• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay some news for you guys.

I am working on the DLC patch and will likely release it at beta stage about the 15th of September. Then after some weeks I'll contact Paradox and ask them to release it as official patch (I don't know yet how that works). :)

About the Steam version I am afraid there won't be one (this is not my decision, I'd like to see it on Steam too).

one comment, you have the diffentent groups for your carriers. why not have a carrier carry each group seperate; i.e. fighters, bombers, and torpedo planes. like large carriers 2 each and small carriers 1 each. Or atleast seperate the fighters from the attack groups in the layout. and have upgrade capibility.

Okay some news for you guys.

I am working on the DLC patch and will likely release it at beta stage about the 15th of September. Then after some weeks I'll contact Paradox and ask them to release it as official patch (I don't know yet how that works). :)

About the Steam version I am afraid there won't be one (this is not my decision, I'd like to see it on Steam too).

Sounds good. I bought the mod (my first DLC ever :p) yesterday and was quite pleased with the additions.

I bought this mod a few days ago. Do i have to update it to 1.01 or does it updates by himself?

Last edited:
Hey guys, here is the first beta of the patch. It should be stable and in the definitive version but I may have missed some bugs in some place. This is why I ask you to test it and report here. Thanks. :)

DOWNLOAD :
Common Weapons of WWII - Patch 1.01 beta (thanks to derkb to provide me the server)

INSTALLATION :
Make a backup of your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder (simply copy it and paste it in another location).
Extract the patch in your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder and overwrite the files.

Don't apply the patch if you are not confident with computers, wait for the finale patch instead.

CHANGELOG :

################################
#### COMMON WEAPONS OF WWII ####
#### PATCH 1.01 CHANGELOG ####
################################
By DiDay for Paradox Interactive

- Added unit upgrade feature for most of the new units
- Added names for SS divisions and deleted them from the regular units division names
- Added several division names for Germany
- Added several division names for Soviet Union
- Added several division names for United Kingdom
- Added several division names for USA

- Transport ship engine tech now decreases the speed by 0.33 instead of 1

- Tweaked the interface in order to have the production panels scrollable

- Balanced most of the units, the motorized / mechanized / armored units consume lot more fuel and supplies (based upon Semper Fi values)
- National Guards are more expensive but build faster now, they also have suppression value to 2
- National Guards is now about x2 cost than garrison but better at defense and with no need to spend leadership in research
- SS and guards have less moral and org (40-40) now

- Added new units in the major OOBs

- AI will research the new units and tech but don't expect it to build units efficiently

This is the patch i installed, the ss are now upgradable which is a big step for me. just hope that i can continue my campain in the point i left it without problem. I loaded the game and it display the new brigades status...

I think that the mod units are not tweaked for the last game patch, so we are waiting for the next mod patch to catch up with the game, but now i can create the Oberkommando der SS and play with whole SS Armee like regular units (can upgrade them from infantry to panzers)

This mod is a great adition to the game it should be part of the vanilla game.
I have some critics regarding the SS unit balances:
- i think the supply consumption is too high in all units ( in infantry (foot) brigades its double, does SS man eat for 2?)
- The SS armor use much more supply than vanilla armor, but consume less fuel (they have less softness, which means more or bigger tanks so more fuel is needed)
- They require a lot more man power, in some units they require 1 point more in man power ( how can it be justified a thousand men more to produce a unit with the same number of mens?)

Im playing version 2.03c.

Thankx for the mod :)

Last edited:
I think that the mod units are not tweaked for the last game patch, so we are waiting for the next mod patch to catch up with the game, but now i can create the Oberkommando der SS and play with whole SS Armee like regular units (can upgrade them from infantry to panzers)

This mod is a great adition to the game it should be part of the vanilla game.
I have some critics regarding the SS unit balances:
- i think the supply consumption is too high in all units ( in infantry (foot) brigades its double, does SS man eat for 2?)
- The SS armor use much more supply than vanilla armor, but consume less fuel (they have less softness, which means more or bigger tanks so more fuel is needed)
- They require a lot more man power, in some units they require 1 point more in man power ( how can it be justified a thousand men more to produce a unit with the same number of mens?)

Im playing version 2.03c.

Thankx for the mod :)

1. they use more supply because they have more and heavier weapons. supplies are not only food. it is also a question of balancing the units.
2. that may be due to game mechanics that cannot be changed by a mod.
3. i think it is for balancing reasons too. i am not sure the size of an brigade can be changed.

1. they use more supply because they have more and heavier weapons. supplies are not only food. it is also a question of balancing the units.
2. that may be due to game mechanics that cannot be changed by a mod.
3. i think it is for balancing reasons too. i am not sure the size of an brigade can be changed.

SS are mod units all of their stats can be changed, anybody can do it just go to the unit file in the mod file and edited. Of course the point here is trying to make a mod for everyone not just edit things for yourself.

SS are mod units all of their stats can be changed, anybody can do it just go to the unit file in the mod file and edited. Of course the point here is trying to make a mod for everyone not just edit things for yourself.

of course they can all be changed. i was referring to the size of the brigades. i am not sure if the size of a newly build brigade can be changed. it can be changed for units added by event.

of course they can all be changed. i was referring to the size of the brigades. i am not sure if the size of a newly build brigade can be changed. it can be changed for units added by event.

I dont want to change the number of man in a brigade just the manpower needed to built it.

I got your point about the fuel of the SS panzer, as you said there is heavier tanks in the division so they should cost more fuel.

The supplies is explained by comsubpac, they eat ammunitions and have better and new equipment faster than the regular guys.

The manpower is for balance reasons, same as marines or paratroopers, the ratio manpower/brigade size is not 1/1 (you have to think logistic, training etc. not represented in the game).

I got your point about the fuel of the SS panzer, as you said there is heavier tanks in the division so they should cost more fuel.

The supplies is explained by comsubpac, they eat ammunitions and have better and new equipment faster than the regular guys.

The manpower is for balance reasons, same as marines or paratroopers, the ratio manpower/brigade size is not 1/1 (you have to think logistic, training etc. not represented in the game).

I would not put to much emphasise on the idea that SS-units had better equipment than regular army units. It is a notion repeated very much post war, so much that it has become a truth. Still I haven't seen anything supporting this. I have been to BAMA in Freiburg and checked the distribution of armour (Feldherrenhalle papers e.g. "RH10") and there is no special SS distribution.

I would still say that you can keep the stats for the SS units (due to dedication of the men), but skip out on the increase in fuel. This is also a balance issue, there is so much tech tied into these special units that it gamebalance wise can't afford any additional drawbacks.

And please take a look at my post above about Lt. Inf. I really do think that Jäger divisions is a far better example for this kind of units than the Green devils.

When i buld a SS infantry "regiment" it take 4.33 manpower. To reinforce it from half streng to full streng it takes 2.16 manpower or 1.5 manpower? Does the game take in acount the unit base manpower or does it reinforce all units the same way?

Im going to study the vanilla and the mod units stats and come with concret porposes.

Another question, the only tech that afect the SS related to morale and organization is the faction tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.