

Something that might be a bug or an oversight or just me not seeing something or understanding the particulars...

towed artillery never gets a speed upgrade. Shouldn't it keep pace with MoT since both use the same trucks?

The idea was to keep them slower since they carry bigger guns with each upgrade. Instead of speed bonus on truck tech and speed penalty on artillery tech I gave them static speed.

It's worth it. If you don't have it yet, get it for yourself for Christmas. It's worth it. Well, worth much more than 50cents, actually.

I've just been thoroughly enjoying a 2.03C CWWW2 Germany GC, and would like to redo the campaign with the new SF 2.04 beta patch. Will the CWWW2 1.1 patch work with 2.04? If not I'll just finish my 2.03C game.

Here are a the 2.04 changes I identified as likely to conflict with or be undone with CWWW2:

- Removed port requirement from DD tech
- Tweaked ASW values for DDs, CLs, and Navs
- Terrain equipment techs now properly modify attrition (I think they did what you did, but if they fixed it in the exe won't it reverse your fix?)
- Increased surface detection ability of naval bombers
- Fixed some tech localisation

I had heard that one person had an issue with the officer cap when using CWWW2, but upon reflection realized that s/he must have modded their dlc as the issue lay in the defines and your mod doesn't affect that file.

my 2c.

Happy Holidays!

Thanks Sarayakat! :)

Since those issues are not gamebreakers, I'll make another patch when the finale 2.04 will be released. :)

Thank you Devildread for your work on 1.1b which I play now and as I can see counters are less coloured and generaly are more simmilar to original enviroment - far more acceptable for me.

Here are a the 2.04 changes I identified as likely to conflict with or be undone with CWWW2:

- Removed port requirement from DD tech
- Tweaked ASW values for DDs, CLs, and Navs
- Terrain equipment techs now properly modify attrition (I think they did what you did, but if they fixed it in the exe won't it reverse your fix?)
- Increased surface detection ability of naval bombers
- Fixed some tech localisation

I had heard that one person had an issue with the officer cap when using CWWW2, but upon reflection realized that s/he must have modded their dlc as the issue lay in the defines and your mod doesn't affect that file.

my 2c.

Happy Holidays!

After checking the actual files (I am about to start a game with CWWWII, and wanted to keep 2.04 in place), there were actually minimal conflicts.
-The Port requirement for DD Tech was removed in 2.04, but was already removed in CW, so no conflict.
-ASW Values: Base values for the ships didn't change (and CW doesn't change DD or CL unit files anyway). I actually havent found any change to NAV ASW value. The ASW Tech changes from 2.03 to 2.04 (actually only increases detection, from 3 per level to 4 for DDs, and from 2.5 to 3 for CLs - no change to sub attack). CW changes both CL and DD to 1 per tech level, and slightly different sub attack, but tech progression is different as well. So this part of tech would need to be deconflicted (I am going with 2.04 value for now, and see how it plays out).
-Surface Detection for NAV: Base value increases from 3 to 4, but CW again doesn't affect the Naval_Bomber file anyway.
-Not sure how to tell the effect here, as it is in .exe, I am leaving the CW techs as is and will see if it has a doubled effect.
-Not sure what localizations were done, so hard to tell.

I will let you know how my game goes if I run into any other conflicts.

Just bought this. Do I need to patch it?

boerenlater thanks.

Been doing a little reading and it looks like this to me:
we need to patch HoI to 2.03c. I'm at 2.03b and that c file won't open for me. Keeps saying unrecognised file format
Then we patch to Common Weapons 1.1 beta? Seems like a long time to not have moved to a solid patch?

Edited- downloaded 7z zip software and extracted it. All good- then error in the extraction to HoI and the game still reads 2.03b. Arrgggg! Several hours on and off just reading long threads and messing to get the game patched is not fun.

Last edited:
Paradox has the patch but they didn't released it yet I don't know why. I guess I will have to make another for 2.04 finale and I hope it will be released officially then.

Paradox has the patch but they didn't released it yet I don't know why. I guess I will have to make another for 2.04 finale and I hope it will be released officially then.

Thanks for reitterating that. I've experienced a repeated problem tring to install 2.03c patch. Exracting it straight to HoI folder ends with an error for the .exe file.
Trired just pasting the flies in but no luck either.
So I will give it a go with 2.03b and eagaerly wait the official 2.04

Status
Not open for further replies.