• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but there are 2 problems with this unit: The build time is far to long, 2.5x that of normal garrisons (and double that of normal infantry too), making the only slightly increased base price tag a whole lot more. Second, it has no suppression values- which doesn't quite make sense since the national guard tends to be called up in cases of emergencies to assist the population and keep them calm. If its build time was reduced to just slightly longer than normal garrisons and it was given a suppression value, i'd use them over normal garrisons everytime because of the huge research savings. Looking at it im almost convinced the buildtime is a typo, it simply cant be right that the national guard is costing more than twice that of a normal infantry unit in terms of total ic. Hopefully devildread will take a look at this for his next patch.

+1

I can't get the mod to work right

When I open up the tech tab, I can see a Axis, Allies, and Komintern, But I can't click the Axis one as Germany. Also the new brigades have no icons, just an 'x' by the name.

I'm playing SF 2.03.

It has a couple problems. Ideally they should be used as an upgraded garrison. It's biggest benefit is that it uses the same techline as normal infantry so you dont have to waste research on the garrison line. Its base IC cost and officer cost are only slightly higher than normal garrisons. But there are 2 problems with this unit: the build time is far to long, 2.5x that of normal garrisons (and double that of normal infantry too), making the only slightly increased base price tag a whole lot more. Second, it has no suppression values- which doesn't quite make sense since the national guard tends to be called up in cases of emergencies to assist the population and keep them calm. If its build time was reduced to just slightly longer than normal garrisons and it was given a suppression value, I'd use them over normal garrisons everytime because of the huge research savings. Looking at it im almost convinced the buildtime is a typo, it simply cant be right that the national guard is costing more than twice that of a normal infantry unit in terms of total IC. Hopefully Devildread will take a look at this for his next patch.

However, even right now NG are better than normal infantry when on the defense, and use half the supplies/officers of normal infantry, which might be useful as leadership strapped nations that spend a lot of time on the defensive like say France or the USSR. It would also be really cool if the national guard forces of the US were represented in the starting GC scenario- this shouldnt be that hard to research compared to all the crazy deployments that happen in later scenarios and give the US a much needed boost to starting divisions.

The bigger question is why would a german player use normal infantry when he can build SS Infantry, given that they have higher starting morale and the axis land doctrine boosts it even further. The SS infantry now have double the morale of normal infantry in my game and its only 1939. It's going to be hard for anyone to stand against germany when their infantry regains org twice as fast as everyone else.

I see your points and will change that. :)

You might want to make it so the AI activates the decisions allowing them to research their unique units, currently they cannot do this (currently the potential is set to AI = no) and the player gains a pretty big advantage.

AI won't build the new units so I don't want them to waste LS in research. And even if I make the scripts for the AI to build the units, it won't be able to use them correctly.

This is a player only DLC.

--edit : nevermind, I'll let the AI research the new techs since some of them aren't about units but about bonuses.

Last edited:
Okay then, changelog so far.

################################
#### COMMON WEAPONS OF WWII ####
#### PATCH 1.01 CHANGELOG ####
By DiDay for Paradox Interactive

- Added unit upgrade feature for most of the new units
- Added names for SS divisions and deleted them from the regular units division names
- Added several division names for Germany
- Added several division names for Soviet Union
- Added several division names for United Kingdom
- Added several division names for USA

- Transport ship engine tech now decreases the speed by 0.33 instead of 1

- Tweaked the interface in order to have the production panels scrollable

- Balanced most of the units, the motorized / mechanized / armored units consume lot more fuel and supplies (based upon Semper Fi values)
- National Guards are more expensive but build faster now, they also have suppression value to 2
- National Guards is now about x2 cost than garrison but better at defense and with no need to spend leadership in research
- SS and guards have less moral and org (40-40) now

- Added new units in the major OOBs

- AI will research the new units and tech but don't expect it to build units efficiently

I will release a beta patch in this thread in order to have some people test it for me. :)
After some reports I'll send it to Paradox and they'll release it as the finale patch.

Its good to see my Blue Coins are going to keep on givin!

Good changes regarding the national guards.

