• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3.04 compatibility patch is linked to in the first post. As for the new error, with a million other projects on I'm sure devildread appreciates bug reports and confirmation since it means he doesn't need to find them himself :)

It's not really a "bug" as much as it is incompatibility with a new .exe and data figures, it's really not that long of a fix.

If Devildread isn't too busy =) there are some things I really would have wanted in addition to the stuff already existing in CW.
1. Japanese amphibious armour -
2. Flamethrower tanks - should be good attack value against forts and close-combat fighting in difficult terrain but poor defence values, for example L3 Lf flamethrower flame tank (Ita), L6 Lf flame tank (Ita), Panzer II Flamm (Ger), StuG III (Flamm) (Ger), Type "SS" Armored Engineer Vehicle (Jap), Crocodile(UK), M4A3R3 Zippo (US), ОТ-34 (Sov), KhT-26 (Sov),
3. Heavy siege artillery - good against cities and forts.

Hey I worked more than a week on the 2.0 patch, don't tell me I am not doing anything (and always check the first post of mine in this thread!). ><

This is a bonus I do for you guys, as I am not bound by contract to release patches for Common Weapons after Semper Fi. So please be patient. :)

As for the new error, with a million other projects on I'm sure devildread appreciates bug reports and confirmation since it means he doesn't need to find them himself :)

This. Balance and bug reports are greatly appreciated.

I am still on vacation, you will have to wait unti at least 15th of August before I get back and then a few days before I figure out Dies Irae (Common Weapons is not a priority as you might guess). Let's say before September it is likely you will be able to play the DLC.

Hey I worked more than a week on the 2.0 patch, don't tell me I am not doing anything (and always check the first post of mine in this thread!). ><

This is a bonus I do for you guys, as I am not bound by contract to release patches for Common Weapons after Semper Fi. So please be patient. :)

This. Balance and bug reports are greatly appreciated.

I am still on vacation, you will have to wait unti at least 15th of August before I get back and then a few days before I figure out Dies Irae (Common Weapons is not a priority as you might guess). Let's say before September it is likely you will be able to play the DLC.
Well, the follow on support, and update. is appreciated. Enjoy your vacation.

2.1 Patch is here, compatibility with FTM 3.05 (no more additions).

FOR THE MOTHERLAND PATCH - 2.1
Patch is full, no previous one needed. You can install over any previous patch.

DOWNLOAD :
Common Weapons of WWII - Patch 2.1 (thanks to derkb to provide the server)

INSTALLATION :
Make a backup of your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder (simply copy it and paste it in another location).
Extract the patch in your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder and overwrite the files.

Devildread, you are awesome! I take back every snarky thing I ever said about the French.:D

Merci Devildread !

I can now soon go on GG and buy CWII!

Actually it was only a variable name change in the interface file. Couple minutes of work. ^^

Hmm still crash when starting scenario. Checksum MJRL. Anyone with ideas?

Checksum should be KXZE over a UBYY FTM 3.05. Please check your game without the DLC and see if the checksum UBYY is correct.

Checksum should be KXZE over a UBYY FTM 3.05. Please check your game without the DLC and see if the checksum UBYY is correct.

UBYY correct.

I have also reinstalled the DLC over and over and also installed the patch multiple times, one time with all the folders as separate install. I also have the game directly under the root to avoid any Windows trouble. In Gfx/models I only have the Royal marines, I guess I should have some more units there as this one comes with the patch. But the installer did not give me any more in that folder.

EDIT: case closed. I had 2 Common weapons folder in the mods folder. Probably some mod/beta FUBAR.

Last edited:
I may be crazy, but shouldn't I be able to build National Guard brigades under U.S.? I thought I could under Germany in 1936, and I have numerous Nat. Guard brigs starting as US, but there are none listed under production...? I have the correct check sums.

UBYY correct.

I have also reinstalled the DLC over and over and also installed the patch multiple times, one time with all the folders as separate install. I also have the game directly under the root to avoid any Windows trouble. In Gfx/models I only have the Royal marines, I guess I should have some more units there as this one comes with the patch. But the installer did not give me any more in that folder.

EDIT: case closed. I had 2 Common weapons folder in the mods folder. Probably some mod/beta FUBAR.

I´ve still got a CTD when trying to play, but not the problem said here.

it is a tech you need to research first. of the top of my head it can only be done after infantry tech is at lvl 2.

SOrry I should have been clearer. It is indeed a selection after researching level 2 infantry, but i already have units of national guard in the field when I start...shouldn't I be able to build them now (credited with the research)?

Status
Not open for further replies.