But I still feel that the technology should be reversed and national guards should use militia branch while garrisons the infantry line. After all (AFAIK) historically national guards were more of a militia then regular army.

What is this unit pack for hoi 3 ?

Is it the imersion pics we been waiting for ? Or is it more ?
Is it only for hoi 3 or can I use it when I got semper fi too ?
side question: A friend got hold of AOD the other day and played Sweden, there was swedish pics not generic. Why u not use this for HOI 3 also ?

Okay few days passed, the week end is almost over :

What do you guys think about this DLC ?

I will start working on a patch after the next week I think, you can tell me what is missing, what is unbalanced and what is not working and I'll consider it. :)

Its great!

Three things i would like to see:

1. Names for the units (with deletion of some of the former names to avoid regular units being called "elite" names) - PS - would love to help with this if you need it :)

2. Ability to upgrade those units that make sense to upgrade

3. Have only tried out the german units so far - adding SS CAV&MTN and also support units would be good. I assume this would be good for some of the other nations special units aswell - but I haven't had the time to go through them properly

EDIT: Just saw your answer DD - oops. But nice to that most of my points where already in there :)

Once again: Good Job!

MTB and Convoy Raiders

MTB get slaughtered in the game They should be hard to hit and a serious threat in large numbers, but I don't think the combat system can handle these. Too bad, good idea.

The AI doesn't know what to do with the convoy raiders - can they be made a type of submarine?

The ranges don't seem to matter, I've seen MTB grouped with capital ships and sent on long trips, and the AI doesn't take advantage of long range of convoy raiders

When I open up the tech tab, I can see a Axis, Allies, and Komintern, But I can't click the Axis one as Germany. Also the new brigades have no icons, just an 'x' by the name.

I'm playing SF 2.03.

I finally got it to work by making a clean install. It looks great!

SS and light infantry

I like these units. The SS should have foreign legion units for their Freiwillige voluteers, and cavalry.

It makes sense to restrict SS to Germany and the West because of their supply consumption and high manpower needs that would otherwise get attrited. Light units can fight the Russians without straining the supply system.

Do infantry tech upgrades increase the supply usage of light infantry?

Germany should have a '44 infantry division:

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt/german-infantry-division-manpower.html

Whats all this blue coin stuff about. I paid for the DLC directly with my Debit card, Is there a differnce? Everyone mentions the blue coins, Im being serious is there a difference.

On Gamers Gate every time you buy stuff and (I think) you do reviews or similar activities you can earn credit in the form of blue coins. The value is 100 coins = 1$ for us in the states. They can be spent on the web site or in HoI3 in the DLC screen.

Hey guys, here is the first beta of the patch. It should be stable and in the definitive version but I may have missed some bugs in some place. This is why I ask you to test it and report here. Thanks. :)

DOWNLOAD :
Common Weapons of WWII - Patch 1.01 beta (thanks to derkb to provide me the server)

INSTALLATION :
Make a backup of your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder (simply copy it and paste it in another location).
Extract the patch in your \mod\common_weapons_of_WWII\ folder and overwrite the files.

Don't apply the patch if you are not confident with computers, wait for the finale patch instead.

CHANGELOG :

#### COMMON WEAPONS OF WWII ####
#### PATCH 1.01 CHANGELOG ####
By DiDay for Paradox Interactive

- Added unit upgrade feature for most of the new units
- Added names for SS divisions and deleted them from the regular units division names
- Added several division names for Germany
- Added several division names for Soviet Union
- Added several division names for United Kingdom
- Added several division names for USA

- Transport ship engine tech now decreases the speed by 0.33 instead of 1

- Tweaked the interface in order to have the production panels scrollable

- Balanced most of the units, the motorized / mechanized / armored units consume lot more fuel and supplies (based upon Semper Fi values)
- National Guards are more expensive but build faster now, they also have suppression value to 2
- National Guards is now about x2 cost than garrison but better at defense and with no need to spend leadership in research
- SS and guards have less moral and org (40-40) now

- Added new units in the major OOBs

- AI will research the new units and tech but don't expect it to build units efficiently

Status
Not open for further replies.